Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Oct 2020
V
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
V
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Originally Posted by Stray952
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
Originally Posted by Stray952
1d10+2 plus 1d8 for colossus slayer is only 2-20.
Dual wielding scimitars with CS and hunters mark you can dish out 4d6+5+1d8 that’s 10 to 37... or more functionally about 14-30 since anything higher or lower falls into almost impossibly low chances, and there’s a pretty flat part of the curve from 17 to 26.

So... idk a team of four people should be able to one-shot goblins when you’re fighting like a dozen of them.

Sounds like your issue is with the sneak system, which is clearly not finished.

The reason colossus slayer doesn’t work properly now is because it adds a separate attack, instead of a condition. So your first hit always triggers the second attack. I mean, delaying it by 1 turn isn’t going to change the outcome of a battle, once again it just enables you to stay permanently stealthed... which is a stealth issue. You can knock a goblin with just a bow, archery and hunters mark.

Relax the stealth system isn’t done yet. It’s EA so if you don’t like that aspect just don’t abuse it. I know that’s not a great answer, but you see the same thing when people complain about smithing exploit in Bannerlord... if you want to RP, just impose some restrictions on yourself.



Just reminding that advocating for self-cripple and using it as an excuse is not a solution for bad game design/implementation. Yes, we all know it's EA so it's better to refrain from playing the same card a million times over to try and invalidate any negative comments/feedback about the current state of the game because is just gonna feel that you want to control the whole narrative and silence people.

For me it's like if they packaged the game with cheat engine and told me: here's this "fun" tool. You are entitled to use it or not if you feel like it. I would prefer if the whole D:OS cheat system was implemented as an optional quality of life feature like they did with GIFT BAGS on D:OS2 instead of being a complete forced integration and building encounters and mechanics around it.


*shrug*
Just trying to inject some calm to this generally toxic forum.

Don’t drive your car out of the shop when it’s only got two wheels on it and then call the shop your car has bad handling and their craftsmanship sucks. The stealth system is one of the things that has very obviously not been finished.

If they haven’t had time to finish the stealth, they don’t have time to build a cheat module. Early Access is absolutely an excuse for a game to be incomplete, by its definition.


How was this thread toxic?

Colossal Slayer is literally not functioning as it is described, its not meant to work on enemies at full HP.

OFC melee builds should do more damage because you are also prone to being hit back.

I've literally tried the same thing with both Astsrion and such a Ranger, the ranger reliably 1 shots most enemies. Astarion 1 shots less than half because the rogue and sneak damage is lower at levels 1-4.

Colossal Slayer will still be OP at level 5+ which is ok as everyone gets more powerful then (compare to fireball for example). It is not meant to be this powerful at level 1-4, as you are meant to damage an enemy with a normal hit before it works.

It is currently as good as it should be at level 5 but right as soon as you unlock it and trivializes normal mobs throughout the first act.



This is your opinion. With how bad rangers are in the PHB, a little extra damage in a game is literally no big deal. Im so sick of this "I like it harder and dont want any advantage" as a player. Its a video game. Its not an amazing accomplishment that you play it. You dont like how that function works, dont use that class. Youre jealous that your Rogue isnt doing the same damage at 1-4 as a ranger, just wait for full release and watch what happens to these classes at level 9. Im sure there will be plenty of difficulty settings to appease your life goal of beating a game, so you have value. There are so many other things that need to be addressed, that this is trivial. An extra 4-5 damage isnt game breaking. Its like the people complaining about healing spirit in Adventures League that caused it to be nerfed. I just hate this. Im so over it. Hey the Ranger is OP at level 4 by a hit dice and modifier, get over it. at most right now thats 12 dmg, an average of 7 dmg. Goblins have 3 times the HP of the PHB, where is your complaining about that? Get over your self and enjoy a small boost from the class that was worthless in 5e D&D. A level 4 boost that again with level 5 double attacks, which they will nerf the application on the second attack and you know it, im not worried about 7 extra dmg on average. GFY.

Joined: Jul 2014
O
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
O
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by Vekkares


This is your opinion. With how bad rangers are in the PHB, a little extra damage in a game is literally no big deal. Im so sick of this "I like it harder and dont want any advantage" as a player. Its a video game. Its not an amazing accomplishment that you play it. You dont like how that function works, dont use that class. Youre jealous that your Rogue isnt doing the same damage at 1-4 as a ranger, just wait for full release and watch what happens to these classes at level 9. Im sure there will be plenty of difficulty settings to appease your life goal of beating a game, so you have value. There are so many other things that need to be addressed, that this is trivial. An extra 4-5 damage isnt game breaking. Its like the people complaining about healing spirit in Adventures League that caused it to be nerfed. I just hate this. Im so over it. Hey the Ranger is OP at level 4 by a hit dice and modifier, get over it. at most right now thats 12 dmg, an average of 7 dmg. Goblins have 3 times the HP of the PHB, where is your complaining about that? Get over your self and enjoy a small boost from the class that was worthless in 5e D&D. A level 4 boost that again with level 5 double attacks, which they will nerf the application on the second attack and you know it, im not worried about 7 extra dmg on average. GFY.



A lot of us are complaining about the enemies having too high of hitpoint values.... but this is literally a bug

step back from the ledge a bit, a player is reporting a bug during early access

Joined: Oct 2020
S
stranger
Offline
stranger
S
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Zahur
While Colossus Slayer does not stack whith Hunter's Mark nor is applied to off-hand attacks there is nothing OP about it. Actually I've written simple Monte carlo fight simulator in Python and the most damaging class are now Strength Thief with Handaxes, next is same build but Beastmaster with Giant Spider and finally until he has a spell slots, Wizard with The Sapphire Spark casting Magic Missiles. Hunter are far far away in terms of pure and sustainable damage per round.



That's testing sustainable damage. With a Hunter because you one shot from stealth and range you don't actually get in combat. So sure other classes might be more powerful in combat, but being able to one shot most trash enemies and avoid combat is quite good. One hunter can solo the entire goblin camp from range without taking a single hit and doesn't have to poison them first. It's certainly not bad.

Joined: Oct 2020
V
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
V
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Spideyknight
Originally Posted by Zahur
While Colossus Slayer does not stack whith Hunter's Mark nor is applied to off-hand attacks there is nothing OP about it. Actually I've written simple Monte carlo fight simulator in Python and the most damaging class are now Strength Thief with Handaxes, next is same build but Beastmaster with Giant Spider and finally until he has a spell slots, Wizard with The Sapphire Spark casting Magic Missiles. Hunter are far far away in terms of pure and sustainable damage per round.



That's testing sustainable damage. With a Hunter because you one shot from stealth and range you don't actually get in combat. So sure other classes might be more powerful in combat, but being able to one shot most trash enemies and avoid combat is quite good. One hunter can solo the entire goblin camp from range without taking a single hit and doesn't have to poison them first. It's certainly not bad.


Again, so what? Its trash mobs, you are sniping from the shadows..............Where is your problem here? Again its low HP enemies and its from the shadows. Guess you havent read about sharpshooter. When they implement you being able to hit from 600 feet, I dont know how much your head will explode. It plays into Rogue as well. He hides in the shadows, kills bad guy, hides in the shadows undetected..........This entire argument is just dumb. "Hey guys its a bug that stealth works as intended." Again get over yourself. I look forward to CS and HM working at the same time, so I can snipe trash mobs from the shadows. Lol youre ridiculous. qq "guys my hiding and sniping worked too well" qq. They havent figured out how apply CS on its own yet, so really your argument is the (at most) +4 modifier being added, which balances HM not being applied. Why its like the developers learned something was an issue and made a work around why they figure it out. Good thing youre here to make sure no one does extra damage.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by coredumped
Just wait until someone calls for an HP buff on enemies as a solution to the problem laugh

They already did that to most Goblins lol. Goblins have 2d6 hp in the MM, some of the "boss" or guard goblins have upwards of 18-20. I think they treat them as humanoids and the higher level gobs have a few more HP. It kinda makes sense "too easy? just tack on another level to a few of the monsters.. these are the veterans"

Last edited by pill0ws; 21/10/20 04:06 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
V
stranger
Offline
stranger
V
Joined: Oct 2020
I'm curious, why would a strength rogue hit harder than dexterity based rogue?

On topic, I don't think Colossus Slayer is overpowered as is, but it makes sense to fix it. Having said that, they should also fix Hunter's Mark not stacking with Colossus Slayer.

