Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#698328 15/10/20 01:22 AM
Deventh Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I have a question if anyone can answer. The new 500 mb patch, do I need to have 85 gb of free space for it? Because I have 30 gb and Steam says I don't have enough free disc space to install the update. The game is already installed and I've played before, but now it doesn't want to install the 500 mb patch. I just want to know if the issue is from me or what is happening?

old hand
old hand
Same issue. I have more than enough free space but Steam is telling me I don't. Even deleted a couple of games and restarted the download, still says not enough free space.

stranger
stranger
Check your one-drive space, that did the trick for me

Deventh Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Loki Gromril
Check your one-drive space, that did the trick for me

I am not using one drive.

The issue is still here today.

Deventh Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Zarna
Same issue. I have more than enough free space but Steam is telling me I don't. Even deleted a couple of games and restarted the download, still says not enough free space.

I think you need the same amount of space that the game is currently taking, which is roughly 85-86 gb. But I can't really afford that much space, so can we get a fix over this? I don't mind if the game slowly moves towards 150 gb but right now it wants 170gb+ out of nowhere and I am sure patches will get bigger in time so I will need 300 gb after a while? Please fix this issue. I can't play the game at all.

stranger
stranger
check for corruption notifications on whatever your using for storage of these files

stranger
stranger
that 500 mb update turned into 56 gb and had aa bunch of weird connection issues. my internet is sold af but look what it was saying.

https://ibb.co/S7Dsnhb

Deventh Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Loki Gromril
check for corruption notifications on whatever your using for storage of these files

I did, my friend. I checked the game for corrupted files, I deleted downloaded steam files, I started steam as administrator, I rechecked Steam library etc.

I did all the steps I could find online. Nothing worked.

Deventh Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by ChillWiII
that 500 mb update turned into 56 gb and had aa bunch of weird connection issues. my internet is sold af but look what it was saying.

https://ibb.co/S7Dsnhb

Oh lol! It will be ready by the time the game comes out of EA I guess xD

N
stranger
stranger
N
I was having this issue as well, uninstalling and fresh download fixed the problem for me.

Deventh Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by NeoJerod
I was having this issue as well, uninstalling and fresh download fixed the problem for me.

Are we going to have to do that every time a patch comes? Doesn't seem like the best solution.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Deventh
I have a question if anyone can answer. The new 500 mb patch, do I need to have 85 gb of free space for it? Because I have 30 gb and Steam says I don't have enough free disc space to install the update. The game is already installed and I've played before, but now it doesn't want to install the 500 mb patch. I just want to know if the issue is from me or what is happening?

Same issue, I solved it by restarting my PC when steam paused the download. That magically freed up 70+GB of space and the missing 5GB (from complete uninstall/reinstall) could be downloaded and installed. Game worked after that with saves and all. Only today it is completely fudged and I can't do anything in game. Taskmanager shows that the game is running, then goes unresponsive, then runs, then unresponsive. /sad

W
stranger
stranger
W
Having the same issue, except I finished the download then steam said it would take over a year to install the patch. Restarted steam and now it's downloading 55gb of patch?? making the game over 120gb on my disk...

Deventh Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I cleaned up 80 gb from my hard drive to install the patch, the patch started to install and now it's trying to install a 1.8 gb patch instead and it got stuck at 1.5/1.8 gb and now I can't do anything.

D
D
Yeah I gave up on the update, just uninstalled and reinstalled. It failed after it ate about 80 gigs of space and I ran out. Hopefully this won't be a regular thing.

Deventh Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
After 18+ hours I was able to install the 500 mb patch. This is ridiculous, Larian. I hope this is not the case for next patches because it will just turn off a lot of people from even attempting to test new patches until a stable version comes out.

Last edited by Deventh; 15/10/20 07:54 PM.
old hand
old hand
I didn't have that kind of patience. I reinstalled instead, took way less time and had no issues.

stranger
stranger
yo not gonna lie im blaming stadia for these problems with stability. stadia is nothing but problems.

Link Copied to Clipboard