Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
As it stands now, one player might get one companion, and then has full control over them, while another player can't even talk to that companion and there is no way to change this. Why? This solution sucks for multiplayer, since you might lose out on companion stories and such. It's bad for storytelling!

addict
addict
Especially since Companions just randomly pop out of nowhere *cough gale *Cough* and he'll just talk to one of you at random.

old hand
old hand
So what happens if you just leave the conversation, in the case of Gale, for instance?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Just hit escape and go into the Session section. You can change who controls what party members at any time. It's super easy.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Razielim0420
Just hit escape and go into the Session section. You can change who controls what party members at any time. It's super easy.

They still don't talk to that other players avatar.

They can start talking a little bit IF you dismiss them then go to camp and have the other player ask "join me", but during cutscenes with that companion its the other player again, and ofc some things are locked but that might be a bug.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I'm not sure if this is possible, because i didn't think to try it while we were playing, but it would be cool if you could chain characters to players that weren't in control of them. My party of 3 took Laezel to be our tank, but we took turns for who controlled her, so if my friends warlock was controlling her, she ended up starting in the back of the fight. It would be better if he could chain her to me, the frontline light cleric, even when I wasn't in control of her for positioning. I'll have to test if that's already a thing next time we play.

Also I agree with you that it would be cool if all party members could socially interact with the companion. It would help them feel more lifelike in multiplayer.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yeah exactly!

Link Copied to Clipboard