Joined: Oct 2020
C
CMF Offline
member
Offline
member
C
Joined: Oct 2020
Maybe because a str rogue can equip str based weapons that tend to do more dmg than fineness? I don't know if that is totally true, but at first glance there are more options with str based weapons with say, the sickles doing 2d4 vs a 1d8 rapier (minimum you will ever do is now 2), or no dex based 2-handers that I saw. This is an incomplete picture because of +1/2/3 and so on weapons and dual wielding or what have you, but I guess that is what they are getting at?

As far as colossus not stacking with hunter mark, I didn't know that. Should it stack and that is a bug, or is that a reason to pick, say entangling strike instead so that they don't interfere with each other's effects and provides different builds? Reliable extra 1d6 vs concentration based 1d6 effect.

Just tested it in game, Initial attack applies hunters mark as expected, and then a separate attack hits for colossus right afterwards. I think this is working as intended? Unless you mean to say Colossus should also get an additional 1d6 from hunters mark as well as the initial attack. I am on the side that thinks a proc should not trigger additional procs of previous effects, otherwise you could create a loop of instakill and that is unbalanced.

Last edited by CMF; 02/11/20 03:17 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
V
stranger
Offline
stranger
V
Joined: Oct 2020
When I had last checked, I could either get hunter's mark or colossus slayer to proc, but not both. Any time hunter's mark was up, colossus slayer stopped working. I'll have to go back and see if it is still the case.. Maybe it was patched? Or maybe it was an intermittent problem.

Joined: Oct 2020
V
stranger
Offline
stranger
V
Joined: Oct 2020
Interestingly enough, I went back and checked, and not only is the combination of hunter's mark and colossus slayer mostly working now, it seems this combo actually prevents colossus slayer from working on full health enemies. In my (somewhat limited) testing I did over the past ~30 minutes, the only time colossus slayer still triggered on a full health enemy when hunter's mark was up was on a crit. When hunter's mark is down, colossus slayer triggers even on full health enemies. This is different from the last time I checked shortly after EA release, so I suspect they are fiddling with it.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by viridianvex
Interestingly enough, I went back and checked, and not only is the combination of hunter's mark and colossus slayer mostly working now, it seems this combo actually prevents colossus slayer from working on full health enemies. In my (somewhat limited) testing I did over the past ~30 minutes, the only time colossus slayer still triggered on a full health enemy when hunter's mark was up was on a crit. When hunter's mark is down, colossus slayer triggers even on full health enemies. This is different from the last time I checked shortly after EA release, so I suspect they are fiddling with it.


Maybe they silently fixed it? I already saw some fixes lately, e.g. better skill list in character creator. I guess we should include EA build number to all bug and feedback reports or it will be total mess lately.

Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn
The whole "relax, it's early access" crowd reminds me of World of Warcraft betas. "It's only beta, it's fine!" Then the crap goes live, broken.

No, it's perfectly legit to bring it up now and to keep bringing it up til it's fixed.


This post needs to be pinned.


Verily it is written that the Omnissiah grants his blessing to those who come well-equipped with explosives. -Aphorisms 96.9
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Ok, I tested it in current v4.1.85.5707. Now it's broken in totally different way. Hunter's Mark bonus is added to both normal attack and Colossus Slayer extra damage. Also when you critically hit, the damage is doubled for both normal attack and colossus slayer, which is good. But Hunter's Mark in not doubled. Every dice shoud be doubled when you critically hit.

[Linked Image]

EDIT: In fact, due to the two bugs, the resulting damage is actually good, haha. 1d6 and another 1d6 for Hunters Mark is same as doubled 2d6 Hunter Mark damage. But you get 1d6+1d6 Hunter Mark damage even when you dont crit.

2nd EDIT: And I have a theory why Colossus Slayer works on full HP enemies. It's again due to the Colossus Slayer damage is done in separate instance. The first normal attack reduce HP and then Colossus Slayer is checked. If you did at least 1 damage by normal attack then Colossus Slayer is triggered and added.

Last edited by Zahur; 02/11/20 06:25 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
And I have another observation. Colossus Slayer is trigger only by main attacks, more precisely the attack buttons on the left side. Bonus action attack with off hand doesn't trigger it. The most interesting part is this: When you dual wield, the main attack button does in fact use both Action + Bonus action and performs both attacks. This will trigger Colossus Slayer. But when you attack with Bonus action first and separately, the main attack button becames disabled. You are still able to just left click on enemy and it does perform standard attack action but since the standard attack button is disabled, it is not counted as true standard attack action and Colossus will not trigger.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5