Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Katj
Yes i desired something similar to this. Also make 'recast' just be the same button as the spell and not a new button altogeather

So much yes for this too!

Also, +1 for op

D
stranger
stranger
D
Didnt Pathfinder: Kingmaker have a similar problem with the spells duplicating?

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I have suggested something similar, where they just have a drop down menu for each level not each spell.
That way you don't have to constantly manage your hot bar. I'd still like a hot bar to add my "most used" spells like cantrips etc.

But all in all there needs to be a fix. Managing my Clerics spells at lvl 4 is difficult enough.

S
addict
addict
S
+1 for the spell dropdown menu

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Dihada
Didnt Pathfinder: Kingmaker have a similar problem with the spells duplicating?

I didn't start playing it until earlier this year so I can't speak for the time prior to that but it doesn't have that issue currently. I don't see why it would honestly because Pathfinder doesn't have the same 'choose your spell level' spellcasting system.

addict
addict
+1

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by pill0ws

2.Suggested change: You click the icon showing the number of spell slots, it shows spells for only that level. This is because these icons only show you remaining slots for each level, there is a seperate icon for each collection of spell slots, each icon representing each level (do you follow yet?). You click the icon for spell slots remaining, it brings up a pop up menu with only spells that will use that spell slot. This will only show level 2 spells when you click on the "Level 2 Spell slots remaining" icon.

3. I click the (level 2 spell slots) it shows ONLY level 2 spells. I dont see any level 1 spells in this list or level 3 spells, simply level 2 spells.

4. The hotbar is no longer used to store every spell. The hotbar is used for whatever the player wants, items, cantrips, favorite spell from whatever level. Every spell is within 3 clicks of the spell slot icon, and the levels are seperated via the separate icons representing the remaining spell slots for that level. You want to cast a level 1 spell, you click the icon for level 1 spells that already exists in the game right now and just select the spell.

I wholly agree with this concept. I was even going to go so far as to suggest the top bar of the two standard hotbars be used as a "Class Skills Bar" but the method you outlined might be better yet.

Default spell level selection to Shift + # corresponding with spell level, or click of course. It opens the menu you described by either hotkey or click, allows quick oversight of how many of each spell is remaining, cleans up the hot bar, simplifies spell organization and would be a huge boon to the visual clutter of the hot bar in general. Even if the hotbar is still full, it can be full of interesting gadgets, or other items and save a whole lot of space giving spells their own little area.

What's best about this, is that people could just drag the spells straight from their book if they so choose to continue the current method.

I can imagine making this functionality work with pouches and backpacks too- so that when you have one on your hotbar, it opens a window the same way and displays the container's items to you. This makes potions, arrows, scrolls, ANYTHING sortable at your will. If you allow bags to be renamed so that the mouse-hover gives a tooltip of your custom tag, then you're really on to something. Currently, it does sort of work this way- but it doesn't feel good that's for sure.

A real adventurer would have a lot of containers anyways, right? A lot of bags, pouches, sacks full of various dusts. It's realistic to push the use of those containers for organization. Same idea for the spells.

TLDR;
Create nested menus for spells using the already implemented spell-slot level counters
-Bonus points if they're hotkeyed by default to something snappy, like [Shift + # of spell]
Create hotbar-friendly nested menus for containers (pouches, backpacks, etc)
-Bonus points if the containers can be non-intrusively renamed or recolored in some way

Look at all these chickens
veteran
veteran
I agree ... but honestly dropdown menu seem like horrible idea (sorry mate) ...
Its kinda anoying to choose hex debuff every time ... and its only every enemy ... if i had to do it every cast, it would be even worse. :-/

I dont see any problem for dropdown menu if anyone wish it ...
Myself, i would like much more if you will choose spell level by toggle spell slots ... after all, we see them.

Not sure if i make myself clear, since my english is horrible. laugh

So example:
Mage goes on turn, i see in UI how many spell slots i have awiavible ... so i click on spell slots level 2 ... and now all my spells are level 2 until i click on different level, or until all of them are used, then i get system message that i dont have enough spell slots of required level.
//edit: Ofc. if i clic on spell slot level 1 ... and i will have on bar some spells that are only level 2 (and stronger) they will simply become grey ... aka. unavailable. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/10/20 02:59 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
+1

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I agree ... but honestly dropdown menu seem like horrible idea (sorry mate) ...
Its kinda anoying to choose hex debuff every time ... and its only every enemy ... if i had to do it every cast, it would be even worse. :-/

I dont know. I agree that a menu similar to what we have with Hex isn't perfect. But it's far better than what we have right now.

Last edited by Peranor; 23/10/20 08:51 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard