Print Thread
D
davism Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Afternoon All,

I wondered what people thoughts were on the actual save loading system. Personally I think it would be better if Saves were only listed for each unique character and you could switch character to see their own unique saves. Much like below in Dragon Age Origins:
[Linked Image]
Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers

F
stranger
stranger
F
I absolutely hate it. Included a similar fix to yours in my suggestion summery post.

D
davism Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Driving me insane when I am trying to try different classes out.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by davism

I wondered what people thoughts were on the actual save loading system. Personally I think it would be better if Saves were only listed for each unique character and you could switch character to see their own unique saves. Much like below in Dragon Age Origins:

<snip the image out!>

I am not a fan of the way it works now. I'd prefer it to work the way it does in the screenshot you posted - with a specific folder and set of auto/quick saves for each character.

My current "fix" is just to rename hard saves with the character name, and maybe two or three words about where I am/what I'm doing.

Z.

N
old hand
old hand
N
As a rule of thumb, I name my saves with the name of the character, like Lilith - Blighted village. But it would save time if it was implemented in the game.

old hand
old hand
If you make a different profile for each character it makes things a lot easier. Also if the saves for one become corrupted, you haven't screwed yourself.

Agree. The way Dragon Age handled it is great and Larian should take a look at it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zandilar
Originally Posted by davism

<snip the image out!>

I am not a fan of the way it works now. I'd prefer it to work the way it does in the screenshot you posted - with a specific folder and set of auto/quick saves for each character.

My current "fix" is just to rename hard saves with the character name, and maybe two or three words about where I am/what I'm doing.

Z.

I do this, I just click the save, and then move to the beginning, and leave all the info, and add the character name to the front, so it's like "Mebrinde Blighted Village 23:22". I would much prefer the other option though.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Zarna
If you make a different profile for each character it makes things a lot easier. Also if the saves for one become corrupted, you haven't screwed yourself.

I tried that, but it still just saved them all in the same place. I'll try it again when I play next, I might have done (probably did) something wrong - but I'm pretty sure I selected the new profile for the new character.

Z.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Agreed Dragon age made things more organized haha

Link Copied to Clipboard