Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SunTzu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
It would encourage people to not peek into the nextroom to check for enemies all the time and actually get immersed in the environment.

veteran
veteran
They would have to change it off every time there was a battle, though.

S
SunTzu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
We already transition camera for every single conversation. There is no big deal besides it's OPTIONAL.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I dunno about third person view, but in general I wish I had more control over the viewing angle of the camera. There's a lot more verticality in this game than there is in a lot of previous CRPGs, if there's not much verticality, or if the verticality has been effectively 'flattened', then viewing angles for cameras don't really mean much, but with how 3d the environment in this game is, it would be great to be able to lift the viewing angle up to look around at the environment more.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Totally agree. I would love a bit more control over X, Y, and Z. I get so frustrated when trying to figure out whether my view is obstructed or if I have a good angle in combat because the camera doesn't allow me to really look up.

Originally Posted by BadgerMan
I dunno about third person view, but in general I wish I had more control over the viewing angle of the camera. There's a lot more verticality in this game than there is in a lot of previous CRPGs, if there's not much verticality, or if the verticality has been effectively 'flattened', then viewing angles for cameras don't really mean much, but with how 3d the environment in this game is, it would be great to be able to lift the viewing angle up to look around at the environment more.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Yeah current camera functionality is pretty bad. Needs to be improved to be sure.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
They would have to change it off every time there was a battle, though.

That's fine and how DA:O worked between travel and tactical. You are basically changing camera pov and then control rule toggles for each. I wanted this on DOS, but this game is closer than ever.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 16/10/20 03:14 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
I would love this - with a toggle between 3rd person and tactical during combat.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by BadgerMan

This would be great. I just want to pan the camera up like a normal person tilting their head. So many good vantage points in this game that I would never have discovered if it wasn't for my spider being able to jump really high. As for third person camera, more options are always good.

veteran
veteran
Look no further than Dragon Age Origins camera

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

Link Copied to Clipboard