Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Probably Drow Thief unless Monk or another class emerges that also emphasizes extra actions and reliable bonus damage. Thief to me feels incredibly fun and there's virtually never a time where I feel like I have nothing to do for my turn as a Thief. Drow mostly because it's extra dex and super darkvision (which is great for making sneak attacks).

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gaidax
Assuming no multiclass and such, very likely Wood Elf Ranger just so I could replace that obnoxious addict Astarion for lockpicks/stealth/sleight of hand proficiency. Prefer this to Rogue as a whole, I don't know if what I see in EA will survive to launch, but you can cheese so hard with ranged attacks and stealth, it's ridiculous.

That's already level 3 Ranger there.

You can basically solo entire temple courtyard like this, by the time they even spot you - you killed half of them, after that you can just run off and hide and keep at it.

And you start with all this level 1 too with Wood Elf Ranger in BG3, they give you 2 proficiencies on top.

[Linked Image]

I've also just tried this but in keeping DEX and WIS high, INT and CHA are still too low to make use of any skills related to them.

I tried to make it so that all the skills in that list were DEX and WIS ones, but there is still some overlaps like with Arcana, in that case I guess just ignore Arcana and keep Gale for that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
High Elf Wizard, ideally bladesinger, if there is no bladesinger, I'll probably go for with some fighter/eldritch knight levels mixed with pure wizard I suppose.

journeyman
journeyman
Human or Half-High Elf Paladin

veteran
veteran
Some sort of gish Is always fun. I had a Magus in Pathfinder I really really liked.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
Some sort of gish Is always fun. I had a Magus in Pathfinder I really really liked.

Gish are my favourite playstyle!

In Kingmaker, I wanted to try a pnp build I had which was an Arcane Archer, so I made the class for that game laugh (A touch of magic mod)

I really hope they add Bladesinger and Hexblade to BG3, or that modding it is reasonably doable like Kingmaker.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Human Sorcerer, since Human Wizard is Gale and Human Warlock is Wyll.

Evil always finds a way.
P
P
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Originally Posted by Postwave
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I hope we get some non PHB subclasses, especially hexblade. If nothing else, these will probably get modded in easily, as subclasses rarely require new assets.

I certainly hope that Wyll gets redone as a hexblade. Not only will it make more sense, he'll be a more useful companion character.

Not going to happen. His patron is a character in the game and part of his quest line.

Edit: that being said, Larian did see that they were looking into options to respec the companions, which doesn’t make any sense to me seeing as most of their stories are built around their class, so who knows.

I mean, technically the subclass means a shadowfell patron rather than an infernal one, but, eh... the rest makes so much more sense that I can see ignoring that yet going for the mechanics.

stranger
stranger
High Elf Paladin inspired by Tolkiens Fingolfin

Last edited by EndymionSelene; 17/10/20 02:51 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Lolth Drow Pali OR Drow Warlock having a hard time deciding.

Last edited by Mezbarrena; 17/10/20 03:33 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
White guy chad.

J/K

Probably bearded white guy because I have a beard. With long hair because I don't have as much as I used to.

EDIT: I know, I know.

Last edited by Dulany67; 17/10/20 03:22 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard