Print Thread
#708871 20/10/20 04:35 PM
S
Sachael Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So we have evil drows - Llolth and Dark Seldarine, but not the good drow of Eilistraee. Both current drow variants have "evil" racial dialogue variants only. Would you consider having Eilistraee drows?

journeyman
journeyman
Well, I don't really know anything for sure. But many of the races and classes are not yet in the game, and more subraces/subclasses for current ones are quite likely to be added at some point. Nobody knows which ones, though. But I agree, Eilistraee for drow would be a nice addition.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
I believe the 2nd drow selection are the non evil drow.

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by Sachael
So we have evil drows - Llolth and Dark Seldarine, but not the good drow of Eilistraee. Both current drow variants have "evil" racial dialogue variants only. Would you consider having Eilistraee drows?

Its not a race, its a religion. Eilistraee is a goddess.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Hachina
Originally Posted by Sachael

Its not a race, its a religion. Eilistraee is a goddess.

Yes, but it is strange, that we have selection of drow subrace, but all dialogs assumes, that we selected the "evil" one. But I am pretty sure, it will be fixed till the end of EA

T
addict
addict
T
Seldarine Drow ARE the good Drow. But yes I have already complained that Seldarine and Lloth-Sworn Drow dialogue should NOT be the same.

Especially since they are mechanically identical.

That said, mechanically, I'd say that most Seldarine Drow would be better statted as Wood or High Elves, but we wouldn't get the right dialogue if we did that.

Then again...we aren't getting the right dialogue for Seldarine Drow currently. Soooooo...

Last edited by Thrythlind; 20/10/20 06:28 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Personally I don't like being restricted to either Lolth sworn or Seldarine Drow. The Drow character I want to play is absolutely not Lolth sworn, but he is far from being a nice guy, not to say following one of the Seldarine. The Drow tagged dialogue choices don't always offer such a direction and are usually either full Lolth sworn or decidedly "I'm not like them" respectively. I hope that this will become a little more nuanced until full release, but when in doubt there's always multi-player where I can role play my character the way I want towards the other 3 players at least.

Qc terxepssrw evi jypp sj aiewipw. Mrjsvq xli uyiir ws xlex wli qmklx wlss xliq eaec. Livi ai ks 'vsyrh xli qypfivvc fywl. Ks, qsroic, KS!
enthusiast
enthusiast
No good dark elves here, only Lloth Drow and Seldarine Drow... not Dark Seldarine, mind you, just any other god(dess) but the spider queen. There also isn't even an actual good Drow faction in Fearun anymore, since the whole "Elistraee freeing Drow from Lloth's influence, turning them into dark skinned, good surface Evles" thing was retconned with the Second Sundering. That being said: You don't have to choose the "evil" Drow lines... you can just play a good natured character.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Kasai
Personally I don't like being restricted to either Lolth sworn or Seldarine Drow. The Drow character I want to play is absolutely not Lolth sworn, but he is far from being a nice guy, not to say following one of the Seldarine. The Drow tagged dialogue choices don't always offer such a direction and are usually either full Lolth sworn or decidedly "I'm not like them" respectively. I hope that this will become a little more nuanced until full release, but when in doubt there's always multi-player where I can role play my character the way I want towards the other 3 players at least.

Seldarine Drow have several non-Seldarine god options including evil gods like Bane available to them as clerics.

In this case, "Seldarine Drow" just means "drow that aren't connected to Lloth".

I do wish Vhaerun was an option...granted I'd never play an evil character (I just don't find it fun) but would be nice for other people to have the option.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I want dark seldarine, more than anything, or just Vhaeraun. Perhaps evil, but not Lolth aligned drow.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I mean, if you really wanted to you could even roll a Good Aligned Lolth Sworn.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kou The Mad
I mean, if you really wanted to you could even roll a Good Aligned Lolth Sworn.

Nope, not in this game: No alignments... wink You can always ignore the obviously evil conversation options, though.

T
addict
addict
T
Apparently on the twitch Q&A Larian said Alignment was going to be added to character creation because people asked for it, but, in keeping with 5e, it will largely be cosmetic.

That said, good-aligned Lloth-sworn are possible. It is entirely possible to be lovingly devoted to an abusive, toxic personality.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
Apparently on the twitch Q&A Larian said Alignment was going to be added to character creation because people asked for it, but, in keeping with 5e, it will largely be cosmetic.

That said, good-aligned Lloth-sworn are possible. It is entirely possible to be lovingly devoted to an abusive, toxic personality.

Did you see it? https://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/races/elf/drow2.shtml
I cannot imagine not only goodness, but even a neutral cleric of Lolth.

I would like to play as an evil drow, but not as a drow Lolth, she is too evil even for me. Eilistraee, on the contrary, is too good, she is ideal for a good passage. Hmm,,

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
I do wish Vhaerun was an option...granted I'd never play an evil character (I just don't find it fun) but would be nice for other people to have the option.

Originally Posted by Soulcatcher30
I want dark seldarine, more than anything, or just Vhaeraun. Perhaps evil, but not Lolth aligned drow.

Yes. So annoying having Eilistraee and not Vhaeraun as well.

veteran
veteran

This is not "good" at all.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Rule of thumb in the forgotten realms - See Drow = kill or run away

I am unsure a farmhand or blacksmith is going to go for a quick chat with a random Drow to determine his religious ideology on the off chance he/she lands in the 0.01% of "one of the good ones". A solitary Drow would almost certainly be a scout to size up a village or towns defences before a raid and any accompanying non-Drow would be assumed slaves or allies of Seldarine Drow.

I think the current Drow conversations are okay but the likely reaction would be a mob of clinkers charging after you with pitchforks. A disguise would be pretty much mandatory for free movement.

Link Copied to Clipboard