Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
So does Astarion look enough like an Elf?


IMO, Astarion is much closer than most of the stock faces, because he's got quite angular and slender features. That being said, his eyes should be more almond shaped and probably a touch larger, his jawline probably should be slightly more angled too as should his brows. He looks like he would have been a moon elf pre-vampirism based on his colouration (except eyes which are vamp red i suppose lol).

Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Veles
I like elves in their current state and tottaly fine with their apperance. I don't wanna play freaks. Please,devs, don't listen these fools.

I don't want to play elves, full stop. They are over-rated, narcissistic and so up their own digestive systems that they can watch their stomachs emptying. Odd bat-eared anorexics that they are.

Bah. Remove elves altogether and fill the space with gnomes and more dwarves. You know it makes sense.


On the other end of the spectrum, they're my favourite race with one of the most interesting histories in forgotten realms.

Last edited by blindhamster; 15/10/20 01:38 PM. Reason: fixing spelling!
Joined: Mar 2020
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Anung un Rama
Are you able to give your opinion without offending anyone?

You need to grow a thicker skin, mate.


Probably, but it would be even better to avoid offending each other, as I really want this discussion to stay on topic and without further drama.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
I agree on Elves not looking like Elves.

Warhammer 40k did good thing with the Eldar and Drukari (Space Elves)
The old Elders scrols did the same thing until the MMO.

The elven face choices now are something to be put in half Elven subrace.

You also use a to complicated language to communicate with the dumb dumb´s that want shove real world politics in to that.

Elve´s are as alien looking as the grey or xenomorphs are to us or would be to us if they where real. They are a alien form and have to look that part as much as possible you are not to identify with them by looks and appearance!
You as human are not like them and they are not like you.
Half elves are halve human halve elves and elven features get mixed in both then its ok but pure elves no. They have to look alien and out of place because that is what they are! ALIENS! Outlanders, not natives, diffrent.

This is not USA dumb dumb´s look for the top super modle star and you dont choose some one or something related from the looks but what they offer as a class as a race as bonus. What is so wrong with being different? Scared of unique identity?
Why do you have to create a single ugly mass of grey where everything looks the same?


Joined: Feb 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Feb 2020
Originally Posted by blindhamster
In Forgotten realms there are quite a few
High Elves
- Sun Elves: Regal looking, typically bronzed skin, they have hair colours of brown/red/copper/gold typically and their eyes are usually black, gold or silver
- Moon Elves: Pale skin, often with a blue or purple hue, hair colours covering all human ones plus silver and blue, their eyes are usually blue or green with gold flecks
- Star Elves: pale skin with gold, silver or red hair and tend to be particularly slender, their eyes are similar to moon elves

Wood Elves
- Copper Elves: tend to be broader and sturdier, tan or bronzed skin, copper, brown, black or golden blond hair with eyes of green, hazel or brown. Wood elves are technically one of the only races of elves native to Faerun, the reason for this is they come from intermingling of Wild Elves with other elves over many generations.
- Wild/Green Elves: tend toward darker skin tones from tanned to dark brown, usually have darker hair colour and eyes similar to copper elves.

Eladrin: Eladrin are Elves native to the feywild still, their appearance literally changes with the seasons, they look a lot like Sun Elves in terms of their regal appearance, but their hair, skin and eye colours change with the passing of each season, as does their personality.

Drow
- Lolthian Drow: Shorter than surface elves, they're graceful and regal looking, their skin is almost always shades of obsidian, purple, grey. brown or blue undertones differentiate them though, their eyes are almost always red, with violet and amber being rare exceptions, their hair is always white or off white. Their colouring is part of a curse put upon them by Corellon for their actions around the early crown wars.
- Dark Elves (Seldarine drow in this game): These drow have had Corellons curse lifted due to actions shortly before the spellplague. They have reverted to their original colourations (NOT how they're shown in the game) and look a lot like Wild/Green Elves for colouration.

Lythari: Esentially a unique non-evil breed of Elven werewolf that doesn't have a hybrid form, they're usually depicted as pale with grey or white hair both in elf and wolf form. But they're usually found in Wood Elf lands, so in theory make more sense to match their colouring to some extent.

