Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Sep 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Y'all, stop feeding the desperate social media troll. It's so painfully obvious that he knows that he can't create engaging content that'll get honest views, so he's going to be that ridiculously over-critical guy who tries to shit on things because he doesn't understand how they work. You can't claim that you don't care if anyone follows you because you're just trying to shine light on "broken things" but still shamelessly ask people to click that notification bell and subscribe at the end of every video.


I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Joined: Jan 2020
Emulate Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
Joined: Jan 2020
I'm a social media troll with 2 video uploads on my account... Makes sense.

if your go to is to attack me and say I'm trolling when virtually every point I made is an acceptable critique of the game, you in fact are the troll.

First of all people saying I don't like this game because it's 5e and RNG are partially correct, but the thing you also have to consider being a so called "purest" is that this game doesn't play in the slightest like BG1 or BG2 so I don't understand how you can fanboy over a combat system
that is absolute garbage in its current rendition. I've said it's critically flawed I've showed videos of my chain reviving party members, videos just eating food in combat to return health. The combat system is hollow, its broken, it makes almost no sense most of the time... ALSO if you're a 5e
pureist how do you even stomach playing a game where you can see through walls and gost arround the map viewing combat senarios multiple rooms over... that seems like an epic case of you have no idea what a good game even is. I understand if you are new to PC gaming and look at this game as somehting
shiny and special... But you have to consider that many of use are older and have been playing games for decades... and not one of those games of the past that were good allowed you to forgo even having to explore the world... Its bad, the bad combat can be adjusted or tollerated I suppose playing coop.
but when you have so many broken and non cohesive mehcnics piled up it makes this game have zero prospects of ever being anything other than a nice looking indy game.

I'm not even a fanboy of D2 I acknowledge it has its own set of people many even carried over into this game, if your only defense is to attack me being a troll you simply fail hard like the game you are trying to defend...

the game sucks, we all know it, its time for them to fix it, and if they actually decide to redo the game from the bottom up which I doubt is likely, this game is YEARS away from being released at least 2-3, sadly I think they are going to slap it togeather and rush it out the door then try to patch it later to a state where its some what tollerable....
keep in mind I have friends who have 100% all the BG games multiple times, know every nook and cranny in the game and they "WILL NOT" touch this game, so you have to sit there and think, do we cater to fanboy apologists or actually buckle up and get things fixed, because I promise you llistening to the fanboys on these fourms will get this game absolutely nowhere... its not even close to where it needs to be, I'd be suprised if anyone at larian studios actually thinks the instanced camping is even a good idea, if the answer is yes then this game is dead in the water which I suspect it is... I've seen very few games popularity drop off as hard as this one so despite its over all favorable ratings thats just people being nice... instead of being honest.

Last edited by Emulate; 26/10/20 05:27 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
nobody cares why you think it sucks. we have plenty of problems.. offer solutions and end it. You basically reviewing a game that is 5% done. I dont think is sucks at all .. its plenty fun and im glad to play what they let us to get a sneak peak.. im sure im not the only one. If you think this game is so bad go play something else.. we dont care

Last edited by Nabbs; 26/10/20 05:32 PM. Reason: added stuff cause OP thinks we all feel the same

63% of all statistics are completely made up ~ Abraham Lincoln
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Cleric of Innuendo
Offline
Cleric of Innuendo
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
I don't think you're a troll.

I disagree with just about everything you have posted here. I think you are very wrong in what you say or the suggestions behind what you are saying (people shouldn't like BG3's combat because it doesn't play like BG2?, really?), wrong to release a video slamming a game you clearly don't understand, wrong to use the tone and language that you have, and wrong in most of the suppositions about people who disagree with you.

But no, I don't think you're a troll.

Joined: Jan 2020
Emulate Offline OP
member
OP Offline
member
Joined: Jan 2020
I offered solutions, i suggest watching my video or reading what I wrote but this time actually allowing your self to listen to the things that I said.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Emulate
I'm a social media troll with 2 video uploads on my account... Makes sense.

Yup. Pretty much. If you genuinely took the effort to start your Youtube channel to produce this whinefest... Yeah, I'd too label you an aspiring professional troll. By all means, I do not see your objection to this?


Quote
The game sucks, we all know it, its time for them to fix it


It's in Early Access, at least a year from completion. That's all we know. What we think of it, differs, even among those that like, and dislike it. They *are* fixing it. If it's still not for you a year from now, then... Go and play something else.

Last edited by rodeolifant; 26/10/20 05:54 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Cleric of Innuendo
Offline
Cleric of Innuendo
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Originally Posted by Emulate
I offered solutions, i suggest watching my video or reading what I wrote but this time actually allowing your self to listen to the things that I said.

I am not interested in increasing the traffic to your video by watching it. Your comments and attitude here show what sort of thing I could expect there. No, I have better things to do than increase your little video's standing.

Nothing you have said on these forums can be said to be constructive criticism, just complaints and abuse. If you want to be known as a critic then learn how to critique before getting a name for yourself as someone not worth listening to. I would also learn how to play the game rather than dismissing the rules as being 'irrelevant' and then wondering why it's not all working for you.

Look back at that stream of consciousness you posted just upthread. Lot of words but nothing constructive to say. Also, very badly written to the point of being almost indecipherable in places. I'm not talking typos here (we all produce those), but your lack of basic grammar makes the whole thing hard to read. This is not a good idea if you want people to read it. If your video presentation is anything like your written presentation, I can fully understand why people are saying that they struggle to watch it.

Joined: Jan 2018
W
old hand
Offline
old hand
W
Joined: Jan 2018
You aren’t missing much by not watching the videos. The guy mostly just says “this sucks” a lot. He is also hilariously bad at playing it. Not just bad in terms of not understanding tactics, but he will do things like say “I don’t understand how this works,” while he literally at the same time has the tooltip open, but he doesn’t read it. He also didn’t know how to level up characters despite the game pausing itself to give you a tutorial on leveling when you hit level 2. And he calls people who like the game “casuals.”

It’s best to ignore this guy. If you look back in his posting history you can see that he has been saying this game sucks since well before it released. He thrives off of conflict and animosity, so while his opinions on the game are probably genuine, he is still very much a troll.

Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Emulate
nothing is bad the ogres are easy watch the video I posted, you can't die in this game because the mechanics are completely broken for consumables and reviving, I have no idea how you enjoy a game that is clearly completetely broken I've played deeper JAVA web browser games.



> You can't die in this game

dude.. my guy.. bro...... Larian literally has a map of ALL THE DEATHS so far people have experienced. Which is to say: a lot. https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/baldurs-gate-3-death-map

it sounds to me like somehow your gameplay specifically is broken, because no one can or has been able to play the way you have been playing, clearly, because we all unanimously think you're absolutely bonkers except for ONE thing re: fog of war.

also lol way to go wearing the "Get Bane On Yourself Every Encounter" gloves without first being branded by the priestess.

yes, I realize there's like 5 pages on this thing but I had a migraine for 4 days, cut me some slack

Editing because I finished reading all of it and BOY HOWDY.

Originally Posted by Emulate
First of all people saying I don't like this game because it's 5e and RNG are partially correct, but the thing you also have to consider being a so called "purest" is that this game doesn't play in the slightest like BG1 or BG2 so I don't understand how you can fanboy over a combat system
that is absolute garbage in its current rendition. I've said it's critically flawed I've showed videos of my chain reviving party members, videos just eating food in combat to return health. The combat system is hollow, its broken, it makes almost no sense most of the time...

Do you still not realize that literally no one else has been able to replicate your combat experience? Your experience is not universal, this is why no one is taking you seriously. The rest of us either breeze through without many character deaths per encounter because we found a tactic/party make-up that works for us or we die once or twice (or a party member does) and we leave them there to be revivified later because using the Help action only raises them to 1 HP and the enemy AI still overwhelmingly targets low HP and/or already downed characters to make sure they STAY down. Chain actioning Help to get a character up does not bring them up on their turn, it only does if you're consistently lucky with your initiative order and then and only then can you pot their health because they immediately had a turn and no enemies had a chance to hit them again.

Originally Posted by Emulate
ALSO if you're a 5e pureist how do you even stomach playing a game where you can see through walls and gost arround the map viewing combat senarios multiple rooms over... that seems like an epic case of you have no idea what a good game even is. I understand if you are new to PC gaming and look at this game as somehting shiny and special... But you have to consider that many of use are older and have been playing games for decades... and not one of those games of the past that were good allowed you to forgo even having to explore the world... Its bad, the bad combat can be adjusted or tollerated I suppose playing coop.

Seriously? You're going that route? You're going with "A lot of us are older and our Standards Are Higher because we've played Real Games"? Your opinion is irrelevant. I'm 26 and I have played plenty of good, and by extension bad, games in my life. And you know what? I have never before seen someone go as hard at tearing a game down and railing about how much it sucks while simultaneously failing to grasp how anything actually works, or at least failing to understand/acknowledge that maybe your experience is skewed more into the "buggy" territory, especially after so many people have told you that they don't, have not, and can't seem to replicate your particular combat experiences at all.

This hill you've chosen to die on that You're the Only One Whose Right and the rest of us are just simps for a BG game "no matter how bad it is" is a really, really weird hill, man.

Last edited by Milani; 26/10/20 09:08 PM. Reason: I caught up.
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Warlocke
And he calls people who like the game “casuals.”



Seriously? Yeah, I pretty much ignore anyone that uses that term as a noun, especially when they use it as a pejorative.

Joined: Jan 2014
L
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
L
Joined: Jan 2014
So, uh, tldr; the OP is pretty stupid.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Per usual, it'd be a lot easier to stomach the video without the whole '' I am right '' tone instead of just suggestions and ideas.
A lot of Youtubers put on a persona with an overinflated ego but that often also extends beyond Youtube too.
It's like people who think that it's some objective fact that regenerating health in FPS games is always worse or that games that have realistic artstyles are better than games with cartoony artstyles and if you disagree you're wrong or a '' casual '' etc.
A design decision not being to your taste and preference doesn't make it wrong...

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5