Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
T
stranger
stranger
T
Hey, first off: Thanks a lot for this mod, this is awesome!
I am struggling a bit to add/edit in new stuff though, maybe someone can point me to where I mess up?

For example, I am trying to add the female tiefling head 2 as a new female elf head with this code:

Code

<node id="CharacterCreationAppearanceVisual"><!--Tiefling Head2-->
                    <attribute id="DisplayName" type="FixedString" value="Tiefling Head2"/>
                    <attribute id="Gender" type="uint8" value="1"/>
                    <attribute id="RaceUUID" type="guid" value="6c038dcb-7eb5-431d-84f8-cecfaf1c0c5a"/>
                    <attribute id="RootTemplate" type="guid" value="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"/>
                    <attribute id="SlotName" type="FixedString" value="Head"/>
	            <attribute id="UUID" type="guid" value="a0f108fa-0288-4bba-9fda-e668e19e523b"/>
                    <attribute id="VisualResource" type="guid" value="afb26b92-f5ea-bf44-6dcf-c9172481781f"/>
                    </node>

The first 6 lines are from another elf - female head while the last two are taken from the tiefling - female head2.
The problem is the head doesn't show up in the game.
If I replace the UUID value with one of the modded heads that are already there (for example I use the UUID for the Shadowheart head that this mod adds to female elves, then female tiefling head2 will show up instead of Shadowheart's head in game.
So this narrows it down to the UUID line of the original tiefling head being the issue, but I just can't figure out what exactly the problem is or even where these UUID values are defined in the game files?

apprentice
apprentice
THANK YOU!

apprentice
apprentice
I don't suppose there's any chance you could do a regular male head no.6 but with the scars of the mercenary Aradin?

Cool if ya can't , just a thought. smile

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ThisIsUlb
Hey, first off: Thanks a lot for this mod, this is awesome!
I am struggling a bit to add/edit in new stuff though, maybe someone can point me to where I mess up?

For example, I am trying to add the female tiefling head 2 as a new female elf head with this code:

Code

<node id="CharacterCreationAppearanceVisual"><!--Tiefling Head2-->
                    <attribute id="DisplayName" type="FixedString" value="Tiefling Head2"/>
                    <attribute id="RaceUUID" type="guid" value="6c038dcb-7eb5-431d-84f8-cecfaf1c0c5a"/>
                    <attribute id="RootTemplate" type="guid" value="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"/>
	            <attribute id="UUID" type="guid" value="a0f108fa-0288-4bba-9fda-e668e19e523b"/>
                    <attribute id="VisualResource" type="guid" value="afb26b92-f5ea-bf44-6dcf-c9172481781f"/>
                    </node>

The first 6 lines are from another elf - female head while the last two are taken from the tiefling - female head2.
The problem is the head doesn't show up in the game.
If I replace the UUID value with one of the modded heads that are already there (for example I use the UUID for the Shadowheart head that this mod adds to female elves, then female tiefling head2 will show up instead of Shadowheart's head in game.
So this narrows it down to the UUID line of the original tiefling head being the issue, but I just can't figure out what exactly the problem is or even where these UUID values are defined in the game files?

Code
        <node id="CharacterCreationAppearanceVisual">
                    <attribute id="DisplayName" type="FixedString" value="★ Tiefling Head 2"/>
                    <attribute id="UUID" type="guid" value="0c81fa16-19fe-4d9b-9e28-dc903bfdcf6b"/>
                </node>

Copy this code into your file and it should work, To understand why basically the UUID is a unique id string so that the game can reference the entry since we are adding a id for something new we just need to create a new unique id - https://guidgenerator.com/online-guid-generator.aspx , if the UUID is repeated it doesnt show up in the options due to the ID being taken already.

Last edited by AlanaSP; 19/10/20 07:46 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
hello, first thanks a lot for the mod.

And, do you think it's possible to do a kind of similar work on starting outfit ?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by AlanaSP

Copy this code into your file and it should work, To understand why basically the UUID is a unique id string so that the game can reference the entry since we are adding a id for something new we just need to create a new unique id - https://guidgenerator.com/online-guid-generator.aspx , if the UUID is repeated it doesnt show up in the options due to the ID being taken already.

Ah thank you, i wasn't sure if you could just randomly create a number or if there was some logic behind it, this clears it up.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Mclyde

And, do you think it's possible to do a kind of similar work on starting outfit ?

I was about to ask the same smile

I suspect it wouldn't be possible though, at least not in the way it works with heads since we have only one option for a starting outfit per class. While it would probably be possible to mod what starting gear a class has, it won't let us choose between various armors.
I might be completely wrong though...

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
thank you, this is really nice

T
stranger
stranger
T

Thank you so much! You are awesome! smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Kendaric
While it would probably be possible to mod what starting gear a class has, it won't let us choose between various armors.
I might be completely wrong though...

Yea that's what i meant. Just changing the starter outfits for each class for more "interesting" ones visually. SInce allowing us to choose the starting outfit would be a whole other lvl of work.

Last edited by Mclyde; 19/10/20 09:57 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
So version 3.2 is now out and is available via nexus mods. Currently the mod now contains entries for all early access options which accounts for 165 options across the base playable races. At this point im looking at what to start next, i may start a new thread with a poll or something with some ideas but until there is a content update then this mod is pretty much done. Im also considering a spin off fork with custom stuff as well as looking into seeing if there are locked options for beards and tattoos and possible make mods for those.

thanks to everyone for the super kind responses, if you guys have more suggestions on what you wanna see next whether its this mod or an alternative then let me know smile

Last edited by AlanaSP; 19/10/20 03:11 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Hey guys!
Sorry for the noob question, but I have a problem with the insertation.
I installed the game with steam and I have varias different folders for the game installation but I can't find the "Data" folder in any of them!
I also searched my whole PC for the "CharacterCreationAppearanceVisuals.lsx" to find the original location but it didn't show any results..

Where is my mistake? What did I do wrong?
Can anyone help?

vometia Offline OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Habo
Hey guys!
Sorry for the noob question, but I have a problem with the insertation.
I installed the game with steam and I have varias different folders for the game installation but I can't find the "Data" folder in any of them!
I also searched my whole PC for the "CharacterCreationAppearanceVisuals.lsx" to find the original location but it didn't show any results..

Where is my mistake? What did I do wrong?
Can anyone help?

The data folder should be in your Steam directory under steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate 3 (I'm not sure about the apostrophe, I entered the name manually for my installation). You won't find the lsx file as it's normally stored in a pak archive which makes it invisible to Windows searches, but the mod will override it as long as you install it in the correct place.

J'aime le fromage.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Oh thank you verry verry much! It worked!
You literally saved us! 😍

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
So version 3.2 is now out and is available via nexus mods. Currently the mod now contains entries for all early access options which accounts for 165 options across the base playable races. At this point im looking at what to start next, i may start a new thread with a poll or something with some ideas but until there is a content update then this mod is pretty much done. Im also considering a spin off fork with custom stuff as well as looking into seeing if there are locked options for beards and tattoos and possible make mods for those.

thanks to everyone for the super kind responses, if you guys have more suggestions on what you wanna see next whether its this mod or an alternative then let me know smile

Tattoos!! I have been dying for some good tattoos. I would have already been fiddling with adding my own, but I've been just too busy with medical problems and doctor's visits to figure out if there is a way to add entirely visuals.

In fact I sent Larian feedback on their launcher about how their tattoos were lame, and they failed by providing no piercing/facial jewelry options., lol

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by eikona

Tattoos!! I have been dying for some good tattoos. I would have already been fiddling with adding my own, but I've been just too busy with medical problems and doctor's visits to figure out if there is a way to add entirely visuals.

In fact I sent Larian feedback on their launcher about how their tattoos were lame, and they failed by providing no piercing/facial jewelry options., lol

There is jewellery references in the files so maybe down the line i believe the character customisation will be a tad more in-depth by the end of early access.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Hi, this mod looks like it'll be so amazing and took a lot of time thank you so much for this! I was waiting to get the game until they released some more updates but now I might give it a shot. I did want to ask though by saying that "now contains all early access options" does this mean that you've been able to add in some of the male hairstyles for the females? Or that by using the mod we could go in a try to fit them on the female heads? Thanks again for working so hard on this it must have taken awhile you're amazing!

Last edited by KoalaBe; 19/10/20 07:44 PM. Reason: Typo
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by KoalaBe
Hi, this mod looks like it'll be so amazing and took a lot of time thank you so much for this! I was waiting to get the game until they released some more updates but now I might give it a shot. I did want to ask though by saying that "now contains all early access options" does this mean that you've been able to add in some of the male hairstyles for the females? Or that by using the mod we could go in a try to fit them on the female heads? Thanks again for working so hard on this it must have taken awhile you're amazing!

currently it only adds the additional options in the game files for each specific race that doesnt need modification so basically whatever you choose will stick regardless of uninstall. im currently looking into hair options across genders however at this moment i havent included due to hair being not aligned with the females smaller frame. this will come eventually but im more looking it to understand how everything works at this moment in time as im also looking into accessories which are also in the file but no defined slot in the character customizer.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by JesusDied
It is possible and very easy to do (figured out how to do these things for myself). However, the issue is that you will have human ears, which elves and tieflings don't have. So it would look weird. Elven faces for tieflings are much better options since they both have pointy ears so it won't look off when you have elven heads for tieflings.
I would share my file, but since the mod isn't originally mine, I can't do it. Here is the tutorial if you wish on how to do those things yourself (hopefully, it is easy to follow):

Edit: Fixed a few grammar mistakes.

So I followed these steps pretty much exactly trying to get Gale's face available on a Half-Elf, but when I load up the game it just says "nothing available" for every head. Any suggestions?

#707715 19/10/20 11:44 PM
vometia Offline OP
Duchess of Gorgombert
OP Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
There have been a number of discussions and comments about modding BG3 recently. I have asked for Larian's official line on this and have received the following reply; thanks to Jess for the clarification. I guess it won't hurt to reply here but what follows (the bolded bit is the Discord announcement) is the current position.

"Modding is not currently supported by Larian and it will not be for the duration of Early Access. We know you are going to do it anyway, but please mod at your own risk. With the nature of Early Access many things are subject to sudden change and if you encounter issues creating or applying mods, our support team will not be able to assist you."

So, if people are looking for a spot to talk about modding BG3, they are welcome to head to the Discord and chat in the channel there. And then once we get to full release we can discuss creating a modding section for BG3 on the forums.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard