Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I'm not sure if this is a bug or because I have 8 intelligence? My custom character is a drow will only let me prepare 1 spell. Gale is able to prepare 5 spells and they are the same level. Is it a bug or is it because of my low intelligence? I plan on getting the necklace if anyone is wondering why it's so low.

Thanks in advance

P
stranger
stranger
P
Prepared spells are Wizard's level + INT modifier. So yeah, level 2 wizard with 8 INT you only have 1 prepared spell.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thank you! It's stuff like this which I think needs a mention somewhere in the game or just hovering your mouse over it and a dialog box explains it

old hand
old hand
I still want to try out an 8 int Wizard and go right for that Circlet asap.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Just curious, is there a reason you made an 8 INT wizard?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Creslin321
Just curious, is there a reason you made an 8 INT wizard?

Circlet of intellect sets your Intelligence to 18

addict
addict
I really don't see the benefit in dumping points into other stats for minor increases and gimping yourself on your primary purpose just because there's an item that'll correct your "creativity" halfway through your experience. If you pumped CON up, you're still not going to be taking many hits as a Wizard, and you should be playing at maximum range anyway. Any of the other stats are going to be largely pointless outside of DEX for the added AC, but again, the goal is "no touchy." I feel like I need a thorough explanation as to why you'd make a character useless for 50% of your game until you get one specific item when the two logical attributes to distribute those "extra" points between are counter-intuitive to the playstyle of the class, lol.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
I really don't see the benefit in dumping points into other stats for minor increases and gimping yourself on your primary purpose just because there's an item that'll correct your "creativity" halfway through your experience. If you pumped CON up, you're still not going to be taking many hits as a Wizard, and you should be playing at maximum range anyway. Any of the other stats are going to be largely pointless outside of DEX for the added AC, but again, the goal is "no touchy." I feel like I need a thorough explanation as to why you'd make a character useless for 50% of your game until you get one specific item when the two logical attributes to distribute those "extra" points between are counter-intuitive to the playstyle of the class, lol.

Con is needed to maintain concentration checks and stop them getting disrupted when hit, it should always be maxed after INT on any Wizard. Dex and AC decrease the chance of getting hit, thus allowing you to not get concentration broken at all.

In this game, one of the Dwarf races has inherent medium armour proficiency and con +2, which means you can make a wizard with a high Con score of 17, also 15 dex, and actually while you still have points for 15 INT, you would only be able to raise 15 to 19 at level 8, which isnt any better than 18.

You can therefore have a Dwarf Wizard with 17 str, 18 con, 16 dex, 18 int at level 4 and wearing medium armour.

Currently you cannot reach 20 INT anyway so this is the best way to make a Wizard.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 18/10/20 08:58 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tzelanit

Can't agree more.

old hand
old hand
The circlet isn't 'halfway through' the game though.

You can go straight for it after the initial ship and fight outside the druid camp.

The fight to get it is a cakewalk if you simply go up to and fight from the roof.

You can use 17 str to hit stuff with your dwarf proficiency weapons in the meantime.

Its the same thing as in BG2 where Bracers of Dexterity meant you could completely dump your dex score then raise it to 18 with an item.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 18/10/20 09:06 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard