Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
I've murderised him several different ways. The traditional way, shoving them into the nearby pit, exploding them with barrels and a very long distance shot, and the classing 'beat the snot out of him while he's magically held'. All three times with no witnesses (I blew up the audience with some of those aforementioned barrels), and unlike Minthara the goblins turn hostile when they die. Hell, I botched the barrel blasting with Minthara and despite surviving she's still remained friendly so long as she didn't see where the burning arrow came from.

I assume it's hard coded to set the goblins to hostile when the bugbear dies, which is very annoying when no-one should even be aware he's dead, much less who did it. Assuming I didn't miss an in game explanation.

veteran
veteran
Nope, you can't sneak kill him. I mean you can, but you have to sacrifice story cohesiveness

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Do you though? Halsin explains you need to kill the leaders and the goblin organisation will implode-I would understand if you kill him, leave, return, and the goblins are infighting and attack you on sight too, but it feels very much a 'flag triggered, fight time' thing at the moment.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, out of the three leaders he's the only one I didn't find a way to kill in a "discreet" manner.

Last edited by Tuco; 21/10/20 12:37 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I was wondering if it was possible. I did discover a way to get Gut isolated, even if it does require making a series of terrible life decisions. The Drow can be killed "discreetly" if you tell them exactly where the grove is - you can't lie, even with a passed Deception check, because the story is on rails and she says "you fool, we know it's not there. Come back with the real location". It's also a little bit stupid because you have to leave Halesin in the dungeon to go defeat the drow and horde at the gate. It would be real fucking handy to have him there, but nope.

This is a real problem, because I have absolutely no friggin' interest in a 3 hour fight against 30 goblins, and the stupid fucking druid isn't leaving without all of them dead.

veteran
veteran
You can kill the drow without alerting the whole camp even without giving the location to her (or bedding her).

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Yeah it's problem because if you attack him before taking out the rest of the temple goes hostile and the game hangs. Or doesn't actually hang but take so long to get everyone in position that it might as well have stopped.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
You can kill the drow without alerting the whole camp even without giving the location to her (or bedding her).

Good to know.

I tried killing Gut in her study just off the main chamber, she alerts the entire base with a "Call for Help", without any apparent need for the enemy to make perception checks. After that and seeing how many enemies were near the Drow, and the alarm drum, and the opening to other guards by the Worg pen, I naturally assumed the fight would be loud and alert everyone.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I really hope they are going to fix this. I broke all the war drum and tried everything in my power not to alert the rest of the goblins but they just turn hostile, even if no one saw a thing. This doesn't make any sense and invalidate the decision of not bringing Halsin with you because you want to do it with discretion.
Might as well have a murderous bear at my side if I have to fight all the goblins camp no matter what.

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by Tuco

Good to know.

I tried killing Gut in her study just off the main chamber, she alerts the entire base with a "Call for Help", without any apparent need for the enemy to make perception checks. After that and seeing how many enemies were near the Drow, and the alarm drum, and the opening to other guards by the Worg pen, I naturally assumed the fight would be loud and alert everyone.

IIRC I did command: Halt on her, and then shanked her down. I might have used Sleep once her health dropped enough too, but you *can* bring her down and it doesn't alert everybody. Dror is the only one that will always trip a flag when he dies.

D
stranger
stranger
D
For Shaman you can just allow her to proceed with her cure on you and you will end up with her and one other NPC pretty much alone, so you can take her out there without problems.
For Drow you just need to take out group of 3 goblins in surrounding room next to the doors (one archer moves around from that room to the balcony near Drow) and later on just don't allow them to use drums.
Dror Ragzlin is bugged, because script for global hostility just starts the moment he dies. So I won't matter how you will do it.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by DZs7
For Shaman you can just allow her to proceed with her cure on you and you will end up with her and one other NPC pretty much alone, so you can take her out there without problems.
For Drow you just need to take out group of 3 goblins in surrounding room next to the doors (one archer moves around from that room to the balcony near Drow) and later on just don't allow them to use drums.
Dror Ragzlin is bugged, because script for global hostility just starts the moment he dies. So I won't matter how you will do it.

+1

But you need to down Gut fast or she alerts the entire temple as others have noted. Kind of annoying. Go to all the effort of getting her alone, close the door, and still end up fighting the entire temple if you can't DPS or control her down fast enough. She also alerts the nearby Zhent agents.

First time I fought the Drow I started by breaking the drum which alerted them instantly. One of the goblins still ran up and used it.. broken.. and alerted the entire temple. While it was hilarious watching him bang on the air over the shattered pieces of the drum, the resulting chaos was not so great.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
I've murderised him several different ways. The traditional way, shoving them into the nearby pit, exploding them with barrels and a very long distance shot, and the classing 'beat the snot out of him while he's magically held'. All three times with no witnesses (I blew up the audience with some of those aforementioned barrels), and unlike Minthara the goblins turn hostile when they die. Hell, I botched the barrel blasting with Minthara and despite surviving she's still remained friendly so long as she didn't see where the burning arrow came from.

I assume it's hard coded to set the goblins to hostile when the bugbear dies, which is very annoying when no-one should even be aware he's dead, much less who did it. Assuming I didn't miss an in game explanation.

It might be because he is in a main room of a sort. The others can be taken care of in out of the way locations.

Originally Posted by Duriel15

But you need to down Gut fast or she alerts the entire temple as others have noted. Kind of annoying. Go to all the effort of getting her alone, close the door, and still end up fighting the entire temple if you can't DPS or control her down fast enough. She also alerts the nearby Zhent agents.

That almost sounds like a bug or maybe each time I did this was bugged. I always fight her in the back room, she has only ever alerted the ones outside.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Came here looking for answers too.

Im assuming its a very common? Bug.

I think I might have managed to kill him once with all the barrels and not trigger the whole camp going hostile. but that
in itself might be a bug.

Glad to see Im not the only person who managed to 'one shot' the whole of that room. I threw a potato at the hinge
holding the brazier to detonate. Its ultimate cheese though imho. I heard him banging on about drinking from
barrels and got 'inspiration'. but who in their right mind would let somebody place barrels everywhere and not say anything?

Oh wait. I thinkn I just answered that last question lol

Love and sausages xx
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0
Came here looking for answers too.

Im assuming its a very common? Bug.
I don't think it's a bug at all. It's probably intended.
We could have a discussion if that's for the best or not (as I already wrote months ago I'd personally love if there was some elaborate way to get rid of him in a discreet manner), but still... I doubt it's a technical issue as much as a design decision.

veteran
veteran
I agree, it has to be intended, that the camp turns hostile, once Dror Ragzlin is attacked in any form. The first time, I played the game, I managed to alert the whole camp because of that and had a big fight on my hand. I somehow managed to survive and kill the goblins, but Wyll was munched by the spiders.
I tried a few times to stealth kill Ragzlin, but nothing I do, stops the gobbos from getting aggressive.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Definitely intended that way, among the three leaders he is kinda the alpha. Guts and minthara seems to follow him as seen in the shipcrash cutscene. Anyhow, like others mentioned kill Gut and Minthara first, in all cases if you dont want a huge fight and take them out group by group, destroy the war drums in each of their rooms before they smack it. Dror has 2 drums minthara has one. Gut got none.

Id also prefer if the camp did not turn hostile right away especially if the rest of the camp has no clue we killed them. It messes up roah moonglow and she has decent wares. After she turns hostile trading with her is impossible and I hate using pickpocket on merchants.

Unless a goblin walked in to see the leader dead and runs out to tell the rest of the camp doesn’t really make sense for them to be hostile toward you. If you bear the absolute brand they should at least be neutral with you.

Last edited by Kryldost; 28/07/21 12:26 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kryldost
If you bear the absolute brand they should at least be neutral with you.

Hmm, have you ever branded the whole party?

I do seem to remember killing Ragzlin without aggroing the whole camp. I only managed it once. And I only branded the whole party once.

Love and sausages xx
Good point, no I have not! Will try this next time.

veteran
veteran
I wonder how would you people feel if Larian decides to "fix" this by adding short cutscene, where Narrator tells us something like:
With his last breath, Ragzlin used his tadpole to send mental message to everyone in camp: "Kill the intruders!" with our image.

It seems like kinda elegant, and also lazy solution. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard