Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I'm running into a glitch (both single and multiple player games) where if the combat starts with one or more party members in stealth, sometimes a weird ongoing glitch happens where even after joining battle, those characters will get skipped "sometimes" Has happened to PCs and to Companions (including both "Us" and a summoned bear).

apprentice
apprentice
+1

I've done entire battles with a stealthed companion crouching like 2 meters away from a fighting companion but never actually getting to take a combat turn.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Have you tried clicking on the stealthed character's portrait and sneak attacking? That works for me when I don't see all the characters in the initiative order.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Swiss
Have you tried clicking on the stealthed character's portrait and sneak attacking? That works for me when I don't see all the characters in the initiative order.

In my case, yes. The stealthed characters portrait is slightly faded out and clicking on it doesn't do anything. In some combat encounters the stealthed characters join the battle at some point with no discernable trigger for it.

N
old hand
old hand
N
It happens to me regularly too. Like I have two other companions in the same initiative order who joined from stealth. When I do the actions for the first character and click on the space bar, it goes directly to the next enemy, skipping my two other characters entirely.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Swiss

Originally Posted by Syrek

In my case, yes. The stealthed characters portrait is slightly faded out and clicking on it doesn't do anything. In some combat encounters the stealthed characters join the battle at some point with no discernable trigger for it.

Yup same here, no option to do anything; the portrait is greyed out, and when I click on it, everything else is greyed out as well. No options.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I noticed this behavior too ; I think it's about PCs joining a battle when they are afar ; you have like infinite amount of realtime to look and join battle, but as soon you enter enemy sight, your character roll for initiative and is added to combat. So as you didnt got the best initiative, your character is locked before he/she can take their turn by initiative order.

The odd thing is you can attack with ranged spell/weapon, but sometimes you enter combat BEFORE your attack is issued, sometimes AFTER (the damage triggering combat for your character).

THe main issue is when you're planning synchronized actions for multiple group members ; if ennemies got better initiative than one of your chars, they can totally move to prevent your second character (wich was supposed hit them as the same time as another and trigger combat), and ruin your carefully prepared ambush.

I'll like to see option to trigger combat with everyone at once, or consistently triggering "suprised" bonus turn for your ambush to succeed.

Actually timing feels very clunky, and it happens on a regular basis that YOUR team is being surprised, even though your first action was to engage combat with hidden characters, no enemy being able to see your team... very frustrating atm. smirk

Last edited by FenrisC; 21/10/20 11:27 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard