Here's a list of things I've felt were a little abrasive about the game so far, including glitches, suggestions for quality of life improvements, or things that seemed particularly baffling at first. I'd love to know if anyone else has experienced any of these issues, have different ideas as to how these things should work, or have more quality of life suggestions so please share!
1. I can see where there would be times it makes sense thematically that it would be hard to cast "Friends," but it can be frustrating to use. Either increasing the range of the friends spell slightly, prevent dialogue from triggering while it's queued, or allowing it to be cast during dialogue would improve its functionality a lot.
2. I'm having a hard time putting an item into mage hand's inventory to throw, and I would enjoy if it could interact with more items, like opening containers or pulling levers.
3. How does combining work? Besides the owlbear's spear, I haven't made anything, and I don't know what anvils or workbenches do or how. Maybe there was a tutorial somewhere, but if so I missed it.
4. Hopefully an exclusive feature is coming for old one warlocks? The unique spells are cool, but without dark ones blessing, they just seem worse than the fiend.
5. Do acid and brine pools last *forever?* because while I can appreciate exploiting that mechanic, I did get downed on brine once and couldn't find a way to get off alive.
6. Chicken chasing was a little confusing. Without talking to the cub and rolling well, steering it is very finicky. Anyone figure out any tricks to do it?
7. I'd love a little game glossary somewhere that describes things like status effects (like what does infected do?)
8. I like minor illusion letting me pull enemies around, but it is not intuitive to figure out how it's used. It seems to be useless once in combat.
9. It's a bummer there is no +2 wisdom race. Maybe an item early on that adds 1 or 2 wisdom could make up for it some?
10. Are my characters actually getting exhaustion when they ask for a rest? Because I don't see a status effect anywhere...
Despite being early-access this game is fantastic and I've been playing like an addict! Keep up the phenomenal work!
Glitches I've experienced:
1. The druid's crown mostly fuses with my tiefling's head. It looks like he has a pimple because one berry sticks out.
2. I can't seem to upcast shadowheart's level 1 spells.
3. Leveling up while in a shopping menu causes some weird display overlaps.
4. Something about the skeleton NPC makes my game lag. Maybe that's just on my end, though.
Last edited by Hollowin; 15/10/20 01:32 AM.