Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: Denmark
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: Denmark
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I'm surprised by how many of these are trending right now. The dice really seem like regular dice to me. If anything I think I hit too often and the enemies hit too often. Really.

This is something math nerds have been looking at forever -- you can take a gander at some of the curves:

https://anydice.com/articles/three-basic-distributions/

It's a 1 month old thread that was bumped so it's not exactly new (by BG3 EA standards)

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
The truth is the vast majority of games with a chance to hit tilt the RNG in FAVOR of the player, not against them. This is done because actual, real RNG doesn't feel "fairly random" when observed by the human mind.

Play a game with true RNG like Battle Brothers. You'll quickly learn that a 70% chance to hit doesn't mean you'll hit 70% of the time. It means each attack has a 70% chance to hit and a 30% chance to miss and it is 100% possible to miss ten times in a row. Not probable, but possible.

A common saying among the Battle Brothers community goes like this:

"What are the chances that you miss three 95% chances in a row?"

"Not 0."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5