Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
When we sell, and we go to the general inventory tab, we need to move each and every item by hand to fill the holes in between items in our inv. A new UI element (button) that would condense all of the items close together, to the top of the general inventory screen so that they aren't all over the place in inventory, would be most welcome.

L
stranger
stranger
L
This is one of those real quality-of-life improvements that I'm frankly surprised the game doesn't have. BG2 might have driven me slightly mad with stacking things but we have got used to a better quality of life!

L
addict
addict
L
You can use the sort button to achieve this, although it takes a little longer than a dedicated button would. Would be even better if you could sort items into scroll cases, jewellery pouches etc

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
In addition to sorting and filtering inventory, I may suggest adding the option to separate the inventory into multiple "bags" spaces, where we can select the category(ies) of items of wich we want to automatically store into.

For example, the 3 first rows may be allocated to potions, while the another 3 may receive weapons and armors, and so on (up to the player choice, allowing multiple categories to auto-store in each bag).
Of course bags will auto-expand when needed.

When picking up items, they will automatically fill the first inventory slot in allocated bags, creating nice visual separations and easy to review, without relying on filtering or a not so smart auto-sorting.

I think about the system of Warhammer Online backpack (auto-sorting was unfortunately not functional here, but it's the idea, with right golden pips used to select categories) :
[Linked Image]

This way you will not have to use additional bags or pouches, but they could still be usefull especially if we are able to 1.name them and 2.use the same auto-storing function on them (optionnaly of course).

For instance, we could have one pouch to auto-store keys, documents, non-magical jewelry, etc. without having to move each and every item we find.

Last edited by FenrisC; 16/10/20 11:47 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
edit: @FenrisC

I'm confused because the game gives you those filters already. I can either display all or decide to only see gear, potions, books etc.
How does the allocated bag idea improve what is already there? I don't mean to talk down your idea, I just really don't get it and here to learn.

Last edited by LizNuzz; 17/10/20 07:49 AM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by LizNuzz
edit: @FenrisC

I'm confused because the game gives you those filters already. I can either display all or decide to only see gear, potions, books etc.
How does the allocated bag idea improve what is already there? I don't mean to talk down your idea, I just really don't get it and here to learn.

The idea is to have a clearer representation of what items you have and where, without having to constantly hit a "filter" or "sorting" button : this way you'll have a nicely organized backpack by separated sections, and will immediately see what new items you got into since you'll control where on the screen they will be placed.

Sorting and filtering function - heck a search one as well - will be useful features, but if your backpack is already visually readable without, all for the better, dont you think ? wink

I like having things organized, managing inventory is always a pita in nearly all games I played, plus it's time-consuming.
Lets sort things at first glance, searching for specific item will only be easier.

Last edited by FenrisC; 17/10/20 11:22 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard