Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Of course I may be completely off-base here because I don't know anything but the technicals, but I can't think that modding things is going to be healthy for the EA environment.
How is Larian going to pull metrics from our game data if it's been modified?
They're clearly working on establishing a baseline and tracking what the most popular character creation options are.
If the data comes back as incomplete or indecipherable somehow because changes have been made, this is going to do more harm than good during the data collection process.

Don't get me wrong, I'll 100% use this if it's live after official release on Steam, but as of right now it might be harmful to the process.

Pretty sure hairs are harmless as they are only cosmetic and from what I understand Larian was going to add them anyways. I do see the problem with playing as Origin characters though.

Last edited by Arideya; 16/10/20 07:04 PM.

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
apprentice
apprentice
if you are worried about the EA data just turn off your telemetry. I mean all this mod does is adds a pointer so that the character create ui allows you to chose the options that are already there in game same with the origin face and hair. I also dont see a cosmetic mod really anything of a problem as all the data is in game as is, i mean its for that reason im only releasing cosmetic mods out of respect for the developers as you can enable the origin characters to the start the game with as well as other things.

Last edited by AlanaSP; 16/10/20 07:09 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Really cool, thanks for the effort.

apprentice
apprentice
hotfix pushed out as it was brought to my attention about hair options being named as head ^_^ so i have fixed this and is in the 2.0.1 version

vometia Offline OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Of course I may be completely off-base here because I don't know anything but the technicals, but I can't think that modding things is going to be healthy for the EA environment.
They're clearly working on establishing a baseline and tracking what the most popular character creation options are.
If the data comes back as incomplete or indecipherable somehow because changes have been made, this is going to do more harm than good during the data collection process.

Don't get me wrong, I'll 100% use this if it's live after official release on Steam, but as of right now it might be harmful to the process.

It's a known issue which is why the modding forums aren't yet open. Stuff like this should be fairly harmless though, IMHO; and while I haven't yet got any official feedback, I suspect it's very likely that the devs/QA people/etc will have considered the likelihood that some people will try to mod the game from day one. So my personal opinion is stuff like this is okay: it's not like anyone is creating major add-ons with scripting and stuff like that.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by vometia

It's a known issue which is why the modding forums aren't yet open. Stuff like this should be fairly harmless though, IMHO; and while I haven't yet got any official feedback, I suspect it's very likely that the devs/QA people/etc will have considered the likelihood that some people will try to mod the game from day one. So my personal opinion is stuff like this is okay: it's not like anyone is creating major add-ons with scripting and stuff like that.

Makes sense. I didn't think it'd be a huge deal, but I just want the final product to be as good as possible so my "now hold on just a minute" switch got flipped, lol.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E

There is data to be collected though. I mean, if a significant number of people are using a particular mod, then it tells Larian that what's in game is insufficient, and gives them an idea of what players would prefer to see. Like tieflings not being weirdly limited on hairstyles.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by eikona

There is data to be collected though. I mean, if a significant number of people are using a particular mod, then it tells Larian that what's in game is insufficient, and gives them an idea of what players would prefer to see. Like tieflings not being weirdly limited on hairstyles.

Well technically they should see what options people pick with the mod as they are all vanilla ID for the models. As i assume they receive the data for the specific option rather than the id used.

Would be interesting to find out for sure tho

stranger
stranger
For some reason after downloading, Gith face 3 is gone? Have it happend to anyone?

P
stranger
stranger
P
This is a brilliant mod thank you so much <3 Do you think you'd be able to add the Half Elf/Drow Female Head 2 to Elves/Drows? A friend of mine really wants to play as a Drow but personally would like to use that head for them. I tried attempting it via mesh swap but I don't think the materials get applied properly this way, As I was going to do that until you add them as I saw you mentioning you were planning on it? Or did I misread that.

Thank you again <3

old hand
old hand
Wow you've added so much! Thanks a lot for doing all this.

journeyman
journeyman
The Asterion face for Drow came clutch. Now I can have a hot Drow man and this makes me too happy. I can't thank you enough for opening these up for is!

veteran
veteran
It's not mentioned on the list, but there are also new female tiefling faces which is awesome

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Lucketmi
For some reason after downloading, Gith face 3 is gone? Have it happend to anyone?

I will take a look see if i have accidentally broken it, i will be releasing a new version tonight anyways so if i have messed it up i will fix for todays release

mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by AlanaSP
Originally Posted by eikona

Well technically they should see what options people pick with the mod as they are all vanilla ID for the models. As i assume they receive the data for the specific option rather than the id used.

Would be interesting to find out for sure tho

Larian did comment on the lack of outrageous character designs a little time ago, so your mods should be helping with this!

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
enthusiast
enthusiast
I love you.

Edit: Please add some more faces to Drow females.

Last edited by Druid_NPC; 17/10/20 01:17 PM.

Necromancy is just recycling...
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Druid_NPC
I love you.

Edit: Please add some more faces to Drow females.

Check back later 😸

Last edited by AlanaSP; 17/10/20 06:39 PM.
stranger
stranger
Thank you very much, your mod is a god sent, i was rly disapointed with the options, now im pumped to play all over again!

apprentice
apprentice
Update 3 is now live adding new hairstyles, new face options as well as allowing elves & half-elves shared heads for more elf goodness smile.

Zevlor tiefling face option doesnt allow you to change the color of his eyes however he does have a rather burning stare :P

Last edited by AlanaSP; 17/10/20 10:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
Damn I already spend too much time at the character creator now this?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard