Next Thread
Print Thread
#702315 17/10/20 02:13 AM
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
I haven't read through all the posts, so I'm sure these are duplicated, but here goes.

Party roles - it would be great to set up roles for the party instead of whoever is selected doing the talking or leading the group. I am usually a wizard, so I often lead from the back, it would be great if I could still be party leader, but define a marching order, likewise it would be great to set up other roles, like party spokesperson, chest opener, etc.

At least half the time some was revealed I didn't notice it because I wasn't looking at the right time or place or because I had the wrong camera angle. It would be great if there was something more static I could see to find our what was noticed

Inventory management is a pain in the ass, some of it, like trying to group items I assume is buggy, but it would be really great if there was a better way to move a bunch of things at once. Multiselect would be awesome

**Spoiler alert** - this game has a lot of jumping in it, like a Super Mario amount of jumping, which isn't terrible, but sometimes the game figures out where to jump from and to and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes if jumps from an optimal point and sometimes it doesn't and you die, but most of all, when you need to go somewhere the whole party has to jump, it's super annoying, like when you jump someone, then move them out of the way, then jump someone, then move them out of the way,.. especially to places where you know you need to do it all in reverse. Please have some kind of follow the leader jumping!!

I have had maybe 30-40 deaths because I couldn't get the mouse over the character soon enough, it would be awesome if I could click on the portrait instead of the character, especially when there is other targets in the road.

And I know this has been mentioned, but I'll say it again, please have someone figure out a reasonable walking around danger pathing algorithm. When there is a perfectly good path my party walking through the flaming poisonous acid. I click to move a bit and they re-walk through whatever death trap it is. I find a huge spike trap and they still walk into it. And then other times when there is no happy path, they refuse to walk through it and I have to select each one. And sometimes they do a mix of both and half an hour later i realize one of them is still standing back in the flames.

One other minor thing, that would be a nice to have, when you need to make a DC check it would be good to see your skill level at it before you choose. I know you can't show the DC, I just mean what your bonus is.

All that said, I love the game. I bought a new computer just to run this, I am not on my second run through and I am not disappointed. UI issues aside, the story is amazing, the gameplay is amazing, you have all done a fantastic job, please keep it up!!

apprentice
apprentice
I agree with the things you said.

I want to clarify that you can see your bonus in dialogue options. Just hover over the words in brackets.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree the pathing through fire (or acid, or vines) is horrid.

Haven't noted the jumping so much....maybe I'm missing opportunities

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
The jumping really should go for you when you click on the distant lands. That might be hard for pathing, though, as the game would have to guess if you wanted to jump to the spot or walk around to it (if such a path existed). It does seem to know when there isn't a path, though.

They should really allow you to select the group so you could at least say (jump here) together.

It's very frustrating when your low strength character can't jump a distance and you have to burn a slot on a teleport. In real D&D, it would just slow your progress as you dealt with climbing down and climbing back up, or as you find a way to ferry the person over. It wouldn't hard block you.

We need more climbable surfaces too.

Link Copied to Clipboard