Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So for my Gith Battlemaster play through, I really did not need or want Laz'ael as a companion so I got her near the edge of the nautiloid and shoved her off. Interesting if you miss the shove, she does not become hostile.

Oh, I robbed her of her Armor and stuff before shoving her to her dead.

You can finish the Prolog without her though the Helm encounter becomes ignoring the Imps to just get to the Helm to end the prolog.

Meeting Shadowheart as a Gith is a bit challenging. She really hates Gith and pretty easy to get it so she will not join you.

When you meet Gale, you a just a bit shy of experience to become 2nd level. Interestingly Larian seems to expect you to be 2nd level because Gale does level while I was 20 exp short.

There is no encounter with the 2 Tieflings who would be guarding Laz'ael before the because she dead back in Avernus.

I when went straight for the Grove Gate so triggered that encounter with 3 level 1 & Gale at level 2. Can still bet that encounter.

Overall, looks like Larian thought of most issue with killing Laz'ael early.

Guess I'll need to do a Murder Hobo playthrough where I kill all the companions and see how far you can go with just Tav.

Last edited by Merry Mayhem; 18/10/20 10:07 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
This is a lot of people’s first action... I usually follow it up by offing the vampire.

Last edited by Stray952; 18/10/20 10:05 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
You can also just eldrich blast her before her name appears in your journal.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
So for my Gith Battlemaster play through, I really did not need or want Laz'ael as a companion so I got her near the edge of the nautiloid and shoved her off.

Meeting Shadowheart as a Gith is a bit challenging. She really hates Gith and pretty easy to get it so she will not join you.
There is no encounter with the 2 Tieflings who would be guarding Laz'ael before the because she dead back in Avernus.

Overall, looks like Larian thought of most issue with killing Laz'ael early.

They actually planned that because once origin characters are released, you can play as her.

Love and sausages xx
A
stranger
stranger
A
I could not stand that guy and refused to have him in my party. As soon as I found the vampire hunter, I ratted him out.

They really need to make him less easy to dispise.

D
old hand
old hand
D

Goddamn thats brillaint!

N
old hand
old hand
N
I actually let her die too. It was hilarious to loot her body on the beach afterwards XD

D
old hand
old hand
D
I walked off because she was beeing a rude b**ch. I walked offscreen and got a qusst popup saying I left her to her fate. Like.... right when I turned around the game decided I let her sit there for good 😂

When I came back the cage was gone. And so was she.

Maybe you find her later on in that case? But she was obviously trolling the player. She dident need help at all 🤣

veteran
veteran
Wow that's a first for them but since it's an unavoidable main quest literally at the start of the game don't get too excited

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
Not bad idea ...
When i played my Figher i shoved her in regular battle ... then i realized i just lost quite nice armor, and reloaded. laugh
Then she wiped me few times with one strike laugh but in the end i manage to kill her properly, and it feeled much better. :P

//edit:
Loot body at the beach? Damn it ... i never needed to reload? laugh
Swen was right, i should have thrust the dices. -_-

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/10/20 06:00 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
apprentice
apprentice
As cool as the option is, the "I murder women I personally find displeasing" is more than a little worrying.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Not really? In dnd some races have grudges, are at war or whatnot. The player could have many reasons to be at odds with Gith. Maybe one of the enemies shoves her off? Ive also seen the AI use shove! That they made something like this an option is pretty amazing imo.

old hand
old hand
Wow, I never thought about it. And what, so it was possible?
In any case, I do not want to kill her, she is a good character to be a companion, but the opportunity is funny. It needs an additional entry in the diary so that the player understands that this is not a bug but a feature provided by the developers

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Sephirajo
As cool as the option is, the "I murder women I personally find displeasing" is more than a little worrying.

except he didn't say anything about murdering women, and actually said ...

Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
Guess I'll need to do a Murder Hobo playthrough where I kill all the companions and see how far you can go with just Tav.

murdering "compainions"

... so ... please, explain what is worrying about this? perhaps you are projecting?

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Not bad idea ...
When i played my Figher i shoved her in regular battle ... then i realized i just lost quite nice armor, and reloaded. laugh
Then she wiped me few times with one strike laugh but in the end i manage to kill her properly, and it feeled much better. :P

//edit:
Loot body at the beach? Damn it ... i never needed to reload? laugh
Swen was right, i should have thrust the dices. -_-

Yeah, and Shadowheart looks really cool in her armor.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T

Wait... Laz'ael is a woman?

C
C
All of the origin characters are better off killed off as soon as possible. Come back when you don't make bad characters no DM would bring in Larian

Imagine trying to hard to steer it that way. Christ

Last edited by CamKitty; 21/10/20 07:03 PM.
D
old hand
old hand
D
Hey we all know that killing a NPC in a game is basicly RL genocide right?

Link Copied to Clipboard