Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
k7sw Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm unable to save my game. The message appears on screen as though I'm trying to save during dialogue but no dialogue is open.

I've tried sleeping at camp, going to a new area. I believe this happened because a conversation with Wyll was interrupted.

Spoilers Ahead:
I stole the statue of silvanus and killed some druids. For some reason their bodies were off limits and the tieflings tried to catch me stealing. This interrupted a conversation with Wyll and I think that's when it got bugged into thinking I was in conversation.

I am glad I saved just before this.

k7sw Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Once this occurred it was bugged until I restarted the game. I couldn't save at all even loading previous saves.

I closed and reopened the game and everything went back to normal.

Last edited by k7sw; 21/10/20 08:10 PM. Reason: found a solution.
stranger
stranger
This happened to me later on in a playthough - occured after the tiefling party and ended up doing the entire underdark without saving. Man, that was scary.

Reported as a bug.

M
stranger
stranger
M
This happened to me in the Zhentarim Hideout. Was mostly just saving often in between stealthing around and stealing barrels.
Not sure if it was related or even triggered it, but I pushed Zarys off the ledge she was standing on, didn't have her aggro but she said something ('making a mistake'?) then ran off while still not being aggro, and I knocked her unconscious.
That was the only triggering of an actual conversation I had in that stretch.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Yep, had it happen at the Duergar camp. No matter what I do, whether I walk in and try talking to them, or sneak in and assassinate them, the MOMENT I start interaction with Duergar I am no longer able to Save or Save As. I had previously reloaded a save just before Duergar camp and went off to visit 'immobiles' and the 'floaty thing' and then went back. Moment I started interacting with duergar then Save was stopped again. Game has to be restarted to reload any saves that allow Saves.

I see that others have this issue with other scenarios so it's just luck of the draw I guess.

Will reload a previous save and skip the entire Duergar storyline. Plenty more to do so that's cool.

Good luck Larian! smile And any Devs releasing to early-access have to have thick skin - but 'EARLY-ACCESS' is early access. No reason to get heated over issues. In every case, the moe detail that surround th issue the better and more chance it can get sorted out. Thanks in advance!

==============SPOILER CONTENT=================
UPDATE: FINALLY finished the Duergar mission and still able to save, Only way I could was to 'glitch' it by sending (Spoiler)
a Companion picked up near Myconids and get them creatively use Push and then to distract the remaining duergar and then quickly kill them without any dialogue starting.
On ending, can still save and scenario goals achieved.

Last edited by Grymm; 24/10/20 09:21 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard