Next Thread
Print Thread
#699286 15/10/20 12:51 PM
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Just have a vendor near the start of the game sell all the base weapons, 100% of the time. They don't need to be +1, or anything like that, just let people buy the weapons they want to use without relying on rng. Every D&D crpg and/or console rpg has had this feature.

You mean the druid grove?

N
stranger
stranger
N
I think perhaps... he didn't wait the 5 mins into the game to find the Druid grove.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Seller at the Druid Grover don't have all basic weapons all the time though.
Which is annoying when you want a certain weapon and he doesn't stock it at that moment.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Aurgelmir
Seller at the Druid Grover don't have all basic weapons all the time though.
Which is annoying when you want a certain weapon and he doesn't stock it at that moment.

Yes.. I get the desire to have a weapon, like a hand crossbow or sling and none have dropped in the game yet.. level 3.. So.. Maybe update our cute lil merchant in the druid grove to include common melee/ranged weapons.. especially since we are leveling our companions and some have options to choose which melee weapons to focus on.. and we haven't seen some of these yet.. I have played long enough to know what is what.. but a newbie might fall into Baldur's Gate.. We want all our newbies to have a good experience and get hooked like the rest of us did in the 90's.. <PS No, Baldur's Gate was not newbie friendly, it was Hard, and I rolled several characters to get past the first areas.. who knew a mage with 7 hps would die easily to a passing bear, ROFL>

xMardeRx #701271 16/10/20 05:59 AM
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by xMardeRx
You mean the druid grove?

The Druid grove doesn't have all the weapons available. You have to rely on RNG for the vendor to spawn with the base weapon that you want to use.

Link Copied to Clipboard