Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi.

I know that lot of players are really like those rolls, when you click the die and waiting couple of seconds to see the result. But to me it's immersion breaking feature. For some reason, the game keeps telling me "see, this is dnd 5e. not just crpg - dnd 5e. you have to roll d20, cuz it's dnd 5e. roll. dnd. roll!". I don't want that, so i'd appreciate having an option to disable those visualisations.
So the suggestion is to add an option in "gameplay" section to disable rolls visuals (including critical hit special effects).
And another option to hide failed insight/perception rolls (even from game log). If i missed something - i usually don't know that.
Why i'm asking for this: I like to play my game without being notified that this is just a game all the time.

Second suggestion is to add an option (or separate game mode perhaps, that cannot be changed mid-game), where all out-of-combat rolls replaced with simple skill checks (like if you have less than 5 persuasion bonus, you cannot select that phrase, but if you have 5 or more - you automatically succeed).
Why i'm asking for this: Currently, i can use persuasion even with 8 cha and no proficiency. And, using supernatural power of saves, i will succeed at that eventually. On other hand, i can fail perception check disregarding of my 16 wis and perception proficiency. It makes choices on how to develop my character insignificant or much less significant than luck.

stranger
stranger
I agree, as much as I like the hints it lends itself to the weird situation where you keep wondering "what if i succeeded in this check" so you basically save-scum to find out. This left a bit of a sour aftertaste for me - in a DnD campaign the GM can turn failed skill-checks more interesting - here it's more like "bleh, but i really wanted to do that - time to reload".

IMHO a nice way would be to have an option that hides all skill-checks as well as a "special" option that lets you pass all dialogue-triggered skill-checks (maybe after you have completed the game once).

P
stranger
stranger
P
I really want to see my dice rolls in combat. the text bar on the bottom right side is an eye sore and you have to hover all over to find things. Just make a small animation when you attack of your dice roll similar to how the passive checks work. in the text box you can see the modifiers.

stranger
stranger
I don't mind the dice rolls in conversation and haven't been save-scumming to get successes, but I still really hope that they see this post and consider it. Sounds like a great idea and a more immersive experience.

Link Copied to Clipboard