Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Not sure if anybody has said this but does the enemy box even abide by the spell slot rules and concentration rules? I get into constant battles where a level three warlock has tried to hit me with witch bolt numerous times and while it is cast use other spells on me. Anybody have the same thing happen?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Witch bolt can hit at least 3 turns from what i remember.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kaylob23
Not sure if anybody has said this but does the enemy box even abide by the spell slot rules and concentration rules? I get into constant battles where a level three warlock has tried to hit me with witch bolt numerous times and while it is cast use other spells on me. Anybody have the same thing happen?

If youre referring to the fact that level 3 goblins with 14 hp are casting guiding bolt 6 times in a row, yes and its really annoying.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
No this is using actual witch bolt multiple times. Couple times it misses then it hits. Loses concentration on it. Casts it again misses next round casts it again.

Last edited by Kaylob23; 19/10/20 01:04 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

Yeah this has been a problem with game design for a while now and hopefully it will change.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
enthusiast
enthusiast
No this is using actual witch bolt multiple times. Couple times it misses then it hits. Loses concentration on it. Casts it again misses next round casts it again.

LOL, Larian.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
And if I’m not mistaken I am pretty sure while it has concentration on witch bolt they will cast something else like sleep or whatever and it will still have concentration on witchbolt. Pretty sure the rules is if you cast another spell you lose it.

O
stranger
stranger
O
And if I’m not mistaken I am pretty sure while it has concentration on witch bolt they will cast something else like sleep or whatever and it will still have concentration on witchbolt. Pretty sure the rules is if you cast another spell you lose it.

A beam of crackling, blue energy lances out toward a creature within range, forming a sustained arc of lightning between you and the target. Make a ranged spell attack against that creature. On a hit, the target takes 1d12 lightning damage, and on each of your turns for the duration, you can use your action to deal 1d12 lightning damage to the target automatically. The spell ends if you use your action to do anything else. The spell also ends if the target is ever outside the spell’s range or if it has total cover from you.

You are right indeed.
However, Larian also use Fire bolt to set ppl on fire. And this is ALSO erroneous. They just dont understand the mechanics of anything relating to 5e. They are adding the flavour of D&D to DOS:2.Its shaping up to be a big ass mod, with tidbit of both games. Making it not either of them, and ultimately, a less enjoyable experience.

addict
addict
Enemies don't abide by the same rules...for some reason.

They don't care about spell slots.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by UnderworldHades
Enemies don't abide by the same rules...for some reason.

They don't care about spell slots.

When I am DMing I mess with creatures a lot, but spellcaster levels I dont haha. Its just too powerful of a mechanic.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
Witch bolt can hit at least 3 turns from what i remember.

really i would never know becuase after THREE PLAY THROUGHS I HAVENT HIT WITH IT EVER.

and yet peole nay say the biased and rigged dice algorithmn towards the mobs.

Last edited by Oldnight; 19/10/20 02:03 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard