Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#698370 15/10/20 01:57 AM
Waltc Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
...is now giving me a 57GB download. I see no notes on this new patch...? Find that a bit odd...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Waltc #698393 15/10/20 02:10 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Yeah I just got it too, no notes.

Waltc #698397 15/10/20 02:11 AM
veteran
veteran
Patch #1 just went back online, they unpatched when it was causing problems with old saves.

Sozz #698411 15/10/20 02:19 AM
Waltc Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sozz
Patch #1 just went back online, they unpatched when it was causing problems with old saves.

Patch #1 was only ~800MBs (or maybe less, can't recall)...this is the entire game reinstalling. So you're saying that because Patch #1 interfered with some people's old saves (didn't bother mine) that reinstalling the entire game is merely to...what...?...Exactly...;) This is *not* Patch #1--it's a reinstallation of the entire game.

Steam is getting something different, it appears--something much smaller. I'm still confused on this...There is nothing here on the Larian site about it atm.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Waltc #698424 15/10/20 02:29 AM
veteran
veteran
Patch #1 was a bit larger for me, both times it installed, you might be confusing it with Hotfix 3 which didn't hit GOG until pretty late I think

Waltc #698430 15/10/20 02:32 AM
R
R
Yes to apply the 500mb patch we need essentially a second copy of this game, about 160GB of space essentially. I have a 250GB SSD as my only SSD i installed this on that for performance, i had to remove stuff from my core windows install to be able to get this patch to apply...this is happening on Steam and GOG.

Waltc Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Relampago
Yes to apply the 500mb patch we need essentially a second copy of this game, about 160GB of space essentially. I have a 250GB SSD as my only SSD i installed this on that for performance, i had to remove stuff from my core windows install to be able to get this patch to apply...this is happening on Steam and GOG.

Thanks for the explanation...just seems a bit strange...so this is merely a consolidation patch incorporating the previous patches into a new 57 GB copy of the game then. The original patches did not require this, though...

Yes--just checked and although I am only 22GBs into the second installation of the game, the folder reads 156GBs...and climbing, of course...! Thanks again for the info...;) I'm actually running the game on a 7200 rpm HDD and I see nothing objectionable about load times except at the very beginning...after that they are very fast even from an HDD--My NVMe is 250GBs as well, but only used for boot drive & utilities.

Thanks again!

Waltc #698603 15/10/20 04:12 AM
R
R
Glad you were able to work it out, i hope Larian finds better ways to do this in the future.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard