Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#698814 15/10/20 06:40 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hey all, lovin the game! But I'm totally lost with the religions and lore, would anyone know of good concise places to get the info I need?

People talkin about lolth and shar and avernus and I'm not sure how to react in game ya know

Tuuch! Tuuch! Tuuch!
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by struggler_guts
Hey all, lovin the game! But I'm totally lost with the religions and lore, would anyone know of good concise places to get the info I need?

People talkin about lolth and shar and avernus and I'm not sure how to react in game ya know

This may be more information than you need or want, but this is a good resource for gods of the Forgotten Realms.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Deities

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks! I'm new to BG and DnD so I had no idea where to look :P

Tuuch! Tuuch! Tuuch!
stranger
stranger
All good! We all know what it's like to be new to something, and D&D has a rich lore that has been developed over several decades. Easy to get overwhelmed. Enjoy your time in game!

veteran
veteran
This is sort of a problem both here and in the og BG. It's a potential problem, but not necessarily. The gist of it is that the game doesn't explore it's lore too much and is very cheap on exposition. It is great for those who are familiar with forgotten realms, but kinda confusing for newcomers. I found that the way the world works (with the planes and shit) to be very confusing in Baldur's Gate. I also was a bit confused about the roles of organisations such as the Harpers. I don't know how to sufficiently solve this without hurting immersion or giving you tons to read. But based on the way they handled lore in the divinity games, I'm not holding my breath for Larian to solve it

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

Link Copied to Clipboard