P
stranger
stranger
P
agreed

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by CaryMiller
As the title says...I think my biggest complaint so far is the lack of Multiclassing, even if not all the classes are available yet. I'd rather do a LVL1 Rogue / LVL3 Warlock maybe than play either class straight (mainly to get a better group of Skills for a Face who picks locks and finds traps).

The game is already extremely poorly balanced, I don't see them including multiclasses anytime soon. In older version you could multiclass or dual class for flavor but in 5e they streamlined it and reduced it to redundancy by making multiclassing always be a heavy tradeoff. They then did the incredibly intelligent thing of front loading certain classes(warlock, divination mage, war mage, swashbuckler etc) with extremely potent skills that become gamebreaking. I can demonstrate a swashbuckler multiclass that has a +20 bonus to initiative or the infamous sorlock, sorcadin or Infernal Darkness rogue build that can solo a campaign without taking damage.

I would like to see multiclassing implemented but with how poor Larian is handling balance and how poorly they have handled it before I think it is for the better that it doesn't make it into the game.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
journeyman
journeyman
Multiclassing is a core component of DnD, so it should be present before the end of EA. It would be feature incomplete if I do say so.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by seikojin
Multiclassing is a core component of DnD, so it should be present before the end of EA. It would be feature incomplete if I do say so.

I have very little opinion on multi-classing in general; I could take it or leave it. But to call it a core component of DnD is entirely misleading. Multi-classing didn't exist in 1st edition, and in 2nd Edition AD&D it worked very differently (just play BG1 or 2 to see). It existed in 3rd/3.5, and that was the only edition where it could have been considered a "core" feature. It technically existed in 4E, but it was terrible and also we don't talk about 4E. And in 5E, while it exists in largely the same manner as it did in 3.5, it's also specifically listed as a variant rule; it's not part of the core experience by any definition.

Short version, multi-classing as it currently exists is not a core feature and its lack would not a missing feature so much as an extra idea that was not implemented.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Argonaut
Originally Posted by CaryMiller
As the title says...I think my biggest complaint so far is the lack of Multiclassing, even if not all the classes are available yet. I'd rather do a LVL1 Rogue / LVL3 Warlock maybe than play either class straight (mainly to get a better group of Skills for a Face who picks locks and finds traps).

The game is already extremely poorly balanced, I don't see them including multiclasses anytime soon. In older version you could multiclass or dual class for flavor but in 5e they streamlined it and reduced it to redundancy by making multiclassing always be a heavy tradeoff. They then did the incredibly intelligent thing of front loading certain classes(warlock, divination mage, war mage, swashbuckler etc) with extremely potent skills that become gamebreaking. I can demonstrate a swashbuckler multiclass that has a +20 bonus to initiative or the infamous sorlock, sorcadin or Infernal Darkness rogue build that can solo a campaign without taking damage.

I would like to see multiclassing implemented but with how poor Larian is handling balance and how poorly they have handled it before I think it is for the better that it doesn't make it into the game.

1. Sven confirmed on reddit, that multiclass wil be implemented the same way, as in PhB
2. Without multiclasss d&d 5 is very poor on build variety. after pc creation, you only choose subclass and 1\2 features, like maneuvers or metamagic. for someone, like rouge, after lvl 3 most your level ups just plain "OK" button.

Last edited by PanShlyaptor; 20/10/20 03:07 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
@panShlyaptor
The optimal rogue multiclass is to have as many levels of rogue as possible, it's one the classes that benefits very heavily with levels alone. I am also really unhappy about hearing that multiclassing will be included despite being a return to source type of person an I am very worried about how it is going to be implemented and how it is going to desolate the combat, and the response to how powerful it is.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Argonaut
@panShlyaptor
The optimal rogue multiclass is to have as many levels of rogue as possible, it's one the classes that benefits very heavily with levels alone. I am also really unhappy about hearing that multiclassing will be included despite being a return to source type of person an I am very worried about how it is going to be implemented and how it is going to desolate the combat, and the response to how powerful it is.

I liked playing multiclass Arcane Trickster\Blade Singer. And I played with person, who built fighter\ rogue. I like multiclass in d&d 5 only for choice, that it gives while creating your character. I hope, on release we will have different difficulties, so optimizers can play multiclass builds, like sorlock, sorcadin, 2 level fighter dips and other on very hard. Still, it is not MMO game, so balance is not a great issue

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard