Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
I think the reason Karlach not a companion yet is because she a Oath of Vengeance Paladin and that not in game yet.

More likely she is a bard, but we'll have to wait and see.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by pgmoro
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by pgmoro
Where did the illustration of Mizora come from? Couldn't find It amywhere on news related to BG3 and Minthara was conformes as a companion ir are you guys just talking about a romance option?

Mizora, along with Will, is right at the top in the forum header, moreover, there is a quest where you need to find her in the second act.
Considering that Will can be the main character, and absolutely all the other companions depicted in the art, adding Mizora to our group is almost 100%

Mintara is the obvious companion behind the Absolute cult line, and the only drow hinted at as a companion. Not everything is so simple with her, and she is much more interesting than it seems at first glance. Judging by her emotions as we try to penetrate her fears. And the fact that she is capable of mercy after checking the charisma
Considering how popular Viconia was in Baldurs Gate 2, we will have drow in the party, and drow will be evil

[Linked Image]

I disagree with most of this, it's pretty clear cut that Minthara Will not be going with you to act 2, and I'd argue that all companions will be recruitable in act 1, and about Mizora, she's probabbly a pretty powerful succubus that Will serve as antagonist for wyll questline, also highly doubt she'll be a companion, and we meet her only in act 2.

I might be wrong about Meeting all companions in act 1, but still I think this post is a huge stretch and neither of those 2 Will be added to your party, I believe no Monsters will too, only character with playable classes, so there is another reason for Mizora not joining

you can't create Qunari in dragon age origins, but we can take Stan into the group, so this is a questionable argument. Moreover, these characters may not join in the second act, but later, I would like to see work in this direction because it will be much more interesting. The forbidden fruit is the sweetest. Mizora and Minthara look very good for the dark side, it would be a shame if they cannot be taken with us in the party. They are not like Shadow Heart and Lae'zel, they are all completely different and this is good.

If the development resources are enough for this, for the classic good heroes, and for Karlach, then I have nothing against her

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
S
apprentice
apprentice
S

If you like Karlah you can speak about it, if you do not like it, you can also argue your position. It's simple
Karlah is compared not with evil heroes, but with good ones that are not yet in the game at all, there was not a single hint of them in the first act except Karlah which is not like the archetype of goodness what players usually would like to see

If you don't like Karlah, yeah, you can talk about it and you can avoid her in the game easily. But asking for her removal from the game is quite different thing.
I also like to play good aligned characters and prefer good aligned companions. So you saying that your idea of "archetype of goodness" is what most players would like to see is quite a stretch. I personally hate characters like Aerie and I think I would enjoy somebody like Karlah.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Saryle

If you like Karlah you can speak about it, if you do not like it, you can also argue your position. It's simple
Karlah is compared not with evil heroes, but with good ones that are not yet in the game at all, there was not a single hint of them in the first act except Karlah which is not like the archetype of goodness what players usually would like to see

If you don't like Karlah, yeah, you can talk about it and you can avoid her in the game easily. But asking for her removal from the game is quite different thing.
I also like to play good aligned characters and prefer good aligned companions. So you saying that your idea of "archetype of goodness" is what most players would like to see is quite a stretch. I personally hate characters like Aerie and I think I would enjoy somebody like Karlah.

Anyway, I hope the record sales budget will be enough to develop so many well-written companion, make us ALL happy and not have to make choices about what to develop and what not.
If the budget is not spared, and in it no one player can say that he did not get the desired choice (both in characters and in quest decisions) the game can turn out 10 out of 10 and become the best RPG of all time.

If suddenly they decide to make a choice, I just expressed my position.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
S
apprentice
apprentice
S

Anyway, I hope the record sales budget will be enough to develop so many well-written companion, make us ALL happy and not have to make choices about what to develop and what not.
If suddenly they decide to make a choice, I just expressed my position.

Well more companions are always nice and there will be at least 8 and hopefully more. I also want to get more good aligned characters so let's hope we will get them. Just don't ask to remove existing ones, some people like them.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by acatlas
There will most likely be plenty of optional companions however adding an aasimar to chapter 1 while alot of people have asked for the race probably wont happen it would most likely happen after the race is added or in a later chapter.

Side note Shadowheart is Neutral Evil (She has evil cleric actions in certain locations)

Secondary note laz'eal and Shadowheart are the only 2 current companions in early access.

3rd note most likely several additional companions will get added as well as a merc option they have already discussed. If you find the RP post I posted on here a while back I posted some commentary on ideas regarding that that could really explain how they could be implimented outside the origins characters in unique ways for additional companions.

A cleric gets the "evil cleric" tag if they choose an evil deity. It doesn't mean the character is evil. I chose Kelemvor for my deity as a cleric so I got the "neutral cleric" tag -- even though I never explicitly chose my alignment.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard