Print Thread
#699838 15/10/20 04:47 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hello,

Loving the game so far. Two suggestions for dialogue trees that i think would be great quality of life and story telling improvments.

1. Allow me to cast cantrips in dialogue. There are a few cantrips that i would love to have available to cast once dialogue has started (sometimes you get surprised by dialogue and the short active time for cantrips means it's mechanically uninteresting and a chore for me to have them "up" all the time. I'd love for my teifling to either automatically benefit from Thaumaturgy or to be able to cast it when conversation starts. Guidance would be another great example. If I had the option to apply guidance before a roll and maybe that was limited to once in a conversation tree that would be a fun way to include the mechanic.

2. It would be nice to be able to swap in speakers in a conversation. If I start dialogue with Gale, but the conversation goes south and I want to switch from a diplomatic to a intimidation tact it would be great to be able to swap in another character to take over the conversation. We see this all the time in table games and it would feel much more like working with a party rather than a single or preferred protagonist.

Thanks!

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I agree on the second point. One of the play advantages in Pathfinder: Kingmaker it it would automatically insert the character with the best stat for a particular dialog skill roll. For BG3 I would like to change the speaker but not be prompted as to which has the best chance.

veteran
veteran
1. Was allready promissed by Swen himself in some interview.

2. Is quite required by many people, so i presume they are aware.
Personaly i would more like to have conversation allways focused on main character, with option to let other characters react instead of him, but i gues that is just matter of taste. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
D
D
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Personaly i would more like to have conversation allways focused on main character, with option to let other characters react instead of him, but i gues that is just matter of taste. smile
Yeah, the ability to use any char and respond in ways that char would never do (aka promising to help as Astarion) - also avoiding disapproval - breaks immersion a lot. I would love this system.

Last edited by DiDiDi; 23/01/21 08:23 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard