Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Any idea what is was all about, as no notes - something about caching regarding Open GL and Vulkan?

.i.
stranger
stranger
Yeah that is something they mentioned on Steam forums, nothing official yet. Bug fixes and Vulkan stuff. (More stable supposedly)

Is this thing on?
veteran
veteran
Eh, that's disappointment. I wonder how much development time they are going to lose to getting Vulkan to work, hope it isn't taking time away from expanding content.

Given how badly Vulkan worked on my machine I wish they just shelve Vulkan and focus on the system that works.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Eh, that's disappointment. I wonder how much development time they are going to lose to getting Vulkan to work, hope it isn't taking time away from expanding content.

Given how badly Vulkan worked on my machine I wish they just shelve Vulkan and focus on the system that works.

First of all Vulkan works great, it gives me about 60+ extra FPS, if it does not work on your machine, well, to bad for you. Also, other then classes and races, you won't get any new content in EA. Just bug fixes and mechanical changes. Anyway, they should not drop Vulkan because it does not work for you, you are not the only player out there.

Last edited by Cylion; 21/10/20 04:16 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by jrf773
Yeah that is something they mentioned on Steam forums, nothing official yet. Bug fixes and Vulkan stuff. (More stable supposedly)

Ok, I'm cool with that; for now wink

.i.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I'm all for optimization. This is great news!

veteran
veteran
@cylion We're all very lucky to be in the presence of somebody who works for the company and really has the inside track. Or perhaps you just that much smarter than the rest of us and can divine details from official announcement that mere mortals cannot?

In either case thank you so much for this valuable contribution to the discussion.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Cylion

First of all Vulkan works great, it gives me about 60+ extra FPS, if it does not work on your machine, well, to bad for you. Also, other then classes and races, you won't get any new content in EA. Just bug fixes and mechanical changes. Anyway, they should not drop Vulkan because it does not work for you, you are not the only player out there.

Um, the devs had said more classes and content WILL come to early access? So I don't know what this is about

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Sephirajo

Um, the devs had said more classes and content WILL come to early access? So I don't know what this is about

Classes and races yes, no new quests or locations.

A
stranger
stranger
A

They've said that it'll only have act 1 in the EA, not that there won't be any extra content. It's not actually clear that we've reached the end of act 1 - for starters, they've said that you'd be forced to commit to a party instead of having access to everyone at the end of act 1, and there doesn't seem to be anything like that happening yet. Secondly, there's still all of the content specific to playing as an origin character that's missing from act 1.

veteran
veteran
And you know 'content' /= quests or locations, how, exactly?

I mean anyone who comes across as aggressive and cocksure must really know what they are talking about, right?

veteran
veteran
I didn't get anything... What's the newest version supposed to be?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
apprentice
apprentice
Okay so content... isn't content. I'll see myself out. *eye roll*

N
old hand
old hand
N
No patch for me. Which version are you running?

journeyman
journeyman

Don't worry, The team that is responsible for tech stuff is not the same creating content. Different teams are working on totally different stuff. Just because one team is working to fix hardware/software issues or try to improve their performance, doesnt mean the content creating team is doing nothing.

veteran
veteran
And don't lose sight of the most important things. It doesn't matter how much sub classes are in the game if it doesn't run properly

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
stranger
stranger
sorry for my noobish question, but what is vulkan?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I'm all for more stability and hopefully all those weird issues with saved games will go away.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Razdemi
sorry for my noobish question, but what is vulkan?

Vulcan is a newish alternative to DX11/12 which are drivers needed to run games - Vulcan is supposedly 30-40% faster than the other options.

.i.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Vulcan is a huge improvement in performance on my machine - DX11 runs like poo. I have an I9 7700 and a 1080ti. I think Vulcan struggles on older hardware /shrug.

.i.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard