Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 39 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39
veteran
veteran
In the books Drizzt is said to have a 'mane' of hair so messy could just be the drow way

@dwig

Yeah, that's a bad move imo. Clearly there are people at WotC -- probably those employees that came from other, failed rulesets -- that have it out for alignment. They should have made paladins Lawful Good, Blackguards evil and added things like Champion of nature to get smite equivalents for other alignments.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
There have been no screenshots in this thread for a long time.
See how graceful and proud she is

[Linked Image from static1.srcdn.com]
From this screenshot she looks a little bit like Marcos Inaros, the bad guy from the Expanse right now.

D
D
Originally Posted by Kadajko
I think we need to get back, on topic, before the mods ask us to do so, this was fun but the derail is real. lol
Yeah, off-topic is strong here. Time for me to bid farewell. smile I will just re-state my (here probably very unpopular) opinion:
  • This game absolutely does not need another romance. The existing romances need to be fixed/improved - even removing some of those in order to focus on the rest would be fine by me. Or remove ALL of them and focus on more important parts of the game (Waifu-worshippers, please don't kill me grin ). I mean, do ALL chars need to be romanceable by MC? Should they be, really? All are somehow hot singles in your area?
  • Minthara is a cool character, if there is an Absolute / actual True Soul playthrough, she would make sense as an alternative to SH (SH will attack you along with most of your companions once your allegiance is obvious or something like that)
  • No, Minthara as a party member does not imply you need to implement a romance with her beyond the scene already present. Regarding the scene (and other scenes as well): Please fix the glitches or remove it entirely (Waifu-worshippers, please don't kill me grin ).
  • Dear Larian, if you smell lots of money and decide to implement Minthara romance, please, don't give her a redemption arc or any BS like that, or "Larian's latest game Baldur's Gate 3 causes projectile vomiting in many gamers" will be an actual headline in newspaper...

Bye, everybody! See you in other threads.

Last edited by DiDiDi; 23/01/21 01:32 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
In the books Drizzt is said to have a 'mane' of hair so messy could just be the drow way

Is that before or after he became homeless after running away?

veteran
veteran
Disregard my attempts to derail the conversation further

Last edited by Sozz; 23/01/21 01:48 AM. Reason: maybe a new thread is in order
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sozz

Too late already read. :p

addict
addict
Minthara when you first meet her.
[Linked Image from c.radikal.ru]

Minthara after a successful charisma check.
[Linked Image from external-preview.redd.it]

Let it be so.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ayvah

Let it be so.

After you slaughter some children you mean?

veteran
veteran

Too late already read. :p
Curses! I'll get you next time Superman!

addict
addict

Let it be so.

After you slaughter some children you mean?
They had it coming.

Princess Minthara would never kill an innocent child. We all know they were up to something.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Come on. Show me, what hairstyle from the editor would you use for Minthara?

Something like this:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Her head btw. A bit more elegant/proud and drow-like. Though like I said, I understand why her hair is messy, when she lives in a goblin camp.

I think it makes sense for her hairstyle to change over the course of the story when she lives with us in a castle full of servants, for example. Maybe there will be new clothes too (like Shadow Heart, sooner or later she will receive the same armor as on the official art, which means that Minthara's appearance may change during the game).

It's a bad idea to just change from the start of the game.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
S
journeyman
journeyman
S

Let it be so.
cute, heh

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
There is unverified information that Minthara was voiced by the same actress who voiced the female version of Commander Shepard - Jennifer Hale
https://jenniferhale.com

She also did voice acting for Baldurs Gate back in 1998

I wrote her this question, and I will let you know if she answers and confirms the information. Although the voice is very similar

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
apprentice
apprentice
I agree that she needs a better hairstyle or a revamp later in the game. I'm assuming there's going to be a break from the companions once they reach Baldur's Gate, with practically everyone heading there for their own reasons. I'm hoping it'd give the PC a chance to explore and maybe reconnect with each NPC after some time has passed. I'm also really hoping they introduce guild storylines and that the city is at least as big as it was in BG2. I can't wait for the fights in the docks or alleys. Climbing the environment to break into houses, like a thieve's guild mission, would also be awesome. Maybe they introduce skill checks for large climbs or acrobatic stunts. I know that's Athkatla and not Baldur's Gate, but Baldur's Gate appears to be a much larger city with a much larger dock area:

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com] Baldur's Gate Map

[Linked Image from mikesrpgcenter.com] Baldur's Gate in BG1

[Linked Image from mocagh.org]Athkatla in BG2

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...solo_the_ea_version_are_there_plans_for/

That was my evil playthrough, siding with Minthara and getting the romance scene, just to be attacked right after and every goblin going hostile. Maybe I messed it up, but why let us go this far just to have them turn on us as well?

I support Minthara as a companion. I also hope they add at least a dozen more, or spread out the beginning characters more. I know it's sort of like Original Sin 2, where you can select a premade character with their own in-game story, but still. They don't even have alternate starts and it's literally walking into one right after the other in a span of 30 minutes. There are several good starting points for the initial "Origin" characters during act 1 besides piling them on the beach and nearby:

Astarion has a certain character (Gandrel) looking for him in the Fetid Bog. What if Gandrel was literally hunting him in the bog, and Astarion was either running or hunting him back? Also, what if Gandrel was another companion? He seems to have a better character made just to die after a short conversation.

Gale could pop out of any portal, so why there? I think the Blighted Village would make a little better choice. The tome is there to feed him and gives him a reason to be there (chasing after artifacts).

Lae'zel's capture seems fine, and Shadowheart, the other character you found in the start of the game, is in an ok spot. She could be moved further into the temple or really anywhere, though. She seems to have a big impact on the story, though, and is a cleric, so having her come up first isn't a bad idea.

So pretty much, you'd meet Shadowheart, then Lae'Zel, then Wyll, then Gale, and then Astarion. There's also any other companions they have in Act 1, like Minthara, Karlach, Gandrel, or Halsen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/l1nhpc/an_evil_playthrough_vs_a_good_one/

Here's a recent Reddit discussion over the evil playthrough. Most people found it lacking but enjoyed having the option. I also support having a full evil and neutral playthrough besides just several good options. Right now, the evil playthrough seems to be the worst since the Goblins and Minthara go hostile at the end, so you basically have to kill everyone. For a chaotic evil character it makes sense, but not for a lawful evil one. I wanted to see how far I could go in the Absolute cult.

I am really hoping they expand each alignment's options so any character can have a good playthrough. I'm reading reports of potentially 16 different endings, and devs saying things like "you can't see all of the content in a single playthrough." I'm just hoping they include every alignment, and not just good/neutral/evil. I would like to be able to just convince the Tieflings, even though they're in the neutral camp with the druids, to just leave chaotically and let the goblins and druids duke it out.

Last edited by rdb100; 24/01/21 09:26 AM. Reason: Added explanation
addict
addict
There is unverified information that Minthara was voiced by the same actress who voiced the female version of Commander Shepard - Jennifer Hale

I wrote her this question, and I will let you know if she answers and confirms the information. Although the voice is very similar
I don't know what's led to this connection.

I've spent a lot of time listening to Jennifer Hale's acting (I've tended to actively seek out playing as characters she portrays).

I'm not aware of her ever "putting on a voice", but even if I'm listening for that, I can't hear her in Minthara at all. I would be very surprised if she's the actor.

Originally Posted by rdb100
I'm just hoping they include every alignment, and not just good/neutral/evil.
I think they should have options appropriate for a broad range of world views. But I don't know if they need to explicitly divide choices based on alignment. However, in this case I think you could argue it'd be interesting tohave a pre-Iron Man Tony Stark style of neutrality where you "make a deal" with the goblins/Minthara without directly participating in the slaughter of the druids and then pretend you had nothing to do with it.

Of course, I can imagine it might be nice to imagine a solution where you can broker peace between druid and goblin. However, that wouldn't be "neutral". It'd just mean that helping the druids is relatively less good and brokering peace is the "real" good path.

Also, I think "lawful/chaos" choices would just be nonsense. I mean, the goblins (before The Absolute) had laws. The Absolute has laws. Lolth has laws. Whose laws are you aligned in relation to?

veteran
veteran
Minthara is not listed under Jennifer Hales work. It would have surprised me Tbh, Minthara sounds nothing like Hale. Hale did voice two BG characters, I did like though: Dynaheir and Mazzy.

Last edited by fylimar; 24/01/21 03:46 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

I don't know what's led to this connection.

I've spent a lot of time listening to Jennifer Hale's acting (I've tended to actively seek out playing as characters she portrays).

I'm not aware of her ever "putting on a voice", but even if I'm listening for that, I can't hear her in Minthara at all. I would be very surprised if she's the actor.

I wrote in Google "Minthara Baldurs Gate voice actor" and Google told me this

[Linked Image from d.radikal.ru]

veteran
veteran
This is a large part of the reservations I have about whether or not Minthara will be a bigger player in the story, the hoops you have to jump through to even have her be alive at the end of Act 1 are significant.

You have to both choose the path of most resistance in siding with the goblins, you have to not rebuff her advances, then after that you have to succeed one or two persuasion rolls in order for her to not stab you in the back after.
In a list of characters that players a likely to never have more than one dialogue with, expecting Minthara to get a really fleshed out role in the story probably ranks as low as a Kisame Hoshigaki gaiden.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
This is a large part of the reservations I have about whether or not Minthara will be a bigger player in the story, the hoops you have to jump through to even have her be alive at the end of Act 1 are significant.

You have to both choose the path of most resistance in siding with the goblins, you have to not rebuff her advances, then after that you have to succeed one or two persuasion rolls in order for her to not stab you in the back after.
In a list of characters that players a likely to never have more than one dialogue with, expecting Minthara to get a really fleshed out role in the story probably ranks as low as a Kisame Hoshigaki gaiden.

At least 25% of players, even in a crude, unfinished version, where there is no motivation to take the path of evil, chose this root and slept with Minthara. This amount will be higher in the release. Plus there is an option that she can stay alive and in a good passage, many asked about this.

If it was about 1-5% it would be a different story, but Minthara is quite popular

veteran
veteran
EA numbers aren't indicative of much, we're supposed to be stress testing everything given us. The real question is how many people did it on their first run, with the understanding that not many people replay games, even RPGs.

Page 17 of 39 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard