Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Aug 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Aug 2020
Just give me Angelina Jolie looking face, pretty please so I can die happy.

But speaking of facial structure, I did notice that a lot of female heads have pretty small eyes. Like why? When I take my glasses off, my eyes are way larger than any of the BG3 presets. They all legit look like me with glasses on (talking about the eyes, not faces).

Last edited by Nicottia; 15/10/20 09:55 PM.
Joined: May 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: May 2020
If that's your example of a masculine looking woman, I'm with it.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Oh christ, here we go. Not another one of these guys.

Joined: Jan 2011
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jan 2011
I'm with the following comments:

"I hadn't noticed, and the provided image didn't sway me."
"If that's your example of a masculine looking woman, I'm with it."
"Oh christ, here we go. Not another one of these guys."

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
I don't think girls look too masculine at all.

Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
I'm with the following comments:

"I hadn't noticed, and the provided image didn't sway me."
"If that's your example of a masculine looking woman, I'm with it."
"Oh christ, here we go. Not another one of these guys."


+1

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Denzla
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
I'm with the following comments:

"I hadn't noticed, and the provided image didn't sway me."
"If that's your example of a masculine looking woman, I'm with it."
"Oh christ, here we go. Not another one of these guys."


+1

+2


There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed.
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost
Originally Posted by dreambled
I don't recall seeing any masculine looking ladies in the character creation.


Look at the bone structure...


[Linked Image]

The heavily pronounced zygomatic bone is a defining masculine feature. Yes, women have it too but not like this. This is just one example.






I don't see anything masculine about her. If anything she looks feminine to me. Take a look at the actress Olivia Wilde who has a very square jawline but still looks feminine. Maybe you have a different taste in women assuming you are a male.

Joined: Aug 2016
member
Offline
member
Joined: Aug 2016
Dude come on, you can't really think the woman in the picture you provided looks masculine. No way.

Joined: Oct 2020
S
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Boney is the word I'd choose, they have very chiseled facial features which is fine but I'd like more than the 1-2 (depending on race) good choices for building a thot.

Last edited by Sunfly; 16/10/20 01:27 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Kaspr
Yes they are too masculine, not all women have defined jawlines. Some elves look like transgender humans with elf ears. I'd prefer more feminine versions. But, that is no problem if they let us mod the faces. Extract the face meshes, sculpt non-destructive (preserve the indexes) in i.e. Blender and update the vertices with new coordinates. I did that in skyrim.


Or alternatively just give us sliders...?

Joined: Oct 2020
L
member
Offline
member
L
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
I'm with the following comments:

"I hadn't noticed, and the provided image didn't sway me."
"If that's your example of a masculine looking woman, I'm with it."
"Oh christ, here we go. Not another one of these guys."
Yes, all this.

That said, all the Caucasian female heads do have a sort of chiseled Northern European look to them. I wouldn't say they look masculine, but some with narrower jawlines, softer features, and larger eyes would be nice. Also, some with a more Mediterranean or Middle Eastern look would be nice.

In other words, more variety and just more in general would be good.

Joined: Mar 2020
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Mar 2020
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost
Originally Posted by Kaspr
Yes they are too masculine, not all women have defined jawlines. Some elves look like transgender humans with elf ears. I'd prefer more feminine versions. But, that is no problem if they let us mod the faces. Extract the face meshes, sculpt non-destructive (preserve the indexes) in i.e. Blender and update the vertices with new coordinates. I did that in skyrim.


Or alternatively just give us sliders...?


I wonder why they don't use sliders. Speaking from experience, it's not hard to implement this and doesn't take much time either. Maybe they use unique meshes for each head, that would be a problem.

Joined: Oct 2020
L
member
Offline
member
L
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Kaspr
Maybe they use unique meshes for each head, that would be a problem.
The heads are all 3D scans. Not sure if all the vertices would be analogous even if each mesh had the same vertex count. I assume there must be some way to do that, but that it would have had to have been planned from the beginning.

Joined: Jul 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jul 2020
You can't say they are "ugly" or "masculine" or anything subjective like that.

What you can say is that you don't like them, they seem to YOU, too masculine or ugly or anything. And you can be right, nobody can decide what should you like. Don't wake up the realistic look enforcer pitchfork crowd smile

As for the game, adding even more variety and sliders to adjust every detail, or open it to modding is the way to go, if they want to please as many as possible.

There are absolute no reasons to keep things as they are. It's not like we are in a re-educating institute here and we need to change our tastes.
These faces aren't Elder Scrolls Online level ugly, that's sure, but they aren't Black Desert Online or Final Fantasy XIV level pretty either. Many western games are notorious in creating ugly faces and ugly bodies, while Koreans & Japanese artists can create amazing beauties and even more amazing animations which can convey deep emotions, but then fall short at gameplay part. There are exceptions, but usually that's west vs. east.

Dragon Age Origins had quite pretty face options to pick, as well less beauty ones, for those who want that way, while Dragon Age Inquisition had just bad options IMO, compared to what I could have in DAO. No DnD type of game had ever any good looks, but they usually have very poor graphics, no wonder Baldur's Gate 3 is first of it's kind. Or at least could be, because it's not there yet. These aren't the most beautiful faces ever created, and won't ever be if we are content with what we get.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Giver us sliders, that way this argument dies.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Is this a man or woman, just looking at the head?

[Linked Image]

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
She is an elf, elves are supposed to be chiseled. There are entire two large threads about how they are not chiseled enough.

Originally Posted by LoneSky
You can't say they are "ugly" or "masculine" or anything subjective like that.

What you can say is that you don't like them, they seem to YOU, too masculine or ugly or anything. And you can be right, nobody can decide what should you like. Don't wake up the realistic look enforcer pitchfork crowd smile

As for the game, adding even more variety and sliders to adjust every detail, or open it to modding is the way to go, if they want to please as many as possible.

There are absolute no reasons to keep things as they are. It's not like we are in a re-educating institute here and we need to change our tastes.
These faces aren't Elder Scrolls Online level ugly, that's sure, but they aren't Black Desert Online or Final Fantasy XIV level pretty either. Many western games are notorious in creating ugly faces and ugly bodies, while Koreans & Japanese artists can create amazing beauties and even more amazing animations which can convey deep emotions



Exactly, this is entirely subjective opinion. To me FFXIV and BDO faces look like plastic dolls that convey zero emotion and all look the same. I am ecstatic to get faces that actually look like real people.

Last edited by Arideya; 16/10/20 06:05 PM.

There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed.
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
they look like females. I looked at a bunch of options, and they seemed very female in shape

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Arideya
She is an elf, elves are supposed to be chiseled. There are entire two large threads about how they are not chiseled enough.


Yeah, don't judge drow by human standards. They are a whole different creature entire. My gut feeling as a long time d&d player is that they got looks and feels quite right for minthara. She feels drow.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5