Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#710907 21/10/20 05:36 PM
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
I made a quick video of why I think Baldur's Gate 3 sucks and has very little potential to ever be a highly rated game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKko1q73p_I

D
old hand
old hand
D
Obvious bait is obbious

old hand
old hand
I will totally click that link with that description /s

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
I couldn't think of a better name for the title... What should I have called it?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Emulate
I made a quick video of why I think Baldur's Gate 3 sucks and has very little potential to ever be a highly rated game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKko1q73p_I

It already is at 87% and I'm confident it will go up from there, so that last part could already be obsolete.

Not even 5min in and you make the point that FoW is the most important thing in a mostly singleplayer/co-op rpg? And you think its more important than any other mechanic in the game?

Well I sure know our priorities will not match. But a little pro tip: you are the master over your camera.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes and Donald Trump is the president of the United states so modern popularity doesn't yield much substance anymore.

I am the master of a broken game camera? I don't follow?

Last edited by Emulate; 21/10/20 05:55 PM.
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
So you think an action adventure Game that just shows you everything through walls is not the worst part of the game?

D
old hand
old hand
D
Genuine question. Are you just trolling or what?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
That's what we call clickbait children. Never fall for this type of clickbait. It does nothing but encourage the many trolls in the world to keep making senseless youtube videos.

enthusiast
enthusiast
1) Agree about the fog of war... another thing Pathfinder KM did REALLY well. You can't even see a whole room from just outside an open door in that game.
2) Agreed about the pathing... this could be remedied with proper, direct character selection/placement and formations.
3) Totally agreed about ammunition and crafting... the latter may come, though.
4) Visible perception rolls... yea, stupid.

As for the rest: I think the reason many people have problems, is exactly that it is NOT a Baldur's Gate 2 with better graphics, far from it, actually. BG1+2 did so many basic RPG mechanics so much better 20 years ago then BG3 does now...

...and, no, 5e is not the actual problem the game has - but that seams to be go to culprit of all DOS fans right now. It's the sloppy translation of 5e into game form BG3 is suffering the most from right now.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
No just not a fan boy with pop bottle glasses on.

Originally Posted by Emulate
So you think an action adventure Game that just shows you everything through walls is not the worst part of the game?

You are free to use the cam however you personally like. If you cannot control yourself... well. That's that.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
So you're saying I should put black construction paper over sections of my monitor so I can't accidentally see whats in the next room? after buying this tech Demo for $80.00?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Just to tell you. Larian probably won't read this. It's one thing to criticize a game but to basically to say it sucks or call it garbage is not constructive feed back whatsoever.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
If they're too proud peddling this failure its their loss... Tesla is a good company and they respond to bad local newspaper articles, one of the reasons they are doing well now.

So you are not capable to not scroll a few rooms ahead? Its not too hard, as I do it myself. And maybe you should do better informed decisions when you buy things like early access.

journeyman
journeyman
You made some valid point (like the fog of war), but I suggest changing your title. Constructive criticism does not need "this suck". Maybe, change it to why I think BG3 is a let down.

veteran
veteran
Maybe the choice of words were strong by OP or perhaps even perceived as dramatic, I don't think it's fair to oppose valid opinion as presented. It's not by default wrong just because you disagree with it. If you want to criticise his video, it could be fair to for example suggest that less hyperbolic or dramatic choice of words could make it be easier to chew for the viewer, or something specific you gather from it.

I'm watching right now, and it's perfectly valid points of opinions and feedback, and efforts in explaining why they think the way they do.

Either way, point being don't bash so heavily on others just because you disagree with them.

And yes, we do read this smile

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I clicked through but it was clearly someone trying to find something wrong and not really interested in offering constructive feedback. Also took waaay too long to make his point.

I want that 6 minutes of my life back.

Anyway --

Fog of war, on the constructive feedback list already.
Inventory management agreed but delivery of critique is unpersuasive
Rolling for passive search checks -- that's D&D you don't D&D and that's fine. Doesn't mean that D&D suckzor.

Couldn't watch any more.

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 21/10/20 06:31 PM. Reason: me type bad
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard