Print Thread
#711645 22/10/20 12:43 AM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I wanted to create my own personal UAT post. To start providing constructive feedback on the gameplay, UI, and quests. I started a post that was pretty critical and I thought that this would be more constructive.

So lets begin.

Could contain spoilers. read at your own risk

I think having the camera rotate with Q and E would be a better experience since I utilize WSAD to move the camera around. I did this myself but I think this should be done by default to make it more intuitive

The Item I had here I found with hitting the N key.. haha

I think it would also be nice to be able to bring up the context menu for the selected character to ungroup and/or group them. So I do not have to select another character ungroup the one I want and then reselect that character and the same steps if I want to regroup them.

Controller Support please its built in to your other games so I know you all can do it successfully

Too much clutter with clickable items. I get the point but it screws with my OCD that I will miss something important so I pick up almost everything not really knowing what is junk and what is not junk at this point in the game and I have not had a lot of interaction with the merchant mechanics yet but I am really hoping there is a way to sell all junk in mass. :hihi:

Not all items that are clickable or useful show up when I press alt.

I would like the option to see the rolls for everything. Like when I do a lockpick or disarm trap or random skill checks. Its just nice to see Maybe a verbose mode that can be turned on that allows it to show up in a chat. I am assuming there is a chat function with multiplayer. Have not gone in to the MP yet.

In the cellar with the Powerful Tome there are a lot of graphical glitches right now and pathing issues. Like running up the stairs and behind the pillar to turn one of the candles on and then the candle behind it is not even clickable and cannot be lit. actually both of them right inside the doorway are not clickable. The Mini map says X:-658 Y:-352, after picking up the book everywhere I go on the mini map it says. Powerful Tome with a yellow diamond on me.

Map is poor quality for 80GB download. I also have no idea where I am on the map in regards to the name of the location. I cannot find that anywhere, this was inside of a Cellar in the Blighted Village, I saw that when I came out of the cellar on the mini map.

The gnome area in the blighted village. When fighting the goblins. It would not let me attack and then went to a black screen with my cursor. Had to alt+f4 out of the game

I will continue posting more to come. but since my game just crashed I think I am done for the night.

Day 2: EA 4.1.84.2021

Character Panel should by default be C
Toggle Sneak/Hide by default should be H
Gloves of Power - Casts BANE on myself and the monster, description states that it does it on hit to the mob does not specify that it would affect both myself and the monster
Monsters need to follow closely to the Monsters Manual
In the whispering depths - Powerful Tome now shows in two locations. On my character and in some random location.
Blight Village - in the Whispering Depths I entered the room after knocking the wall down. Inside appears to be a blacksmith shop. Inside here is an anvil and this attempts to let me combine two materials. I can only select material for the right had side. After choosing a greatsword and hitting combine it fails over and over and over. The other item appears to be an icon that looks like Our Mind
Fezzerk? Goblin The Goblins torturing the gnome. Cinematic issues looks like the camera is always blocked behind a cloak. If you don't attack the goblin it goes to a second conversation about releasing the gnome. Doesn't seem right or feels buggy though it may be ok.
Gnome Windmill I put a the brakes on the windmill to save the gnome. It stopped as expected. went to go back around front. Got the cut scene at the shrine. Went down to the Cellar under the windmill. Came back up and the windmill was turning again. went back to hit the brake again and it would not let me hit the Brake again to stop the windmill. Released the break.. and LMFAO I like to be good. So I am reloading. Even after reloading it still does the same thing. No option to stop the windmill anymore. Seems that if you reload this area after stopping the Windmill it starts to rotate again with no way to stop it.
Quest Journal Does not allow me to scroll up and down the list on the left hand side of the screen.
Goblin Camp In the Cave on the left front entrance. There is a fire trap inside. Does not give me an option to disarm but allows me to walk up pick it up and throw it. Both Traps. When you throw it, may be as intended, it triggers and blows up where you picked it up from instead of where it lands.

Last edited by Serax; 23/10/20 02:29 AM.
Serax #714780 24/10/20 04:34 AM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Day 3: EA 4.1.84.2021

After the conversation with sentinel Olak a powerful tome quest objective appears on the minimap where I was standing and is duplicated as I still have this object on myself

Not able to rotate camera left with alt+Q (assigned Q to rotate camera left) but it will rotate right alt+E and alt+middle mouse button I can rotate either way.

Abdirak when you chose to take the beating and stand against the wall he just repeats. Stand against the wall and do not move but does nothing and I do not see anything to click to start anything. I finally gave up and told him I didn't want to do it anymore. Could have missed something.

the halfing slave trader inside the shattered sanctum. I ungrouped two of my characters to wait in ambush they were far away and I was able to select them in the merchant menu and sell items out of their inventory.

In the worg pen, the druid was halfway sticking into the wall during the cinematics and there were character sprites on the screen for my character and the cleric shadowheart

Last edited by Serax; 24/10/20 04:35 AM.
Serax #714784 24/10/20 04:53 AM
vel Offline
You'll be happy to know after spending time writing all this that we have no idea if Larian devs are looking at this feedback or largely ignoring it like they did for DOS/2 EA.

If we're lucky d20 rolls 20 and they hired some people to comb the forums.

Good write-up though.

vel #714787 24/10/20 05:01 AM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Serax
Gloves of Power - Casts BANE on myself and the monster, description states that it does it on hit to the mob does not specify that it would affect both myself and the monster

They are actually working as intended. If you read the description text for this, and a few other items, they mention requiring the mark of the Absolute or you get penalties.

Duriel15 #718800 27/10/20 02:10 PM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Duriel15

They are actually working as intended. If you read the description text for this, and a few other items, they mention requiring the mark of the Absolute or you get penalties.

Ah okay I just thought it was flourish and just a description of the item. But it makes sense now and I completely read it but dismissed it. I'll be more mindful of it moving forward. Thank you!

Because it does not state below in the wearer of this item gains:

Absolute's Bane
Creatures hit by an attack may receive a d4 penalty to attack rolls and saving throws

vel #718803 27/10/20 02:12 PM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by vel
You'll be happy to know after spending time writing all this that we have no idea if Larian devs are looking at this feedback or largely ignoring it like they did for DOS/2 EA.

Good write-up though.

It's okay I'm going to keep submitting it. Who knows it may be useful, at least it lets me get my frustration out in a constructive way.

vel #718816 27/10/20 02:18 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by vel

People are looking at the forums.

J'aime le fromage.
Serax #718833 27/10/20 02:37 PM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Day 4 & 5: EA 4.1.84.2021

These were short days and I am a day late adding this. And I don't exactly remember all the names. smile sorry

I noticed the following:

After the druid joining me as a minion I go back out of the Worg Pens to the shattered sanctum I ask him to wait right outside the door. I ungroup my party and move out and get in combat to lure the mobs back to my group waiting in ambush. the druid gets in combat while I ask him to wait and he takes his turn on his own and summons a wolf. After that combat ends, I then ask him to start following me again and he transforms into a bear. I get in combat again and it starts to hang, the AI hangs, did not have this problem up until this point. IT finally allows me to take my turn and as a bear I have control over the druid now. It gets to the summoned wolves turn and the game completely stops responding after I use up the wolves attack and movement. I ended its turn but it will not do anything. I had to restart the game. The game loads right before that combat and the wolf is still summoned. So I decide to have the bear follow me, I wanted to attack the drow from from the ladder by the worg pens as I would be closer. I go over the ladder right outside the Worg pens to kill the Drow. The bear climbs the ladder with my group, no animation it looks like it just floats up and down the ladders.

Fighting the Drow Priest, easy fight compared to what I have come across everywhere else. Near the front entrance to the room there was a goblin at the top near a treasure chest. When it was aggroed and added to the combat it was able to shoot me with arrows through the environment. It was able to shoot through walls, columns, floors, etcetera and I was not able to shoot back as I was not able to see or my magic would hit the wall. Also I feel that they have a far superior range on their weapons compared to what range I have on my bows. I had to run my priest and mage all the way over near the Drow priests table to get the goblin to move out so I was able to kill it.

The summoned wolf was still there but not in combat, I believe it was just waiting. I went to fight some mobs outside the drow room. And the summoned wolf was in combat, the AI hanged a bit. But It does let me take my turn after a minute or so. So I run the wolf up and let it die. I didn't have any issues after that.

Next battle right at the beginning the AI is still hanging and I notice that it has the druid selected for me waiting for my turn to start. I hover over the hour glass that you click on to end turn. And I notice that it still shows the dead summoned wolf even though it is not part of the combat. After click end turn it seems to straighten out the AI hangs and I have not experienced it for the rest of the battle and the next 2 battles that were initiated.

