Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Here are a few suggestions. If there are already ways to do these things, please let us know. Thanks.

1) Have a way to manage the order of your inventory such as spells and potions so one could move an item from the 3rd row to the first row. I know that one can adjust the width a little but how about the height so you could temporarily see 4+ rows?

2) Select all of your wares at once to move them to the bartering column. I currently double click each individual item to move them to the barter columns.

3) Have the event log (that thing in the lower right corner that logs all of the stats of a battle for example) optionally automatically scroll to the most current event.

4) When hovering over a creature on the playing field during a battle, the creature's corresponding card in the upper right is also highlighted but barely. Can this be enhanced to make it stand out more? (I know, it's minor but probably an easy improvement)

Maybe there is a way to change all these things already.

Thanks.

Last edited by VagabondJoeBags; 21/10/20 01:10 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by VagabondJoeBags

1) Have a way to manage the order of your inventory such as spells and potions so one could move an item from the 3rd row to the first row. I know that one can adjust the width a little but how about the height so you could temporarily see 4+ rows?

If i may add to your suggestion ... i would also like to have some way to set certain items to go to certain followers backpack ...
I know that *in fact* all inventory is linked by some magic ... but it would be soooo much better if every scroll will travel right to Gale, every potion or food right to (i dunno, Astarion for example) ... and heavy useless things like armors and weapons, that i drag with me for vendor will automaticly go to Lae'zel, or other Str. based character.

So i dont need to redistribute items in middle of combat, just bcs i forgot to give Gale some scroll, or to Astarion some special arrow.

And yes i know that i can do that manualy with every item ... but right now im talking about "collect everything" button. wink

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
J
stranger
stranger
J
Clicking the small map should bring you to that point on the big map. You should be able to click on a character without the screen centering on them. Single-click select character, double-click center the map on that character, click and hold to change the character line up. This way you single-click to select a character and move them to another character because you did not change the map to be centered on the other character. In this game you will find yourself selecting a character and then panning the map to move them next to the other character. This is one of my biggest UI gripes.

The walk-able area for 2 story buildings is rather broken making it hard to select a target that is on a different floor than you. Even when the map clearly show them on your view screen, you can not target them. You have to move around the map or move the character. Path interrupted or target too far away is understandable, but a lot of times it is just errors with the walk-able terrain you see and are able to select. The cursor is on a floor that you do not see. The character will start walking to the other floor even though that is not visually what you clicked.

Those are the main two that I have found. I am sure there are more, but these are critical.

stranger
stranger
The event log in the lower right corner, containing all combat statistics, needs to be made more detailed and customizable.
I need to display pop-up subtitles with characters from this log. Often in the game, a situation arises when you do not have time to react to the replica of a group member or NPC. In order not to miss this moment, you will have to reboot, which is inconvenient.

addict
addict
All good suggestions IMO. Many are duplicates, but that cool. Keep them coming.

Link Copied to Clipboard