Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by IanTheWizard
Imho, it has the potential to be a "great" RPG of all time, but probably not "the best" because its combat being turn-based already disappointed players who prefer RTwP, which is used in BG 1 and 2.

And RTwP would disappoint a lot of other players who prefer turn based. you can't make everyone happy.

journeyman
journeyman
I watched (some) of your videos. You make some good points, but your lack of understanding of how 5e works, and really poor combat ability makes your opinion less than helpful.

Right from the get go, does it seem like a good idea to enter a building with 3 large ogres? Why not pull them outside where you have more area to move around? Why not position your party on the surrounding rooves and pull with one party member?

This being the internet, some will accuse you of being negative for clicks. I will simply say that you don't appear to be very good at the game for the moment. I suggest you learn more about the mechanics and reconsider how you approach combat. I can get the same reaction and uninformed opinion from the average dude on the steam forums. If you are going to make videos, try being more knowledgeable and get some practice before jumping behind the camera. There might be some value in an initial reaction video, but then don't be so negative until you have a better understanding of what's going on. It's one thing to take your viewers along for the ride as you figure it out, but don't pronounce it to be shitty before you actually figure it out. There will always be viewers who understand the game better than you, and every single one will call you out on it.

To be fair the core game here is great but i agree a lot of the implementation is poor.. I'm not saying its a bad game or i hate it, i just feel a lot of the homebrew ( like skills and missing mechanics like dodge) and micheal bay stuff (barrelmancy and elements everywhere) needs to go, and please please add the monsters back to their default stats and skills..
Then i believe this game will be a massive win for the D&D franchise.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Emulate
I just had my topic locked at the request of some one trolling me? The moderation on these forums is completely unacceptable.

If larian is not capable of accepting criticism on this game it will never succeed.

Going to link my video here again so people can see Why I think BG3 sucks currently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKko1q73p_I

I decided to give the game another shot today after leveling my charcters up and the game is just as bad... makes no difference here is the fight I did today.. it was painfull and I wanted it to end.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/778050342

Good Lord OP, the first 5 minutes of your video is complaining about Fog of War. Your opinion is invalid.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm wearing the gloves of the absolute because the comabt is to laden with RNG it literially doesn't even matter what gear you have on... how am I the only one who can see this game for what it is?

Wearing the gloves vs not wearing the gloves changes almost nothing... its all RNG.

Just got through another 3 hour play session almost had fun at one point but I made it to another fight that is so broken and riddled with RNG I'm done, This game in its current iteration is divinity 2 with all the tactics and skill removed from it, ITS WAYYY to dependent on RNG.

veteran
veteran
I mean, those gloves literally give you one of the heaviest debuffs in the game if you use them without being "Marked" in a specific quest.
"Using them or not changes nothing".
Could you be any more clueless about the game's mechanic if you tried?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
As I said having that debuff doesn't mean a whole lot with the current iteration of the combat system, the RNG is so heavy that Debuff will do almost nothing in the grand scheme of things, The 5e purists should actually do some statistical math on the situation, in a game where the fights are won in the first 2 turns having a Debuff Does ALMOST nothing. The math doesn't lie.

Last edited by Emulate; 22/10/20 02:49 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
As I said having that debuff doesn't mean a whole lot with the current iteration of the combat system, the RNG is so heavy that Debuff will do almost nothing in the grand scheme of things, The 5e purists should actually do some statistical math on the situation, in a game where the fights are won in the first 2 turns having a Debuff Does ALMOST nothing. The math doesn't lie.

You are consistent. I'll give you that.

Wrong, but consistently so.

I think the critique is very valid, although I do not miss the crafting system.
The implementation of the game-play mechanism is below average, it is three step backwards.

Regardless of the fact, that he might not have leveled up.

Last edited by Minsc1122; 22/10/20 03:59 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The Gloves by their description upon a hit make successful hits up to 20% less likely, plus basically decreases your spell and other resistances by just as much.

If you ignored the cirticals for a moment, It could be akin to changing your hit and miss patterns from this one to one more similar to this one(and that's but on the attacking end).

Translated to Pillars Of Eternity Deadfire for anybody who's played that's similar to an up to -20 penalty on accuracy (the primary to-hit stat that risese by a measly +3 per level) plus gaining up to a -20 on almost all primary defenses.

There's RNG for sure (that's D&D and similar systems) and then there's begging the gods of probability to show some added mercy. Don't have to like that, naturally.

Well, at least it's only on the character wearing it.

Or isn't it?

Last edited by Sven_; 22/10/20 05:10 PM.
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
Again removing the gloves may help a little bit but people seem to be nerding out on OCD level things that don't matter to the points I'm trying to make... I make multiple videos and people seem to get afixiated with things that don't even reflect the issues I'm talking about. It's standardized deflection basically at a political level and its contributing to the dumbing down of humanity. Listen to the points I'm making, don't get worked up over my character level or some sort of Debuff that bothers you more than it does me... I've found things ouside weapons make very little difference in this game when a lot of it comes down to exploiting map mechanics, kiting/routing tactics or just relying on an OP opening chain Aside form those things I mentioned the game play is basically just a Random number festival and I may as well AFK through it because it's not enjoyable skilled or even fun.. Divinity 2 at least had more stability in combat mechanics. I personally feel all my charcters miss more or less equally glove debuff or no glove debuff... Shooting people even in the back doesn't even atribute to a tacitical skill gain in this soulless hollow broken shell of a game.

veteran
veteran
Oh well. I was fooled again.

When this started I thought I had the OP pegged as a negative-for-clicks aspiring video game critic who was desperate to monetize his stream and so never really had the time understand the games under review (gotta get that next one uploaded to make those margins).

But it's not, this is trolling, no one is this thick.

"I can't see" "I've not found a need for light" <insult, insult> "I can't hit" "debuffs don't matter" <insult> Shame on me for being fooled.

journeyman
journeyman
So some things... I am glad the OP is tuning the responses so they aren't thread locking. The conversations and points brought up on the game are worth discussing and hearing. My biggest contention is in expecting Early Access to = Release Candidate. This is just a falsity. Early Access is just a marketing term. Literally every broadcast about the state of the game, before any purchase is made, declares this unfinished, full of bugs, etc. So expecting more than a buggy experience is not the best way to approach the purchase into EA. EA is meant to get the die hard feedback people into the action before the product goes gold. To get feedback from the consumers, waaaay before release to the general public. The ONLY reason this games EA is as popular as it is, is due to the timeline for the franchise. BG is a much loved franchise (in a much loved system) and fans of that clamor for new content/products. And they pretty much all have something to add to make the product more to their liking.

Ok, so that is done. Now to the meat and potatoes of the OP's feedback and what I am seeing/thinking about it.

Most of the bugs are really easy to fix and should be fixed before gold. That is purchase blocking issues. No brainer there. Good for at least getting visibility to them.
The most interesting of them is prone-locking. I can imagine it is a way to play, however, I do not think it is 100% exploitable. Each digit on a d20 is 5%, so given all that, there should be a 95% exploitable scenario if you only fail to keep a target prone with their critical success/save. Gives me an idea to try one though wink
Not gonna lie, the first annoying issue in the letdowns thread, made me laugh. Then I watched the video. Laughed even more. I mean, it is comical to see the constant character clicks after trying to not break the party by spamming spacebar to get out of the convo. With that said though, it unfortunately looks a lot like user issues. I don't have a beefier machine and I rarely click where I don't want a party member to go. Sneaking helps with giving a specific reticle and line to it to make things more obvious/visible. I know from pen and paper, that I am not supposed to be able to share a space, so I don't try to click in the space in front of a toe, knowing that the space the object occupies is more than 1 pixel around the feet.
Most of the other annoyances are simple bugs and should get fixed.
The bugs section: yeah, same as above. Bugs be bugs and they get fixed only if the players report them. I say players because we have no idea what internal QA has on their plate.

Suggestions:
Fog of war: The game has some of that by removing the actors from the scene beyond your visible range and the minimap shows your visible range. I don't know if you know this, but you can't move the camera beyond that point (on its Y axis). Or if you can, it is not by far. So you can't really explore the entire map from the entrance. Maybe if there was some indication of a camera barrier, it would help indicate that feature in play. Like a bubble? Or lines indicating the max the camera can move?
I don't know what surprises are spoiled when actors/objects not seen yet are not shown in the distant areas as you pan the camera around.
I do think some conversations should have an escape option. Like ones that have been repeated, or ones where no plot/character influence can be had.
Most of the other suggestions are good and sound like incoming features/something to get done before gold/required for gold.
Most doors are heavily resistant to pierce damage as a type. So it should (and is) better to bash them in with a hammer than shooting arrows.

The other thread is more suggestion based and hits on many of the same heads and themes. Glad they are there, since it definitely highlights a common feature set, every crpg should have.

And, you also know why they locked the threads. So winner, winner, posting dinner.

journeyman
journeyman
I checked out your videos and read your posts..Can only agree with majority opinion..you are either clueless or trolling..... think best to just ignore you.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Amnixx
I checked out your videos and read your posts..Can only agree with majority opinion..you are either clueless or trolling..... think best to just ignore you.

He's not trolling, however he knows nothing of 5e rules. Which I think is his real issue.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Mezbarrena
Originally Posted by Amnixx

He's not trolling, however he knows nothing of 5e rules. Which I think is his real issue.

I also think he is probably being sincere. Annoying, but sincerely annoying.

Last edited by Warlocke; 22/10/20 06:55 PM.
I'm wearing the gloves of the absolute because the comabt is to laden with RNG it literially doesn't even matter what gear you have on... how am I the only one who can see this game for what it is?

Wearing the gloves vs not wearing the gloves changes almost nothing... its all RNG.

Just got through another 3 hour play session almost had fun at one point but I made it to another fight that is so broken and riddled with RNG I'm done, This game in its current iteration is divinity 2 with all the tactics and skill removed from it, ITS WAYYY to dependent on RNG.

Computer game based on table top dice rolling game leans heavily on random numbers!! More at 11.

Last edited by Osprey39; 22/10/20 07:18 PM.
addict
addict
Your video is convoluted and needs far better organization.

Clearly you never really enjoyed the original BG series and want a DOS 3.

Bugs and optimization apart, BG3 is far superior to DOS2 in every single aspect.

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 22/10/20 09:32 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I just had my topic locked at the request of some one trolling me? The moderation on these forums is completely unacceptable.

If larian is not capable of accepting criticism on this game it will never succeed.

Going to link my video here again so people can see Why I think BG3 sucks currently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKko1q73p_I

I decided to give the game another shot today after leveling my charcters up and the game is just as bad... makes no difference here is the fight I did today.. it was painfull and I wanted it to end.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/778050342

The reason your stuff is being locked down is not because you're giving criticism or feedback, the reason they're being locked down is exactly because of your title and wording here.
You're writing it off as if it's an "as is" product, as if it's final and conclusive and like you were actually told that's what you were purchasing ... which it literally isn't and which you literally were very well aware of before doing so.

The point here is: you're being presented a very rough and unstable beta version of only a small fraction of a game with only a small fraction of the features (classes, etc.) and an initial version of all systems ... none of those are final or conclusive. No one promised you otherwise, Larian, Steam and GoG were in the contrary actually VERY super clear about this, no fine print, all highlighted.
And you (and all other internet bullies and trolls defaming Larian and BG3 left and right on the internet) would actually have a point if you were promised a final product, but the thing is, you literally weren't. You pressed "Confirm purchase" knowing very well all of the above and therefore criticizing the actual product for being exactly that is absurd and ridiculous.
Another thing also is that the pricing is a complete non-argument, because the 60 bucks was also spent knowing all of the above, the price being 15 or 150 bucks wouldn't have changed that or made your arguments any different.

Next time just don't buy a product that is literally being super highlighted as unfinished and being literally declared as intended for a public testing for feedback, if you don't want exactly that, no matter the price. It's that simple.
And this applies to everyone doing this exact same thing you're doing on several boards and social platforms.

Last edited by Genky; 22/10/20 10:20 PM.
T
T
I'm wearing the gloves of the absolute because the combat is too laden with RNG.

There is a lot of RNG in D&D 5e. But RNG isn't bad . . . and your play should be to maximize your odds. And yes EVERY point of bonus is impactful.

You bring up Divinity Original Sin 2 which had very little RNG but I feel this was a huge flaw in the game. Larian went out of their way to remove RNG in DoS2 (as opposed to DoS1)

If you don't like RNG then you aren't going to like Baldur's Gate 3.

The combat in DoS1 was far superior. Actually DoS1 was a superior game to DoS2 in nearly all aspects but that's another argument!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard