A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
So I took a look at all GoG Reviews for BG3 and wrote a summary
I was bored, apparently. Here it goes:

Most frequent complaints:
Almost 20 people pointed out that BG3 does not feel like Baldurs Gate. Most did not provide a long explanation.
About 10 people agreed that it does not feel like Baldurs Gate but had no problem with it
5 people found the dice rolling to bee too frequent, too influential in the story or annoying
5 people wanted the game to feature Real time combat with pause
At least 3 people found the companions to be unlikeable

Less frequent complaints:
A few people wanted more control over the camera
A few people found the dialogue entertaining in an unintended way
Two people found the goblins too strong and too intelligent
Two people found the game too linear
Two players found the combat to be too difficult
Two players found the colors to be too bright. Probably this is also true for some of the more generic "Does not feel like BG" comments
Two people wanted more controls for the camera
Two players found the Area of Effect damage types to be too common

Single mentions:
Exploration tedious, Camera should not reveal enemies out of sight, Combat boring, Too much loot, Chain system annoying,
Teleport to camp breaks immersion, Kagha killing child unacceptable, Too many exotic characters for faerun, Please no bearded females, Lack of choice for deity,
character creation too shallow, Charisma and persuasion overpowered, Party too small, Game explains too little about the world

Positive remarks:
About a dozen players praised the many choices.
About ten players found BG3 to be a good representation of 5E or the tabletop experience
Some players liked that there is a lot to explore
A few players found the combat interesting

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
B
stranger
stranger
B
Hi,

Could you point as to how many reviewers this concerns in total?
I can go and check, but not everybody will, and then you have all your data here smile

Thanks

BG fan - Kivan and Jan all the way!
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
4 pages of 60 reviews per page as of now. One page is not entirely full yet. Maybe 200 reviews.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
T
addict
addict
T
Those are some small numbers.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
There are many more on steam and in the feedback thread here. I was curious whether or not the points mentioned the most here were represntative of the general audience. They are

T
addict
addict
T
I don't know, Steam shows 17,702 reviews that are generally "Very Positive". Don't have time to summarize the list but seems more people enjoying it than not.

old hand
old hand
This is still valid feedback, and most of it, if not all, has been brought up in one form or another in the forums. Thanks for taking the time to put it together! Do you have any suggestions on changes that might fix them? Some are self-explanatory like more lore since there is too little, but some of those are complicated.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
I will most likely take a look at a random sample of a few hundred steam reviews in the future but I do not expect major surprises. Most reviews are quite useless because they do not clearly name issues or suggest solutions.

veteran
veteran
"5 people found the dice rolling to bee too frequent, too influential in the story or annoying"

This is why RUIN has come to our FAMILY!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I admit, I WOULD like to be able to choose a deity regardless of class.

Link Copied to Clipboard