Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Renaire Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Okay so, when you get to the goblin camp and talk for the first time with priestess Gut/ Minthara/ Ragzlin, Wyll will always say something along the lines of 'it's one of the goblin leaders kill them' or 'you can't let her find out where the grove is' -this one to Minthara in particular.
And ...how come the goblin leaders aren't.. suspicious of this? Especially Minthara? Why does she ignore this statement that clearly implies that your or your comp know something about the grove and doesn't interogate you right away? She just brushes it off? Like wow girl..no wonder you had no luck finding the druid grove.

AND why is Wyll so... unsubtle about it? Why not use..telepathy.. or ..whisper to you? Talk in a secluded spot? idk?
I get that he's the Blade of Frontiers and is on a mission to kill the goblins but like.. could he try to not give us away in the first 5 seconds of dialogue?

T
addict
addict
T
This is a common conceit in video games, the companion is basically given you some discrete advice/direction but the animation engine doesn't have the tools to adequately show a conspiratorial whisper here and there.

Actually, come to think of it, this is a conceit that has been in stage plays for centuries as well. In stage plays it's due to the limited space of the stage and the necessity for the audience to hear the discrete conversation. In this case, it is because of limits of the engine.

Renaire Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I generally do not care much about these things, but it's the Minthara dialogue that gets me.
She knows that Wyll talked, she then proceeds to say 'enough you will only talk to me'. And your character &Wyll are standing very close to her too, so you can't even claim it was a subtle whisper.

I realize i'm being ultra nitpicky here, but it's just a bit ..dumb.. the way that one converstaion with Minthara goes.

T
addict
addict
T
She knows you're talking, she doesn't necessarily what words are said.

Link Copied to Clipboard