Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#708400 20/10/20 12:01 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've noticed that concentration seems to break simply by taking damage, rather than it being a CON check like in 5E. The combat tracker certainly doesnt show that anything has been rolled. anyone else notice this or know if larian have simply removed the Concentration check rule?

journeyman
journeyman
Concentration checks seem to be in game, just not in the combat log (where they should show). But I've seen a dice rolling above a character's/enemy's head when taking damage, and only on a failed result it says concentration is broken. I'm putting this on early access right now, but the UI definitely should be improved. If I didn't know D&D 5th edition already pretty well, I'd be quite confused on how the hell these mechanics work.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by TheSatanicForce
I've noticed that concentration seems to break simply by taking damage, rather than it being a CON check like in 5E. The combat tracker certainly doesnt show that anything has been rolled. anyone else notice this or know if larian have simply removed the Concentration check rule?

Originally Posted by Mythago
Concentration checks seem to be in game, just not in the combat log (where they should show). But I've seen a dice rolling above a character's/enemy's head when taking damage, and only on a failed result it says concentration is broken. I'm putting this on early access right now, but the UI definitely should be improved. If I didn't know D&D 5th edition already pretty well, I'd be quite confused on how the hell these mechanics work.

What I noticed is that a failed die check appears overhead when concentration is broken, but nothing seems apparent when concentration isn't.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Osiris0716

What I noticed is that a failed die check appears overhead when concentration is broken, but nothing seems apparent when concentration isn't.

Ah, right. I hadn't paid too much attention to it, except to notice concentration checks are in the game in some form.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Im pretty sure i lost concentration with every prone ... does that count?

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
I will have to try and pay more attention in my next run. But I do recall saving often, the environmental ground effects make keeping a con check especially annoying as you are doing a few back to back.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard