Next Thread
Print Thread
#698202 15/10/20 12:15 AM
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
So. Steam has been trying to apply this update for half the day now and sticks at 91% forcing a pause. When I click "resume" it again stalls out at 91%. Tried logging off, refreshing steam, etc... no dice. What's going on here? I'm seeing multiple threads regarding this issue. [img]https://imgur.com/a/6RpFPvH[/img]

stranger
stranger
I had this issue as well but it appears it is using One-Drive for temp storage/ file sharing, Clean out your One-Drive, that's what did the trick for me

stranger
stranger
It's not just One-Drive.
If you hover over the UNSUPPORTED FILE SYSTEM message, mine says E:/SteamLibrary\SteamApps\downloading\1234567\Data\Localization\Voice.pak
My E: drive is a USB drive that I use for some of my barely used games. It's not where BG3 is installed and it's not the correct format.
So for some reason it wants to save the voice.pak there.

stranger
stranger
I'm experiencing an issue with the update via Steam as well. OneDrive is unlinked and not running. I don't have an "unsupported file system message." The download appears to be done (538.9 MB / 538.9 MB), but it's still writing to disk, and Steam estimates about 1 hour 31 minutes until completion. I've read about (but not experienced) Steam issues on the day of release. I think Steam's infrastructure is having trouble dealing with the huge demand for the update all at once. Hopefully they can learn something from this and improve things for next time.

Edit: It took the full two hours, but my game finally updated.

Last edited by Psion; 15/10/20 09:12 AM.
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
For mine,,, it turned out that the patch was monstrous and required more drive space. I finally, painfully... uninstalled Fallout IV after all these years. That seems to have fixed the updating problem.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by TrollishMcTroll
For mine,,, it turned out that the patch was monstrous and required more drive space. I finally, painfully... uninstalled Fallout IV after all these years. That seems to have fixed the updating problem.

Same, the update originally was 1,8GB but it ended up using more than 70GB but steam said it only downloaded 19,5GB
Uninstalled the game and made three attempts at downloading and installing again, all stopping at around 55/59GB
On the last attempt, when the download paused due to lack of disk space, I restarted my PC and that magically freed up 70+GB and the last game data could be downloaded and installed.

So thats my fix for now. Wait for DL to pause, then restart and continue. Hopefully won't have to uninstall and reinstall the whole game every update.

stranger
stranger
For me I uninstalled and reinstalled. Hope this gets fixed.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Psion
I'm experiencing an issue with the update via Steam as well. OneDrive is unlinked and not running. I don't have an "unsupported file system message." The download appears to be done (538.9 MB / 538.9 MB), but it's still writing to disk, and Steam estimates about 1 hour 31 minutes until completion. I've read about (but not experienced) Steam issues on the day of release. I think Steam's infrastructure is having trouble dealing with the huge demand for the update all at once. Hopefully they can learn something from this and improve things for next time.

Edit: It took the full two hours, but my game finally updated.

At least you only have to wait an hour and 31 minutes. Mine was estimating that it would take 1 or 2 days.

stranger
stranger
The problem still exists with the new update.
Please look into this Larian, as I don't mind deleting and restarting during beta, but will not accept this in the release.

stranger
stranger
Again. New patch. Same problem.
Unsupported File System for voice.pak
The game runs fine if I delete and install it, but does not update. Hasn't updated yet for any of the updates.
Please look into this.
I'm helping you test this. At least acknowledge it's a bug.

stranger
stranger
AGAIN!
Again. New patch. Same problem.
Unsupported File System for voice.pak
The game runs fine if I delete and install it, but does not update. Hasn't updated yet for any of the updates.
Please look into this.
I'm helping you test this. At least acknowledge it's a bug.

stranger
stranger
New Patch. Same Bug.
Is there any acknowledgement that this is an issue?

Link Copied to Clipboard