Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
"The Kid" who is rumoured to be the Bhaalspawn's child (although there is concrete evidence)

Please no. Especially if they're the child of *shudder* Abdel Adrian.
Whoops, I meant NO concrete evidence.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The only thing that bothers me is Helia. People keep saying it's a place holder, but I don't think it is. I think people automatically just can't believe how off putting it is to have a granny companion and taking a dump on romance options for dudes and she is rummored to be a bard too.

Besides new dialogue and barbarians, its the only thing i'm waiting for official footage of in action of because that's crazy.

addict
addict
Not going to read 12 pages but can someone tell me if anyone in the thread has been sad that it doesn't look look like their particular horny fantasies are going to be catered to? Thanks in advance.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Keep it friendly now.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
"The Kid" who is rumoured to be the Bhaalspawn's child (although there is concrete evidence)

Please no. Especially if they're the child of *shudder* Abdel Adrian.

It'd be kinda cool if there was some descendant of Charname, and they made them completely customizable. There's already the dream thing anyway and i seem to remember companions in DoS:2 being customizable too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
maybe "the kid" will be the one you dream of?

veteran
veteran
A little pedophilic

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BladeDancer

Correction: 1488 DR!

My bad!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Innateagle
It'd be kinda cool if there was some descendant of Charname, and they made them completely customizable.

That would be better, but I'd like it if Larian stayed away as much as possible from canonizing things about CHARNAME, including potential offspring. The more they define, they more my character becomes their character, and I'll always prefer my version.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Innateagle
It'd be kinda cool if there was some descendant of Charname, and they made them completely customizable.

That would be better, but I'd like it if Larian stayed away as much as possible from canonizing things about CHARNAME, including potential offspring. The more they define, they more my character becomes their character, and I'll always prefer my version.

Technically, Abdel Adrian is current canon

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Technically, Abdel Adrian is current canon.

La la la! Can't hear you!

Oh, and Bhaal is totally still dead, and my CHARNAME is chilling with his power as the new god of... something. Is there an ice cream domain?

Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Technically, Abdel Adrian is current canon.

La la la! Can't hear you!

Oh, and Bhaal is totally still dead, and my CHARNAME is chilling with his power as the new god of... something. Is there an ice cream domain?

Whoa, chill!

I hate to break it to you, but Bhaal is canonically back because a certain child of Bhaal who survived the events of Throne of Bhaal and Abdel fought each other. Oh, and whether you argue Abdel was the canon identity of the game protagonist or not (I ARGUE IT IS NOT), it is canon that the game protagonist never ascended to godhood, because WotC has strict rules for D&D authors and game developers to follow: The characters from the novels and games are not allowed to make extreme changes in the Forgotten Realms, especially in the pantheon of Faerunian gods. If your version of Gorion's Ward was evil aligned, it's best that he/she didn't become a god and take the Lord of Murder title from Cyric, because he still had that title 15 years after Throne of Bhaal when he and Shar caused the Spellplague.

Oh, and the reason why I argue that Abdel is a different character from the game protagonist is because of the way Siege of Dragonspear ended. The people of Baldur's Gate would NEVER see Abdel as a hero, OR elect him as a Grand Duke during Murder in Baldur's Gate after figuring out he is a Bhaalspawn, and after accusing him of a murder he never committed, forcing him to leave Baldur's Gate like the Shadows of Amn intro cutscene hinted at. My point is Abdel is a false hero. Throughout the Baldur's Gate games, the game protagonist becomes a disgraced hero in the eyes of Baldur's Gate and the city Saradush. The authorities of Baldur's Gate appointed Abdel as the hero who killed Sarevok even if he was never involved in fighting the Iron Throne. That can happen, you know, the real hero being erased from the history books to be replaced by some other guy. Not all heroes get the fame and recognition they deserve.

Last edited by BladeDancer; 21/11/20 03:24 AM.
old hand
old hand
Whoa, chill!

I've created the first god of ice cream. How can I get more chill than that?

Whoa, chill!

Good point.

veteran
veteran
Whoa, chill!

You've won the thread.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Whoa, chill!

You've won the thread.

Cool. Tops it with hot fudge.

veteran
veteran
I did not read everything above, so just my 2 cents:

- I met Karlach and from her dialogue it looks like she really is a companion.
If you do not speak with the dead you do not know the paladins work for an archdevil, so there is a good chance players kill her without ever knowing she could be a companion.
Well, she is less hidden then Nordom from PST for example. ( did anyone find him without a guide ? )

- Any idea why Minsc is still alive after 100 years? He is human and no archmage or another big power that can axtend his life.
Don´t tell me he has a toadpole too, there is no brain to be eaten ;-)

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Madscientist
- Any idea why Minsc is still alive after 100 years? He is human and no archmage or another big power that can axtend his life.

The story so far is
that he has been turned to stone. During the game (or just before?), he gets returned to flesh.

Boo's fate is so far unconfirmed, but there would be a riot were he not to appear.

Last edited by Sadurian; 22/11/20 04:12 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Madscientist

The story so far is
that he has been turned to stone. During the game (or just before?), he gets returned to flesh.

Boo's fate is so far unconfirmed, but there would be a riot were he not to appear.

In the comic book, when Minsc gets un-petrified, Boo is there, and lets's just say he still GO FOR THE EYES!!! Litterally...

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Sorry if this has been previously answered - but what about the other long-lived characters from the previous BG games?

Any word on Viconia, Aerie, Jaheira?

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard