Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
I'd like a toggle option to set a turn time for MP. To me that can make it move faster and give it some excitement to do something quickly.

journeyman
journeyman
I've only played single player and even then, there are battles where I think, holy shit can this please be over now?
Winning a big battle should be satisfying, instead, it's a relief.

journeyman
journeyman
I think they have some kinks to work out with the AI before we can really get a good feel for the length of encounters. As it stands now, you can often be painfully stuck in long encounters with AI that can't decide what to do, or you can also toss out a few barrels and solve them like this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/j9vwjc/astarion_sends_his_regards/

As a free action, can I regret my life choices
Kelarq Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
I'd like a toggle option to set a turn time for MP. To me that can make it move faster and give it some excitement to do something quickly.

I think that's a great idea actually. You see it in multiplayer turn-based strategy games, so it makes sense to have it here.

It also encourages players to do most of their strategising on other people's turns, thus keeping them more engaged. In the 45min slog I mentioned in the OP, you could tell people (myself included) were dropping off from boredom, which feeds into the issue because when it's finally your turn, you take even longer because you've got to take stock of what's actually going on again.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by IanTheWizard
It's probably too late to say this, but I hope there is an option for switching combats to RTwP mode.

I'm not a fan of turn-based combats and I think it's less realistic because combats in real life never are turn-based. It serves no purpose other than making you feel like it's a tabletop game and slowering down the pace of combats. While tabletop games undoubtedly need it, computer games are well-capable of handling RTwP combats and do not need to stick to turn-based combats.

It does serve a purpose, a fairly major one. There is a not-insubstantial number of people like me who hate realtime combat. I can't play them, I'm not fast enough to process everything and I like being methodical and considered in how I use my abilities as a reaction to having the time to see what enemies do. Like chess for example. This game would probably be unplayable for me if it was not turn based. (It was actually the deciding factor in me making the purchase.) Even RTwP games, while better, are still vexing. It's a VERY different experience than turn based, and one I personally think is worse, since I can't react as well to things.

That said, yes, enemy turns take needlessly long, probably because it's EA and it will almost certainly get better.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard