Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by Wormerine
He doesn't have a tadpole so it's unlikely. Tadpoles seem to be the glue keeping companions together, and overriding personal motivation when playing as origin.
Nonorigin companions would be great. smile

Yes, that's a bit the whole point, albeit implicitly. Larian has said that they're only planning 8 OC (Origin Characters), I don't think they'll make more. And I wouldn't want them to make any more anyway. I feel its a huge resource-sink and that there should have been at most 3-4 OC to begin with.

But what many people are requesting, when asking for Halsin, Alfira, Minthara, etc to be companions, implies that we could have non-tadpoled companions in the party. I'm not in everyone's mind, but I'd assume that most people who ever requested X or Y to be a companion understood that they would be non-tadpoled, non-OC companions.

I don't see how this would be problematic in any way in a coop game. Of course, in a 4-player coop game, there would be no space in the party for non-PC members. But that would also be true of at least 4 of the OC.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by PeanutBudda
They should make him a companion so we can &@*% him.

I made an account just so I could write this.

You were all thinking it.

I also made an account just for this! I want this bear. Please, Larian T_T

A
stranger
stranger
A
I totally agree. I'm in the daddybear fanclub too. Where to sign the petition for Larian to make Halsin a conpanion or love interest ?

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by PeanutBudda
They should make him a companion so we can &@*% him.

I made an account just so I could write this.

You were all thinking it.

Not to be horny on main, but we need to be able to get together with more people than just the origin characters, like Halsin. Or Zevlor.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'd also like him as companion. He's the best NPC in the whole game (to me) so far.

Halsin would be a fun and useful companion. I find myself wishing they'd stuck with the grizzled old man version if they're going to make him a companion... but that's just me. The one we all encounter that I'd really, really like to have be recruitable is Sassa... but that's just because I'd like to show her my mighty booyagh.

journeyman
journeyman
While I do think people are a little too fixated on Haslin I think we should have non-origin NPCs definitely. I'll be really let down if our only party members are the ones we meet at the beginning.

M
stranger
stranger
M
... People wanting to bang a bear.

Worrying.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Worm
While I do think people are a little too fixated on Haslin I think we should have non-origin NPCs definitely. I'll be really let down if our only party members are the ones we meet at the beginning.

Well at least for me he appears to know what he’s doing and is confident in his actions. He’s not whiney and offers up ideas even if they might not pan out.

S
addict
addict
S
Ah this reminds me, I need to look up where I can make Halsin a Half-Elf. laugh

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

Well at least for me he appears to know what he’s doing and is confident in his actions. He’s not whiney and offers up ideas even if they might not pan out.

Really? He seems like a complete fuck-up to me. My mans made me kill gobbo children because he was getting pocked to death by them, after he got captured because he tried and failed to do i-can't-remember-what. Then after i save him and fix all of his place's problems, he decides to leave again and even gets pissy when i ask him if all he can provide are directions for the Undertark.

Having said that tho, his triumphant arrival, right after the battle for the grove was done and drow chick was dead, was actual G.

Last edited by Innateagle; 23/02/21 10:19 PM.
I like to throw just one rock at Halsin, just to make up for all his nonsense.

veteran
veteran
He is certainly an interesting character. To me it seems, like he is fleeing from his responsibility as archdruid. If he were a companion that could lead to an interesting side quest and it makes him very real.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Umbra
That is certainly possible allready.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Icelyn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Umbra
That is certainly possible allready.
frown

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

Really? He seems like a complete fuck-up to me. My mans made me kill gobbo children because he was getting pocked to death by them, after he got captured because he tried and failed to do i-can't-remember-what. Then after i save him and fix all of his place's problems, he decides to leave again and even gets pissy when i ask him if all he can provide are directions for the Undertark.

Having said that tho, his triumphant arrival, right after the battle for the grove was done and drow chick was dead, was actual G.

You know, you convinced me. Halsin is a loser. I was swayed by his 24 in python arms.

Last edited by spectralhunter; 24/02/21 04:38 PM.
addict
addict
I've already given my support for this request, but I just want to add one thing : Halsin-as-companion should have normal stats, of course. Not 16 in all Ability Scores.

Having said that, Larian, please, make Halsin a companion ! And Alfira !

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Drath Malorn
I've already given my support for this request, but I just want to add one thing : Halsin-as-companion should have normal stats, of course. Not 16 in all Ability Scores.

Having said that, Larian, please, make Halsin a companion ! And Alfira !

I second Alfira (already supported Halsin)

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
stranger
stranger
A
Just to add my voice to this thread - I'd love to have Halsin as a companion and romance option. I think he's a superb option - for both men and women.

I also think Larian need to move away from this idea that ALL the companions have to be origin characters. Its not a smart idea. Part of the enjoyment of RPGs lies in meeting characters that you don't know exist at the character creation screen. This goes back as far as I can remember - whether its meeting Ammon Jerro in NWN2 or Nordom in Planescape

Last edited by agad; 25/02/21 11:01 AM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by agad
I also think Larian need to move away from this idea that ALL the companions have to be origin characters. Its not a smart idea. Part of the enjoyment of RPGs lies in meeting characters that you don't know exist at the character creation screen. This goes back as far as I can remember - whether its meeting Ammon Jerro in NWN2 or Nordom in Planescape

I totally agree here. I was always excited in the original BG when I found a character with a portrait as it meant they had a greater chance of being a companion. They did say before that you will be able to recruit randomly generated companions like in DOS:2, we can only hope that they will make that system a bit more complex.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard