Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
apprentice
apprentice
Nothing like watching someone full of themselves to bursting walk on the scene.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is a fight I did today, so I can break it down for people how broken and poor the design mechanics that went into this game actually are, watch until the end or just watch the end... it's unbelievable...

It's worse than I remembered.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/778050342

veteran
veteran
How do you want us to understand anything in that video ?
Did YOU watch it ? grin

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
you can only eat 2 lots of food in a fight (each turn) - at least thats all ive been able to)......helping downed characters really isnt much of a tactic (even though its necessary) as they have 1 hp & generally get smacked again in short order. I agree with you re the fog of war - it should have some restrictions.
Alot of other stuff is learning & EA stuff to be fixed ...

im loving this game ...

ps - you think the ogres are bad - wait for the frog in the swamp !

Last edited by Tarorn; 22/10/20 07:35 AM.
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
nothing is bad the ogres are easy watch the video I posted, you can't die in this game because the mechanics are completely broken for consumables and reviving, I have no idea how you enjoy a game that is clearly completetely broken I've played deeper JAVA web browser games.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Some genuine advice: if you want to be a streamer, which you clearly do, go play games you enjoy and are good at. Nobody wants to watch you play still buggy, just released early access games and whine non-stop. It isn’t interesting content.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't stream for followers, I stream to bring light to how broken things are in current games and also record some of my clips and shots in fps games, I am a design engineer that works with aerospace start ups so some of my expertise come in handy when working with programming and gaming.

Last edited by Emulate; 22/10/20 07:44 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Emulate
I don't stream for followers, I stream to bring light to how broken things are in current games and also record some of my clips and shots in fps games, I am a design engineer that works with aerospace start ups so some of my expertise come in handy when working with programming and gaming.

Nonsense. Nobody who isn’t streaming for followers ends their videos with “please like and subscribe,” so I don’t believe you.

Anyway, the game has sold over a million copies in Steam alone and is sitting on an 87% despite being still very buggy, unbalanced, unfinished, with at least a year left in development. Nobody really cares that you don’t like the game and you probably won’t change anybody’s mind. Certainly not here, where most people have played the hell out of the game already and already formed opinions.

Good luck to you with that whole playing games you hate schtich.

veteran
veteran
I actually think right now Larian forums is the only place in the internet where you can discuss this game properly. Steam is full of haters and Reddit is full of rabid fans. People here are generally willing to listen and discuss the good and the bad

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Abits
I actually think right now Larian forums is the only place in the internet where you can discuss this game properly. Steam is full of haters and Reddit is full of rabid fans. People here are generally willing to listen and discuss the good and the bad

Sounds about right. Steam is poorly moderated so it gets cluttered with junk and Reddit’s upvote system buries unpopular opinions.

veteran
veteran
I did a 30 minute video and have 4 large posts on these forms? I can't even respond to you or the mods are going to lock this again.. Unreal.

I actually took the time to watch it yesterday, for the record.
Honestly I thought it was awful.

And not because the game is without flaws, mind it. Quite the contrary, I have my fair share of gripes about it too.
It's more because most of your points of criticism were just terrible.

It was a mix of complaining over things I would never agree with or I felt the opposite about of blowing out of proportions minor issues or things we already know are being addressed in future updates, of giving clear proof of a poor understanding of how some mechanics work currently, of sounding in general fairly petulant, nitpicky and anything but constructive, etc.

Last edited by Tuco; 22/10/20 08:03 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Sounds about right. Steam is poorly moderated so it gets cluttered with junk and Reddit’s upvote system buries unpopular opinions.

Yeah. I think it is also a matter of exposure and popularity. Steam and Reddit has much more users, so it's much harder to regulate what's going on there.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
W
veteran
veteran
W

Yeah. I think it is also a matter of exposure and popularity. Steam and Reddit has much more users, so it's much harder to regulate what's going on there.

Absolutely. I’m actually looking forward to when things slow down here and the surge of new users tapers off. It’s easier to have longer conversations when there is less traffic and threads aren’t getting bumped off the main page so quickly.

stranger
stranger
Here is a fight I did today, so I can break it down for people how broken and poor the design mechanics that went into this game actually are, watch until the end or just watch the end... it's unbelievable...

It's worse than I remembered.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/778050342

You really wearing the Gloves without the mark of the Absolute?

Can't take you serious dude.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Maikaz
You really wearing the Gloves without the mark of the Absolute?

Can't take you serious dude.

My first character wore those gloves for the first fight after acquiring them, and then realised what was happening. Lucky they aren't like the old-school cursed items that need Remove Curse to unequip.

However, doing that privately on the first playthrough and doing it whilst supposedly creating an informative video about the mechanics of the game are two very different things.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Well, we all have opinions which we express on these forums. But to me it seems like you're trying to shove your opinion into our faces, like it's more significant or relevant than everyone's else optinion. With that attitude you may just shove it up your arse and proceed to the next game.

Nonsense. Nobody who isn’t streaming for followers ends their videos with “please like and subscribe,” so I don’t believe you.

Anyway, the game has sold over a million copies in Steam alone and is sitting on an 87% despite being still very buggy, unbalanced, unfinished, with at least a year left in development. Nobody really cares that you don’t like the game and you probably won’t change anybody’s mind. Certainly not here, where most people have played the hell out of the game already and already formed opinions.

Good luck to you with that whole playing games you hate schtich.

Yeah, I've thought since I read the first post in this thread that this was just the OP's completely transparent attempt to drive traffic to his YT (and now Twitch) channel. I didn't take the bait but based on your comment I figure I was correct.

PS: How full of yourself do you have to be to make a 30 minute rant video? Even stuff that interests me is lucky to get me to watch 10 minutes. Absolutely no way I'm going to watch 30 minutes of complaints.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
nothing is bad the ogres are easy watch the video I posted, you can't die in this game because the mechanics are completely broken for consumables and reviving,

Yes, you can die in the game, even if (unlike you) you know what you are doing.

I have no idea how you enjoy a game that is clearly completetely broken I've played deeper JAVA web browser games.

The game is not broken. I suspect that you know this and are simply trying to raise viewers for your Youtube video because.. well, reasons of your own. I find it hard to believe that someone so crassly ignorant of the game he is playing would seriously try to release a video critiquing that game.

My conclusion is therefore that you are using this bizarre and incompetent BG3 review as a means to make a name for yourself. It seems to have worked so far on these forums, but I'm not sure that the image you are projecting is one I would wish to be known for.

EDIT: And, Osprey39 gets the same conclusion in just before me. Now I look like a #Metoo, laugh.

Last edited by Sadurian; 22/10/20 10:01 AM.
It's all good Sadurian, great minds think alike and all smile

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You're just scolding early access for the potential best RPG of all time. Provide constructive criticism, not advertise your YouTube channel. Can you briefly say what exactly you don't like?
As a person who is very fond of the RPG genre and went through the entire series of Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fable, and some The Elder Scrolls I will discuss with you with pleasure.

Imho, it has the potential to be a "great" RPG of all time, but probably not "the best" because its combat being turn-based already disappointed players who prefer RTwP, which is used in BG 1 and 2.

Last edited by IanTheWizard; 22/10/20 10:34 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard