Next Thread
Print Thread
#705632 19/10/20 12:30 AM
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Can we get an autosave feature that's based on time? Say every 10 minutes, or 30 minutes...whatever. I just played for about 2 hours and didn't get a save, got randomly jumped by 4 gnoll archers when I was at the bottom of a hill and got totally wrecked. Now I get to rehash the last dozen combat rounds/dialogue.

entalmighty #705634 19/10/20 12:31 AM
You should always be using your Quick Save feature, and don't forget to click Save Game. If you're forgetting to save, that is hardly the game's fault.

entalmighty #705638 19/10/20 12:32 AM
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I'm not suggesting it's the game's fault. I just think it would be a beneficial feature.

entalmighty #705648 19/10/20 12:35 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
No reason not to include it. +1

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
entalmighty #705650 19/10/20 12:36 AM
Then it also could be working against the player, if you rely on Autosaves, then you can be locked in an unfavourable match up every time. You should make your own saves, I don't think they need to add more autosaving in.

You should be quick saving before every encounter in case you need to rethink your approach to the fight. If you are relying on autosaves, you don't have this option.

entalmighty #705653 19/10/20 12:38 AM
old hand
old hand
I believe DOS2 had it on increments so you could save up to 15 autosaves and have it save every 15 minutes. Its a good heartbeat to have as you roam around. Puts a safety net in for getting absorbed in the game smile

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
FatePeddler #705660 19/10/20 12:42 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
Then it also could be working against the player, if you rely on Autosaves, then you can be locked in an unfavourable match up every time. You should make your own saves, I don't think they need to add more autosaving in.

You should be quick saving before every encounter in case you need to rethink your approach to the fight. If you are relying on autosaves, you don't have this option.

Still no reason not to include the feature, especially if you can opt in and out of it at will. People make mistakes and oversight and get tunnel vision.

Last edited by Argonaut; 19/10/20 12:43 AM.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
Orbax #705665 19/10/20 12:44 AM
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Orbax
I believe DOS2 had it on increments so you could save up to 15 autosaves and have it save every 15 minutes. Its a good heartbeat to have as you roam around. Puts a safety net in for getting absorbed in the game smile

This. I didn't realize I'd been playing that long without a save. I'm not sure what "autosave" does if it doesn't automatically save. I shouldn't be able to play that long and not get a single save out of the autosave feature.

entalmighty #705747 19/10/20 01:22 AM
O
stranger
stranger
O
I'd prefer they limit the amount of quick saves in the folder. Saves, as many as you want, quicksaves? Limit to 3 or 4 slots they rotate through? My folder is CLOGGED with all the quicksaving I do.
But an autosave on timer? Nope. they already do autosave at certain points. Good enough I reckon.

Ozsavsta #705751 19/10/20 01:23 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ozsavsta
I'd prefer they limit the amount of quick saves in the folder. Saves, as many as you want, quicksaves? Limit to 3 or 4 slots they rotate through? My folder is CLOGGED with all the quicksaving I do.
But an autosave on timer? Nope. they already do autosave at certain points. Good enough I reckon.

You can lower it, its in game options

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Orbax #705817 19/10/20 01:51 AM
O
stranger
stranger
O

Well then. Damn. i'll get right on that smile Thanks

Ozsavsta #705828 19/10/20 01:56 AM
old hand
old hand

Well then. Damn. i'll get right on that smile Thanks

Cheers!

entalmighty #803405 07/12/21 10:31 PM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Currently im frustrated. After exploring in the wilderness, I came back to the Druid's Grove and did half an hour of more dialogue (Many not important, many for exploring the world). After that I was in my base and there were unexpectedly many more dialogues. That was also a lot of fun. When I returned to the wilderness afterwards, I forgot to press F5 and got into a fight that I couldn't actually win. However, an hour had passed since the last autosafe because I obviously hadn't gone through these "key points". I understand that BG3 is meant for oldschool RPG fans, of which I am one, but in my free time, with a job where you don't have much free time, an hour of lost progress is very frustrating. So an option to adjust the autosafe to 15, 20 or 30 minutes without entering a "key point" would be appreciated.

entalmighty #803413 08/12/21 12:38 AM
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Adjustable autosave functionality sounds good. What about a separate page for autosaves similar to how Civilization 5 did it? That would give players something like an archive for managed savepoints while the autosaves page can be used to recover from crashes, random or cheap deaths, regrets, testing, etc. The autosaves page would get clogged up (to a limit you set) but the saves would be in chronological order so sifting through them shouldn't be too bad.

entalmighty #803424 08/12/21 06:57 AM
veteran
veteran
I said it already and I will say it again ...
I would like to have autosave every time I enter a new Zone, building, on entering or leaving combat ... and every 15 / 20 minutes

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/12/21 06:59 AM.

Short coment on my English. smile

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
entalmighty #803463 08/12/21 06:21 PM
A
A
Auto save is a life saver when the dreaded CTD happens and they do on ALL modern games eventually.

entalmighty #803481 08/12/21 09:02 PM
old hand
old hand
Even Yahtzee has given in and learned to love the bombautosave

Optimistically Apocalyptic
entalmighty #803723 11/12/21 02:38 PM
apprentice
apprentice
+1
Sometimes you could lose so much progress by forgetting to save. And it is not cool at all to have to replay so much content again with all dice rolls and stuff going on it's just a waste of time.

Link Copied to Clipboard