Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#709803 21/10/20 03:08 AM
OP Offline
First goblin battle, cast grease to make the enemy fall. But then after combat when everything is peaceful, villager falls and all of a sudden the whole town is trying to kill us... I would think that slipping on some battle terrain, they would understand that I wasn't trying to make them fall down....

Vortex138 #710210 21/10/20 11:15 AM
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Yuo, like many ground effects, they need a timer before wearing off ; fire is generally unresponsive and got weird behavior ; sometimes timer works fine, sometime fire is infinite...

Same for acid and grease.

I think passively harmful surfaces (fire, acid, ice, web and grease) need to wear off quickly after some turns, to avoid issues like you described. wink

Vortex138 #710329 21/10/20 12:37 PM
Yeah, would also be nice if the blood disappeared and the poison as well when you kill spiders. The game right now is EA for a reason. I would assume at some point the ground effects will fade or at least lose their effects. As far as acid splash is concerned it still says you stepped in acid, but it never damages you. It is however something the developers should strongly look into to avoid issues in the future.

Vortex138 #710368 21/10/20 01:04 PM
OP Offline
Oh, I do realize it's EA. sorry if my tone sounded whiny. Didn't mean it to be. smile Just bringing this to their attention, since going through the goblin fight, saving most of the guys out front, then having them turn on you. As well as the whole village when they didn't even see what happened. Lol! Everyone just hates us. :P

Ghost King #710467 21/10/20 02:09 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Ghost King
As far as acid splash is concerned it still says you stepped in acid, but it never damages you.

I thought acid is not ment to damage you but lower your AC by 2 or so. I feel like I saw this somewhere written ingame but I am not sure.

Taita #710476 21/10/20 02:14 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Taita
Originally Posted by Ghost King
As far as acid splash is concerned it still says you stepped in acid, but it never damages you.

I thought acid is not ment to damage you but lower your AC by 2 or so. I feel like I saw this somewhere written ingame but I am not sure.

Yes, I read the same. I also hope that the ground effects will wear off eventually in the game. If there happens to be a bottle or barrel of water available it can wash away grease at least. I assume it would do the same for acid.

Vortex138 #711101 21/10/20 07:09 PM
OP Offline
Yes, it does and collect as many water bottles as you can. You can throw them to get rid of fire, acid and grease. Good mechanic, but yea, either have the effects wear off after battles, or unless you are in battle with the target, they understand, it was just left over from the battle. Irritated with you, but not wanting to kill you. :P

Vortex138 #711883 22/10/20 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by Vortex138
Oh, I do realize it's EA. sorry if my tone sounded whiny. Didn't mean it to be. smile Just bringing this to their attention, since going through the goblin fight, saving most of the guys out front, then having them turn on you. As well as the whole village when they didn't even see what happened. Lol! Everyone just hates us. :P

No, no, you were alright. I wasn't implying you were being whiny or anything. smile

Text is hard to convey intention at times. I was just saying not to expect polished conditions for such things at the current time. I do feel your pain though, for I am annoyed by getting into fights and the like, for one I some how triggered the entire goblin camp by summoning the three Ogres into the Hobgoblin fight. It seems after you kill him all the goblins just activate and rush you. I think it is a bug or using that horn triggers them, but strangely at least via the map all the goblins were flagged as yellow until after his death every time. Also if you do for some reason use the Ogres instead of just killing the big lug for his crown of intellect, they seem to randomly pick their entrance and can get bugged and not do anything at all.

Suffice to say, you aren't the only one rubbing your forehead in frustration as you get the, "Oh, crap! How'd that happen!?" moments. Just thought I would clarify though that I was not implying negativity in my previous post however. Sorry if it came off as such.

Link Copied to Clipboard