Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Oct 2020
P
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
P
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Synaryn
Aasimar aren't necessarily good. Tieflings, even those who've escaped from hell, aren't necessarily bad. We've no idea what got her sent to the hells after all, and there's precedent for tieflings running from hell being good. Sure, she doesn't have the brightest manners when meeting her, but given her circumstances, it's reasonable and I got a laugh out of some of her lines. Looking forward to her as a companion.



It's true. But I would like to see a classic good girl as a good girl, at least one. If the choice for a good hero is limited only to Karlach, it will really upset all good paladins, and it won't be interesting to pass for good

Conclusions on the game can be made only for 1 act now, and the only "good" female character does not make me happy at all


What makes you think Karlach is the only good aligned companion? Halsin seems like he's a good alignment, and if they're making 13 companions we've barely even seen all of them so there will undoubtedly be some just straight up good companions


Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Pupito
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Synaryn
Aasimar aren't necessarily good. Tieflings, even those who've escaped from hell, aren't necessarily bad. We've no idea what got her sent to the hells after all, and there's precedent for tieflings running from hell being good. Sure, she doesn't have the brightest manners when meeting her, but given her circumstances, it's reasonable and I got a laugh out of some of her lines. Looking forward to her as a companion.



It's true. But I would like to see a classic good girl as a good girl, at least one. If the choice for a good hero is limited only to Karlach, it will really upset all good paladins, and it won't be interesting to pass for good

Conclusions on the game can be made only for 1 act now, and the only "good" female character does not make me happy at all


What makes you think Karlach is the only good aligned companion? Halsin seems like he's a good alignment, and if they're making 13 companions we've barely even seen all of them so there will undoubtedly be some just straight up good companions



we don't necessarily need to be gay to be a knight of light and good grin

Joined: Oct 2020
P
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
P
Joined: Oct 2020
So in other words you don't want "companions", you want a harem. You do know you can only romance one companion anyway, right? If you're literally just looking for some hormone driven harem fantasy, maybe try browsing the adult games steam is chock full of now instead of a D&D RPG that just happens to contain romance.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
I think the reason Karlach not a companion yet is because she a Oath of Vengeance Paladin and that not in game yet.

Joined: Oct 2020
L
stranger
Offline
stranger
L
Joined: Oct 2020
Instead of demanding her removal, just don't use her.
Why do people feel the need to control how other people play so much. You get to fucking choose tbh, just choose.
If you don't want us to use her because you're not, all I'm saying is, there's no one person special enough even if their mom says so to change the game base on what they alone want. Unless you're specifically making the game.

If you want 6 party members go ahead, if you want 4, go ahead, if you want to solo, GO AHEAD.

Simple as that.
Larian will pull through, don't worry about them not putting enough work into the characters you like. This isn't DoS.
They have more resources to work with here.

Just allow people the freedom to choose.
Because folks like you are so narrow minded and tunnel visioned in what you want, you forget there's others who will be playing too.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Lenggao
Instead of demanding her removal, just don't use her.
Why do people feel the need to control how other people play so much. You get to fucking choose tbh, just choose.
If you don't want us to use her because you're not, all I'm saying is, there's no one person special enough even if their mom says so to change the game base on what they alone want. Unless you're specifically making the game.

If you want 6 party members go ahead, if you want 4, go ahead, if you want to solo, GO AHEAD.

Simple as that.
Larian will pull through, don't worry about them not putting enough work into the characters you like. This isn't DoS.
They have more resources to work with here.

Just allow people the freedom to choose.
Because folks like you are so narrow minded and tunnel visioned in what you want, you forget there's others who will be playing too.


I did not try to impose my opinion, but only expressed it, not knowing that there would be 13 characters and that Karlach was definitely added. If I offended someone with my statement, then I apologize. If I knew, I would just create a thread asking to add a good Aasimar girl

Freedom of choice is good, and the main thing in this game.

And this topic is not so much about Karlach as about the fear that the game will not have a character like Aerie from Baldur's Gate II, because in the role of a good girl they decided to do Karlach. It's just a conclusion on the first act
 

Joined: Sep 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
I think the reason Karlach not a companion yet is because she a Oath of Vengeance Paladin and that not in game yet.

That could be interesting. May be the first time ever I have a paladin in my group and perhaps my one character may behave a bit better.... laugh

Joined: Sep 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Synaryn
Aasimar aren't necessarily good. Tieflings, even those who've escaped from hell, aren't necessarily bad. We've no idea what got her sent to the hells after all, and there's precedent for tieflings running from hell being good. Sure, she doesn't have the brightest manners when meeting her, but given her circumstances, it's reasonable and I got a laugh out of some of her lines. Looking forward to her as a companion.



It's true. But I would like to see a classic good girl as a good girl, at least one. If the choice for a good hero is limited only to Karlach, it will really upset all good paladins, and it won't be interesting to pass for good

Conclusions on the game can be made only for 1 act now, and the only "good" female character does not make me happy at all


Good girls don't...Good girls don't...Good girls don't, but I do.

Sorry, but I was momentarily possessed by a tadpole and couldn't resist.

Joined: May 2019
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: May 2019
Originally Posted by Synaryn
She's a cleric of an evil goddess, but not evil herself. 5E has no restriction that a cleric has to be the same alignment as their deity.

Don't really care what 5e says. This is just not logical or rational.
Originally Posted by Pupito
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Synaryn
Aasimar aren't necessarily good. Tieflings, even those who've escaped from hell, aren't necessarily bad. We've no idea what got her sent to the hells after all, and there's precedent for tieflings running from hell being good. Sure, she doesn't have the brightest manners when meeting her, but given her circumstances, it's reasonable and I got a laugh out of some of her lines. Looking forward to her as a companion.



It's true. But I would like to see a classic good girl as a good girl, at least one. If the choice for a good hero is limited only to Karlach, it will really upset all good paladins, and it won't be interesting to pass for good

Conclusions on the game can be made only for 1 act now, and the only "good" female character does not make me happy at all


What makes you think Karlach is the only good aligned companion? Halsin seems like he's a good alignment, and if they're making 13 companions we've barely even seen all of them so there will undoubtedly be some just straight up good companions

I highly doubt we will get 13 companions. And as such, yes, it is a reasonable concern we will not have enough good-aligned companions to create a balanced good-aligned party.

Joined: Oct 2020
R
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
R
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by kanisatha

I highly doubt we will get 13 companions. And as such, yes, it is a reasonable concern we will not have enough good-aligned companions to create a balanced good-aligned party.

If Kevin VanOrd's words are to be believed then: ''They plan to have eight companions, possibly more, and potentially including companions that won't be origin characters
There will be more companions than DoS2 but possibly less than BG2. Part of the "less than BG2" bit is because they want all the companions to have fleshed out stories''



Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
We need a law good paladin Tyr no less than a chaotic good girl magician Aasimar, in the next topic the woman was upset that all the characters are evil.

The evil characters turned out to be cool, as a lover of playing for the dark side of power, I liked them and I'm waiting Mizora and Minthara too. But we need at least two more "classic" good heroes, without the ambiguity of good ones for the game to be replayable. We already have "classical evil", "ambiguous evil", "ambiguous good or neutral", but there is no "classical good"

The developers made Karlach - and let it be, freedom of choice is good. But my personal opinion did not balance it, moreover, it duplicates Mizora subject to a limited number of companions. The character won't be as popular as if we had the classic archetype of goodness.

P.S
By the "law good Paladin of Tyr" I mean the Paladin of Tyr, and not the demon who took the form of Paladin Tyr, who is actually on the side of good just going through some kind of personal drama etc. No.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
why did you change the OP title?

I would certainly love new companions.

Joined: Oct 2020
H
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
H
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Lenggao
Instead of demanding her removal, just don't use her.
Why do people feel the need to control how other people play so much. You get to fucking choose tbh, just choose.
If you don't want us to use her because you're not, all I'm saying is, there's no one person special enough even if their mom says so to change the game base on what they alone want. Unless you're specifically making the game.

If you want 6 party members go ahead, if you want 4, go ahead, if you want to solo, GO AHEAD.

Simple as that.
Larian will pull through, don't worry about them not putting enough work into the characters you like. This isn't DoS.
They have more resources to work with here.

Just allow people the freedom to choose.
Because folks like you are so narrow minded and tunnel visioned in what you want, you forget there's others who will be playing too.


I did not try to impose my opinion, but only expressed it, not knowing that there would be 13 characters and that Karlach was definitely added. If I offended someone with my statement, then I apologize. If I knew, I would just create a thread asking to add a good Aasimar girl

Freedom of choice is good, and the main thing in this game.

And this topic is not so much about Karlach as about the fear that the game will not have a character like Aerie from Baldur's Gate II, because in the role of a good girl they decided to do Karlach. It's just a conclusion on the first act
 


Yay Aerith was so cute. Wish there would be one cuties like that as well. But I want a lot of companion too, 4, or 8 feels too restrictive.


If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
Joined: Oct 2020
P
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
P
Joined: Oct 2020
Where did the illustration of Mizora come from? Couldn't find It amywhere on news related to BG3 and Minthara was conformes as a companion ir are you guys just talking about a romance option?

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
I rather doubt Mizora will be a companion. Minthara, maybe, but a devil companion would be difficult for balance.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by pgmoro
Where did the illustration of Mizora come from? Couldn't find It amywhere on news related to BG3 and Minthara was conformes as a companion ir are you guys just talking about a romance option?



Mizora, along with Will, is right at the top in the forum header, moreover, there is a quest where you need to find her in the second act.
Considering that Will can be the main character, and absolutely all the other companions depicted in the art, adding Mizora to our group is almost 100%

Mintara is the obvious companion behind the Absolute cult line, and the only drow hinted at as a companion. Not everything is so simple with her, and she is much more interesting than it seems at first glance. Judging by her emotions as we try to penetrate her fears. And the fact that she is capable of mercy after checking the charisma
Considering how popular Viconia was in Baldurs Gate 2, we will have drow in the party, and drow will be evil

[Linked Image]

Joined: Oct 2020
Z
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Z
Joined: Oct 2020
I hope they won't add her as well. I was very surprised from the dialogue with her, it was so out of place and blunt. In the end I was tired of her manners and stupid attitude, aiming her crossbow on a fully armed adventurers, and talking shit. I just attacked her and went on with my day.

Joined: Oct 2020
S
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
S
Joined: Oct 2020
1. Mizora and Minthara aren't confirmed as companions and they probably will not be. So I don't understand why would you compare Karlah to them.
2. You don't even know anything about Karlah. If she says "fuck" sometimes, doesn't mean that she is not good aligned.
3. "I personally don't like Karlah therefore I think everyone doesn't like her and she should be removed from the game" - is not an argument.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Saryle
1. Mizora and Minthara aren't confirmed as companions and they probably will not be. So I don't understand why would you compare Karlah to them.
2. You don't even know anything about Karlah. If she says "fuck" sometimes, doesn't mean that she is not good aligned.
3. "I personally don't like Karlah therefore I think everyone doesn't like her and she should be removed from the game" - is not an argument.



If you like Karlah you can speak about it, if you do not like it, you can also argue your position. It's simple
Karlah is compared not with evil heroes, but with good ones that are not yet in the game at all, there was not a single hint of them in the first act except Karlah which is not like the archetype of goodness what players usually would like to see

Joined: Oct 2020
P
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
P
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by pgmoro
Where did the illustration of Mizora come from? Couldn't find It amywhere on news related to BG3 and Minthara was conformes as a companion ir are you guys just talking about a romance option?



Mizora, along with Will, is right at the top in the forum header, moreover, there is a quest where you need to find her in the second act.
Considering that Will can be the main character, and absolutely all the other companions depicted in the art, adding Mizora to our group is almost 100%

Mintara is the obvious companion behind the Absolute cult line, and the only drow hinted at as a companion. Not everything is so simple with her, and she is much more interesting than it seems at first glance. Judging by her emotions as we try to penetrate her fears. And the fact that she is capable of mercy after checking the charisma
Considering how popular Viconia was in Baldurs Gate 2, we will have drow in the party, and drow will be evil

[Linked Image]


I disagree with most of this, it's pretty clear cut that Minthara Will not be going with you to act 2, and I'd argue that all companions will be recruitable in act 1, and about Mizora, she's probabbly a pretty powerful succubus that Will serve as antagonist for wyll questline, also highly doubt she'll be a companion, and we meet her only in act 2.

I might be wrong about Meeting all companions in act 1, but still I think this post is a huge stretch and neither of those 2 Will be added to your party, I believe no Monsters will too, only character with playable classes, so there is another reason for Mizora not joining

Last edited by pgmoro; 18/10/20 05:23 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5