Print Thread
#707408 19/10/20 07:57 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hey there!

I've had a genius idea concerning alcohol that would make it so much more fun and also consequential just as it is in reality.
My idea is simple:

The consumption of alcohol should impair the character socially, and it should take time to wear off.

Here's what I mean.
Right now, we drink alcohol and nothing really happens except the character makes a weird noise and gets "dizzy?" for 2 seconds or so.
What SHOULD happen is that the character drinks and maybe our screen get's a bit sharper and our hearing a bit clearer. That's the first stage.

The next stage is that our conversations start to get weird. we talk to our companions and they say something, we hear something else and respond to what we thought we heard which results in more dialogue that makes more or less sense depending on our dice rolls.

The final stage is that our characters start doing random things unless we make a wisdom saving throw. Not too sure about this one, but ultimately we pass out drunk and wake up the next day with hangovers and having to deal with the consequences of the night before like, finally gettting all my frustrations at Lae'zel out, or stealing the dohickey from Shadowheart and fiddling with it. Stupid stuff like that that could potentially ruffle feathers.

Of course, this doesn't all happen so quickly and the time between drinks can change things. There should still be a "sobriety gauge" but man, let's make alcohol more interactive. Of course these are just ideas, but I do have a trunk full of alcohol that's just sitting there collecting more bottles. :3

Thanks for reading.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
This seems like far, far too much work. Baldur’s Gate is not a game about the consequences of booze. Just a temporary status ailment is fine.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
True, but it would be fun to play with

Link Copied to Clipboard