Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LoneSky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I would like Shadowheart to focus on heals, while still keeping her trickery god related parts during the story (would be too much asking a complete re-write of her story), but not during fights.
As well with Lae'zel to have a different build, all the details we pick for our own custom character, except looks. Same with the others.

The main reason for using the default companions is their involvement in the story. As well their unique looks, voices and everything else; and these would be all lost if we just replace them with a silent, custom character.

Last edited by LoneSky; 14/10/20 04:28 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by LoneSky
I would like Shadowheart to focus on heals, while still keeping her trickery god related parts during the story (would be too much asking a complete re-write of her story), but not during fights.
As well with Lae'zel to have a different build, all the details we pick for our own custom character, except looks. Same with the others.

The main reason for using the default companions is their involvement in the story. As well their unique looks, voices and everything else; and these would be all lost if we just replace them with a silent, custom character.

The game is in early access right now but I believe we might be able to do that once the Early Access ends. Larian did say that when you start a game you will also be able to either create your own character or choose one of the companions as a main character once the full game is released.

LoneSky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I saw those options in character creator (greyed out for now), but that would be just for the 1 character we pick, unless we play a custom character, and I likely do.

What I meant here is an option to edit the companion builds when we accept them in the party: STR, DEX and other stats, proficiencies, bonuses, everything except looks, race and class (unless a very similar class maybe).
They should keep all story options, like Shadowheart being still a cleric of the trickery, but having a heal based build if we want so. She don't have to know that based on her build, she no longer worships the same God. Same with the others.

Otherwise a party made from custom characters will be better in fights, and then all that effort related to story companions would be wasted.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by LoneSky
I saw those options in character creator (greyed out for now), but that would be just for the 1 character we pick, unless we play a custom character, and I likely do.

What I meant here is an option to edit the companion builds when we accept them in the party: STR, DEX and other stats, proficiencies, bonuses, everything except looks, race and class (unless a very similar class maybe).
They should keep all story options, like Shadowheart being still a cleric of the trickery, but having a heal based build if we want so. She don't have to know that based on her build, she no longer worships the same God. Same with the others.

Otherwise a party made from custom characters will be better in fights, and then all that effort related to story companions would be wasted.

i bet, that, at the very least, there will be a mod for it, after full release.
there always one such mod, for games like this.

Link Copied to Clipboard