Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kdb1031 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
That big red hobgoblin in goblin fort is no way to get them to leave the big chamber they are in surrounded by guards. The other two was able to eliminate the guards and get rid of drums nearby or have them meet me somewhere private and have astorian nuke em then kill before can call for help but this guy there aren't any options. Got at least 6 gobs and followers in the room and he has a truckload of health. Only way I have been able to kill him is just set a bunch of explosive barrels in room, detonate and wipe out the scrubs then attack him. I could shove him off into the abyss but then would lose any magic swag he has.

You can climb up to the rafters on that fight, my latest play was terrible at persausion, so I just climbed up and got sneak shots from the rafters at the guys. You can CC the Hobgoblin leader, Menacing Strike from Lae'zel is great on the leader.

Just be careful on the rafters, because the leader has an AOE knockback that can throw you from the rafters.

Last edited by FatePeddler; 19/10/20 06:37 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I prepped the warlords room with lots of explosives, moved the entire party up to the rafters, then had them syncronize-shoot down the braziers on either side: hello 1 FPS as the entire room exploded!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
You can climb up to the rafters on that fight, my latest play was terrible at persausion, so I just climbed up and got sneak shots from the rafters at the guys. You can CC the Hobgoblin leader, Menacing Strike from Lae'zel is great on the leader.

Just be careful on the rafters, because the leader has an AOE knockback that can throw you from the rafters.

Yeah thats basically how I did it.

Then the mage with the paladins later in the game did the same to me lol.

Swings and roundabouts

Love and sausages xx
old hand
old hand

Adding to this, if it is the room I am thinking of, when you are up there you will be able to see that the braziers hanging from the ceiling have health bars.

apprentice
apprentice
Yes, they're held up by 1Hp wooden connectors so you can oneshot them all down at the same time for glorious pyrotechnics.

N
old hand
old hand
N
56 hp is not a truckload of health. He died in the first round in my last playthrough. He didn't survive the 2d6 x 3 fire missiles cast by 3 of my characters. Of course, if you go there with 4 level 2s, might be tricky. But from level 3, it's kind of easy, even with reinforcements.

Last edited by Nyanko; 19/10/20 09:42 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I killed everyone else inside before going after the big boss, so no backup. Got into the rafters and fired all hell down upon them all. When big boss came up into the rafters to get us I had Lae'zel use her pull ability to pull big boss off the rafters. He fell all the way down into the spider pen. Splat!

enthusiast
enthusiast
No sneaky way to kill Warlord? KK bruh...

https://youtu.be/9JDTn52XZb0

Last edited by Gaidax; 19/10/20 11:47 AM.
O
journeyman
journeyman
O

li cannot stand how larian has made this game with a heavy bias towards ranged dps.

player melee is vastly underpowered.

i truly hate that throughout this game you are relagated to

get height advantage
and by doing so yoy take yourself out of melee rangr and are forced to spell or bow it up.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Range is too OP because going into melee doesn't mean the unit in front of you won't be able to disengage and shoot an arrow into your face on the same turn. This is where the real problem is. When you connect with melee, shooters should have a hard time escaping unless they are rogues.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Oldnight

li cannot stand how larian has made this game with a heavy bias towards ranged dps.

player melee is vastly underpowered.

i truly hate that throughout this game you are relagated to

get height advantage
and by doing so yoy take yourself out of melee rangr and are forced to spell or bow it up.

Let's be fair there a tad - in 5e melee overwhelmingly do ludicrous DPR. Sometimes twice of whatever best Ranged setup can do, if not more.

Melee has disadvantages for sure, but once you get there it's a carnage.

Link Copied to Clipboard