Avariel: Winged Elves, their features are even more delicate than other elves, with eyes that are larger than most too, their eyes tend to be bright blues, greens or even purple, their skin colour isn't really described anywhere but the only art of them shown has been pale/tanned. Their hair and wings tend to be black/white/silver. Though the most well known Avariel, Aerie from BG2 has blond hair. Avariel are noted as being shorter than High or Wood elves in the same way that drow are.

Aquatic Elves: their build is probably the most sturdy of all the elves and tend to be tall. Their skin tends toward blues and greens, but sometimes browns or even silvers, their hair is usually blacks, greens, blues, browns or even red. Their eyes are usually black, blue, white, green or very rarely silver.


Regardless of the kind, they all have the angular features, almond eyes and pointed ears. None of them can grow facial hair or have body hair.

If Larian really want to include human ethnicities in the different elves, they should at least try and correlate the human ethnicities to those subraces and go from there. Right now the Elves are just /wrong/ and it's crazy because there are EXCELLENT resources available for multiple editions of D&D describing all the above.

Most notably for D&D 5e, Sword Coast Adventurers Guide which should honestly be a default inclusion for this game anyway, considering the setting.


+1 (I bolded the different subraces in the above quote for emphasis)

Joined: Oct 2020
S
stranger
Offline
stranger
S
Joined: Oct 2020
AnonySimon pretty much covered the subraces, I just think they need to be slimmed down a bit, the PC elves are built like half elves and Halsin is built like a Half-Orc.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I was not talking to you and I never called you a racist. The post was directed to DumbleDorf who keeps bringing up identity politics. SHAME on you for insulting me when I wasn't even talking to you. Shows how immature you are. At the end of the day this is just a video game.

I think the OP has flounced so probably won't respond.

However, for the record, I agree with you. I'm uncomfortable in assigning Terran human ethnic characteristics to non-human Faerun races just to meet a diversity target and reflect the world in which we live, but by all means have dwarfs that have negroid facial features or elves that are Asian in appearance. However, make that the effect of the world in which THEY live and not the world in which WE live. If we use Tolkien as the base reference, and most fantasy RPG elves follow his model, then they are all fair skinned and tall. Despite being a South African by birth, Tolkien had no reason to use another ethnic group as his base appearance and culture because he knew what he wanted his elves to look like. That does not mean that another fantasy world creator cannot make elves who are Asian, brown, black or even small and green.

Fantasy races look like they do because that's how we, as consumers and creators of fantasy worlds, visualise them. My 'perfect' model for an elf will look very different to yours and will probably reflect my own culture and upbringing. However, we should both have the option to create a character based on our own vision.


Wrong as the looks or elves where already outlined and there is no room for "interpretation" and "I want".
The visualization is already done by the the creators of DnD.

You dont slap pointy ears on human and call it a Eleve.

Last edited by xMardeRx; 15/10/20 03:37 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Cleric of Innuendo
Offline
Cleric of Innuendo
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
The visualization is already done by the the creators of DnD.

Actually, visualisation for the Forgotten Realms elves was done by Ed Greenwood before AD&D or D&D, or even Chainmail, was a thing. He had already mostly created the world before suggesting it as a setting for D&D. He, like Gygax and Arneson, was influenced by fantasy authors such as Tolkien for their world's inhabitants and so similarities already existed, but changes were made to Greenwood's original world to better suit the D&D/AD&D game. Forgotten Realms elves, however, owe more to Greenwood than to Gygax and Arneson.

What you picked up on for the rest of the post is slightly misinterpreted. I was not suggesting that I ought to be able to create an elf character that is bright purple with a huge melon for a head and six legs, but that, within the guidelines of Forgotten Realm's existing literature, I should be able to create a character that suits what I want t create, be that dark brown, light-skinned or anything in-between. No fantasy setting has ever described every single individual of a species with their setting, and it is therefore possible that variants of (say) a Wood Elf have features that are not exactly the same as any of the illustrations seen on the internet. As it is possible, I would like that option to be available for my version of an elf character. Ideally, of course, I would like an infinite number of variations, but this is impractical. However, the elf faces seen in BG3 are not, to my mind, in any way unreasonable. I'd like more choice, yes, but we cannot have everything.

Originally Posted by xMardeRx
You dont slap pointy ears on human and call it a Eleve.

I'm not sure I'd slap ears on anything and call it an Eleve.

Last edited by Sadurian; 15/10/20 04:45 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
H
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
H
Joined: Oct 2020




Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by Hachina
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Quote



I didn't want to come back here, but it's absurd that you think you have the right to say that kind of thing without any basis, and act like I'm the one who started the insults.

I didn't attack anyone because of their opinions, but you and others try to make it look like I'm a racist. That's disgusting. I challenge you to find a comment that I made that has racist implications ... Well, there are none and you know it.

So, if you have a little decency, you will apologize.


That comment that I wrote about someone being a racist was NOT directed to YOU!!! There is NO REASON for you attack me. I was NOT talking to you. The problem is you got tagged because DumbleDorf wrote on your thread. AGAIN, my comment was NOT directed to YOU but to DUMBLEDOF. He was responding to Goldenberry who was responding to ME. This starting quote that I said, should tell you I wasn't talking to you. "I'm gonna answer you here because it seems like your post was locked where people can't respond." That proves I was talking to Dumbledorf who has another thread that was blocked by the administrator because he was bringing up racial politics and I told him to be careful not to sound like a racist. NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? I would be nice if you apologize to me for calling me a child and immature when I was NOT talking to YOU.


I don't really want to argue but I feel like a third party may be needed here. Anung whole point is that he wants elves to look more stylized, lean, chiseled, basically, the classic elf looking. And the classic elf looking doesn't ressemble minority or anything, he looks like his own race. Its basically hight cheekbone, Hollow cheek, slanted eyes, and so on , everyone know what I mean. But in your comment, you called anyone that didn't want elves to look like a real world minority a ''racist'' and that include people who want otherwordly , androgynous, slender elves (because otherworldy elves don't look like world minority. nor like world majority, actually; They just look different). Thus,I understand that you didn't mean that, but the way your comment is put can be misleading.


Like I mention in another response to someone else, I don't have a problem with elves looking like traditional elves. The issue some of us have comes mostly from DumbleDorf who brought in his dislike of identity politics and is blaming Larian for that. I believe there were also others, I do don't remember who, that also stated they don't want faces to represent ethnic minorities. I am not directly calling anyone a racist. All I'm saying is to be careful not to "seem" like a racist when talking about identity politics as that is a very sensitive subject for some people.



I understand.


Originally Posted by Anung un Rama
Originally Posted by Hachina
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Quote



I didn't want to come back here, but it's absurd that you think you have the right to say that kind of thing without any basis, and act like I'm the one who started the insults.

I didn't attack anyone because of their opinions, but you and others try to make it look like I'm a racist. That's disgusting. I challenge you to find a comment that I made that has racist implications ... Well, there are none and you know it.

So, if you have a little decency, you will apologize.


That comment that I wrote about someone being a racist was NOT directed to YOU!!! There is NO REASON for you attack me. I was NOT talking to you. The problem is you got tagged because DumbleDorf wrote on your thread. AGAIN, my comment was NOT directed to YOU but to DUMBLEDOF. He was responding to Goldenberry who was responding to ME. This starting quote that I said, should tell you I wasn't talking to you. "I'm gonna answer you here because it seems like your post was locked where people can't respond." That proves I was talking to Dumbledorf who has another thread that was blocked by the administrator because he was bringing up racial politics and I told him to be careful not to sound like a racist. NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? I would be nice if you apologize to me for calling me a child and immature when I was NOT talking to YOU.


I don't really want to argue but I feel like a third party may be needed here. Anung whole point is that he wants elves to look more stylized, lean, chiseled, basically, the classic elf looking. And the classic elf looking doesn't ressemble minority or anything, he looks like his own race. Its basically hight cheekbone, Hollow cheek, slanted eyes, and so on , everyone know what I mean. But in your comment, you called anyone that didn't want elves to look like a real world minority a ''racist'' and that include people who want otherwordly , androgynous, slender elves (because otherworldy elves don't look like world minority. nor like world majority, actually; They just look different). Thus,I understand that you didn't mean that, but the way your comment is put can be misleading.


Thank you! You said it perfectly.


No point ! smile


If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
Joined: Oct 2020
C
stranger
Offline
stranger
C
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
So does Astarion look enough like an Elf?


I always think of Astarion as 1/4 Elf, that's how I'm roleplaying him at least



Joined: Sep 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Astarion looks like a Human Vampire to me.

Nothing at all elvish about him.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I was not talking to you and I never called you a racist. The post was directed to DumbleDorf who keeps bringing up identity politics. SHAME on you for insulting me when I wasn't even talking to you. Shows how immature you are. At the end of the day this is just a video game.

I think the OP has flounced so probably won't respond.

However, for the record, I agree with you. I'm uncomfortable in assigning Terran human ethnic characteristics to non-human Faerun races just to meet a diversity target and reflect the world in which we live, but by all means have dwarfs that have negroid facial features or elves that are Asian in appearance. However, make that the effect of the world in which THEY live and not the world in which WE live. If we use Tolkien as the base reference, and most fantasy RPG elves follow his model, then they are all fair skinned and tall. Despite being a South African by birth, Tolkien had no reason to use another ethnic group as his base appearance and culture because he knew what he wanted his elves to look like. That does not mean that another fantasy world creator cannot make elves who are Asian, brown, black or even small and green.

Fantasy races look like they do because that's how we, as consumers and creators of fantasy worlds, visualise them. My 'perfect' model for an elf will look very different to yours and will probably reflect my own culture and upbringing. However, we should both have the option to create a character based on our own vision.


Wrong as the looks or elves where already outlined and there is no room for "interpretation" and "I want".
The visualization is already done by the the creators of DnD.

You dont slap pointy ears on human and call it a Eleve.


What some of us are saying is that you can still have elves look like traditional DnD elves but there is nothing wrong with making the elves slightly resemble real world ethnicities. For example, an African resembling elf would have a wider nose, full lips, darker skin and curly dark hair OR you can have each different race of elves culture represent the different real world cultures. This also can include their clothing option as representative of where they are from. For example, say you have elves that live in the desert, that could be a representation of the Arabian culture. I think that would be cool if game designers did that.

Last edited by Lady Avyna; 15/10/20 10:55 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Citizn
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
So does Astarion look enough like an Elf?


I always think of Astarion as 1/4 Elf, that's how I'm roleplaying him at least




Astarion is a full blooded High Elf but he's also a 200 year old vampire. When it comes to his character design, I think the developers might of had a difficult time figuring out how to combine his elf and vampire side. From what I see, the only elf features he has is his angular type face, his ears and his body shape. As for his vampire side, the only thing he had are his fangs and red eyes. They could have designed him a little better. If I were designing him, I would change his eyes and make them slightly bigger, a little slanted and bigger pupils. That would make him a little more elvish. I would also change his hair color as he is already pale enough.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I was not talking to you and I never called you a racist. The post was directed to DumbleDorf who keeps bringing up identity politics. SHAME on you for insulting me when I wasn't even talking to you. Shows how immature you are. At the end of the day this is just a video game.

I think the OP has flounced so probably won't respond.

However, for the record, I agree with you. I'm uncomfortable in assigning Terran human ethnic characteristics to non-human Faerun races just to meet a diversity target and reflect the world in which we live, but by all means have dwarfs that have negroid facial features or elves that are Asian in appearance. However, make that the effect of the world in which THEY live and not the world in which WE live. If we use Tolkien as the base reference, and most fantasy RPG elves follow his model, then they are all fair skinned and tall. Despite being a South African by birth, Tolkien had no reason to use another ethnic group as his base appearance and culture because he knew what he wanted his elves to look like. That does not mean that another fantasy world creator cannot make elves who are Asian, brown, black or even small and green.

Fantasy races look like they do because that's how we, as consumers and creators of fantasy worlds, visualise them. My 'perfect' model for an elf will look very different to yours and will probably reflect my own culture and upbringing. However, we should both have the option to create a character based on our own vision.


Wrong as the looks or elves where already outlined and there is no room for "interpretation" and "I want".
The visualization is already done by the the creators of DnD.

You dont slap pointy ears on human and call it a Eleve.


What some of us are saying is that you can still have elves look like traditional DnD elves but there is nothing wrong with making the elves slightly resemble real world ethnicities. For example, an African resembling elf would have a wider nose, full lips, darker skin and curly dark hair OR you can have each different race of elves culture represent the different real world cultures. This also can include their clothing option as representative of where they are from. For example, say you have elves that live in the desert, that could be a representation of the Arabian culture. I think that would be cool if game designers did that.


You apparently do not understand that elves are in any way resembling humans. No a African cant be Eleve as Asian cant be one as a Caucasian cant be one as they are not human. Elves are not human in any form do not follow human gentics, they are alien!
Why are you pressing real world elements in something that has no real world resemblance?
Elves are alien and that has to be visually represented.

What some of you saying is idiocy in the purest form.

If start stupid stuff like that why even have different races and monsters why not just have grey orbs floating round with no visual and race/gender related differences. What you suggest ist to kill all the flavor for sake of inclusiveness witch is stupid in its own sense. There green human= orc Human with pointy ears= Eleve small human dwarf or maybe halfling or maybe gnome I dont know you nobody will know because you killed all flavors all differences that make out the rich and flavorfull world that DnD is and offers.

There is everything wrong with making elves or any other race to resemble humans and real world ethnicity's. Elves are not from Ferun, do you understand?!
They are aliens, different biology, different biomes, different genetics, !!!!!DIFFERENT!!!!!!

You ask for a grey blob souless blob.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by xMardeRx


Wrong as the looks or elves where already outlined and there is no room for "interpretation" and "I want".
The visualization is already done by the the creators of DnD.

You dont slap pointy ears on human and call it a Eleve.


What some of us are saying is that you can still have elves look like traditional DnD elves but there is nothing wrong with making the elves slightly resemble real world ethnicities. For example, an African resembling elf would have a wider nose, full lips, darker skin and curly dark hair OR you can have each different race of elves culture represent the different real world cultures. This also can include their clothing option as representative of where they are from. For example, say you have elves that live in the desert, that could be a representation of the Arabian culture. I think that would be cool if game designers did that.


You apparently do not understand that elves are in any way resembling humans. No a African cant be Eleve as Asian cant be one as a Caucasian cant be one as they are not human. Elves are not human in any form do not follow human gentics, they are alien!
Why are you pressing real world elements in something that has no real world resemblance?
Elves are alien and that has to be visually represented.

What some of you saying is idiocy in the purest form.

If start stupid stuff like that why even have different races and monsters why not just have grey orbs floating round with no visual and race/gender related differences. What you suggest ist to kill all the flavor for sake of inclusiveness witch is stupid in its own sense. There green human= orc Human with pointy ears= Eleve small human dwarf or maybe halfling or maybe gnome I dont know you nobody will know because you killed all flavors all differences that make out the rich and flavorfull world that DnD is and offers.

There is everything wrong with making elves or any other race to resemble humans and real world ethnicity's. Elves are not from Ferun, do you understand?!
They are aliens, different biology, different biomes, different genetics, !!!!!DIFFERENT!!!!!!

You ask for a grey blob souless blob.


First of all there is no need for you to get all worked up over all of us having a conversation about our different opinions on elves. We can all learn from each other. None of us are saying for the elves to not look like traditional elves. None of us are saying that. You claim the elves are aliens, they are otherworldly from the Forgotten Realms campaign. Their ancestors are the Eladrin who are native of Feywild. The High Elves of DnD are also known as "common" Eladrin. There are also different races of elves like the Sun Elves, Moon Elves, Star Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves (the Drow), Aquatic Elves and so on. Each of those different types of elves can have different elvish cultures that COULD be representative of real world cultures, IF the game developers so choose to do that. It does NOT mean that they should change the way the elves look. Period.

Last edited by Lady Avyna; 16/10/20 12:21 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
H
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
H
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by Citizn
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
So does Astarion look enough like an Elf?


I always think of Astarion as 1/4 Elf, that's how I'm roleplaying him at least




Astarion is a full blooded High Elf but he's also a 200 year old vampire. When it comes to his character design, I think the developers might of had a difficult time figuring out how to combine his elf and vampire side. From what I see, the only elf features he has is his angular type face, his ears and his body shape. As for his vampire side, the only thing he had are his fangs and red eyes. They could have designed him a little better. If I were designing him, I would change his eyes and make them slightly bigger, a little slanted and bigger pupils. That would make him a little more elvish. I would also change his hair color as he is already pale enough.


Yeah. the red eyes and teeth really give him away for his vampire nature. Fortunatly, vampire traditionnally have hollowed cheeks and hight chiseled cheekbones, which goes well with the elf style; his pales skin and cinder hair does the rest. I think Astarion really does look how he is supposed to look, and I really appreciate his expression too, very realistic for his personnality.


If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Hachina
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by Citizn
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
So does Astarion look enough like an Elf?


I always think of Astarion as 1/4 Elf, that's how I'm roleplaying him at least




Astarion is a full blooded High Elf but he's also a 200 year old vampire. When it comes to his character design, I think the developers might of had a difficult time figuring out how to combine his elf and vampire side. From what I see, the only elf features he has is his angular type face, his ears and his body shape. As for his vampire side, the only thing he had are his fangs and red eyes. They could have designed him a little better. If I were designing him, I would change his eyes and make them slightly bigger, a little slanted and bigger pupils. That would make him a little more elvish. I would also change his hair color as he is already pale enough.


Yeah. the red eyes and teeth really give him away for his vampire nature. Fortunatly, vampire traditionnally have hollowed cheeks and hight chiseled cheekbones, which goes well with the elf style; his pales skin and cinder hair does the rest. I think Astarion really does look how he is supposed to look, and I really appreciate his expression too, very realistic for his personnality.


I agree his mannerism are very good. I think Larian did a good job with motion capture.

Joined: Mar 2020
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Hachina
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by Citizn
Originally Posted by TheAscendent
So does Astarion look enough like an Elf?


I always think of Astarion as 1/4 Elf, that's how I'm roleplaying him at least




Astarion is a full blooded High Elf but he's also a 200 year old vampire. When it comes to his character design, I think the developers might of had a difficult time figuring out how to combine his elf and vampire side. From what I see, the only elf features he has is his angular type face, his ears and his body shape. As for his vampire side, the only thing he had are his fangs and red eyes. They could have designed him a little better. If I were designing him, I would change his eyes and make them slightly bigger, a little slanted and bigger pupils. That would make him a little more elvish. I would also change his hair color as he is already pale enough.


Yeah. the red eyes and teeth really give him away for his vampire nature. Fortunatly, vampire traditionnally have hollowed cheeks and hight chiseled cheekbones, which goes well with the elf style; his pales skin and cinder hair does the rest. I think Astarion really does look how he is supposed to look, and I really appreciate his expression too, very realistic for his personnality.


Yes, he behaves very realistically. And I don't think they need to make a lot of changes to his model, just a few adjustments to make his face a little more delicate. The most important thing they need to improve is the eyes, make them bigger and sharper. I think that would make him such an impressive figure.

[edit] Maybe change his eye color to a deeper and shinier red.

Last edited by Anung un Rama; 16/10/20 12:24 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Anung un Rama


Yes, he behaves very realistically. And I don't think they need to make a lot of changes to his model, just a few adjustments to make his face a little more delicate. The most important thing they need to improve is the eyes, make them bigger and sharper. I think that would make him such an impressive figure.

[edit] Maybe change his eye color to a deeper and shinier red.


Astarion's already got a following. If they change his appearance people will riot.


There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed.
Joined: Mar 2020
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Arideya
Originally Posted by Anung un Rama


Yes, he behaves very realistically. And I don't think they need to make a lot of changes to his model, just a few adjustments to make his face a little more delicate. The most important thing they need to improve is the eyes, make them bigger and sharper. I think that would make him such an impressive figure.

[edit] Maybe change his eye color to a deeper and shinier red.


Astarion's already got a following. If they change his appearance people will riot.



I don't think so, since most of the people I talked to seem to want the elves to have their appearance changed to the classic version we see in Forgotten Realms. And anyway, I didn't suggest anything drastic.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Anung un Rama


I don't think so, since most of the people I talked to seem to want the elves to have their appearance changed to the classic version we see in Forgotten Realms. And anyway, I didn't suggest anything drastic.


Here on the forums maybe, in other places - have you seen Tumblr? The bg3 tag there is 80% Astarion.
I dont mind either way, in fact I was here earlier arguing for FR-looking elves. But you have to keep in mind that those 1 mil copies have already created an audience that is already attached to something. Changing both Astarion and Shadowheart might be or may not be a good idea. Only Larian knows who the fan favorites are so either of us may be right or none of us.

Last edited by Arideya; 16/10/20 02:07 AM.

There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5