The other mini-boss fights here were a bit tricky. Again it seems like everyone has some magic item to throw that catches things on fire or to throw your characters around and knock them off of ledges. The guy with the mace was hitting hard enough to 1 shot level 4 characters on his own. I had to restart because he used some AOE shout that knocked my druid a very far distance, off the back of a ledge to his death, and my mage the other direction down to where the spiders were. Even though he was initially engaged with my fighter he ran off just to do this move. I fell the game is programed to do these, I am going to be bold enough to say, gimmicky moves.

The priest fight was no different instead of having an AOE shout that knocked my characters the priest was just able to pick them up and throw them off ledges. repeatedly and every turn. Also it seems that every goblin in this area - Was doing AOE damage for way more than what my mage was able to do with the same spells. Thunderwave hitting for 22 damage. Seems overly difficult and gimmicky to make it artificially hard. Because on top of the magic users hitting very hard those that were not magic users were throwing AOE consumables and items at my characters.

So back to the halfling slave trader. After kill the goblin bosses the door was now open back there. And they became hostile to me. I had my characters standing outside the room and not too close. IT was full of wine and gun powered barrels,so I thought. yes now its mine turn to gimmick them. so I shot the barrels with a fire arrow and it killed them, and me, and caught half the priests room on fire. Seems like an overly large area and just another one of those, I felt as a hahah gotcha moments from the developers and making it artificially hard.

I know this post was more critical than my previous ones but I just feel this entire area was not put together very well and it utilizes bottle necks paired with everyone having AOE damage with ground affects that just makes it overly difficult on top of characters being able to 1 shot any one in my group. I swear that boss with the mace hit the druid for 30+ damage with one hit. Luckily it was the druid and not anyone else in my group or they would have been dead.

One last thing. The Warlock character that was out to kill Spike. I had him waiting up top over the priest room. And back where they were torturing someone, I killed Spike. Even though the lock was in my group he was angry with me because I killed Spike with out him, even though he was there. Spike ran off and I believe was pulled in to combat from someone that ran in to the room and Spike was not in the initial combat.

Last edited by Serax; 27/10/20 02:57 PM.
Serax #719047 27/10/20 04:30 PM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Day 6: EA 4.1.85.1780

Shattered Sanctum Potion at 292, -27 not appearing when I press alt

Camera does not pan out when I move over top of the dias where the priest was

Still not able to rotate camera by press Q while alt is held down, looking for items, I can still rotate with E while hold alt. Q is left, E is right.

Powerful Tome objective(yellow diamond) still follows my character on the minimap after update

Something not previously noted but experienced. The Camera seems to randomly stop following my character and I usually end up double-clicking my character to center and start following again. not sure if I am doing this or if its just a bug

After update - I had placed scrolls in a pouch that I gave to the mage. All of the scrolls still appeared on my hotbar. I never tried to use them so I am not sure if they were still usable, I should have tried. But after the update today, the scrolls have disappeared from my hotbar but if I hover over the empty spots, it still shows the tooltips

Roah, Yerle, and Erna seem to take longer than normal to make moves, Roah is stuck casting feather fall.

Caught the barrels on fire after a restart. Moved most of my team far away just to cheese it. After the battle ended this time all the flames went out. Still caught half the dungeon on fire.

Back room in Shattered Sanctum 290, -66 Goblins completely ignored people standing next to them to attack characters far away. I thought I read in the release notes that they were to attack Gale 33% less or something. They completely ignored a 2h axe wielding angry dwarf standing right next to them to shoot my mage to death.. Ane then promptly died. If they would have all attacked the 2h axe wielding angry dwarf they may have killed him and killed my entire party. Just saying.

I also tried to shoot a goblin across the way on top. And it would not shoot through the banister, even though they can shoot my characters through the floor and banisters.

Went and camped Wyll had a ! over his head indicating a conversation. When speaking with him, he talked about his burning hatred and apologized for losing his cool at the Windmill. Then discussed how he wanted to kill Spike for taking his eye. This came AFTER Spike was killed and I had the conversation with him about killing Spike with out him, even thought he was in my party. Also the cinematic kept glitching.

When reading books and notes from my inventory it goes back to the game screen. And then I have to go back in to my inventory to continue what I was doing. Would be nice to stay within the inventory screen when opening books/letters/reading stuff instead of having to go back in every time. Lastly it would also be nice to prevent edge panning while in the inventory as well.

Last edited by Serax; 28/10/20 01:31 AM.
Serax #722446 30/10/20 03:22 AM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Day 7 and 8 EA 4.1.85.1780:

I am finding traps with successful checks but they're not showing up on the map or allowing me to disarm them.

Found the log menu tucked away on the right side of the screen. I feel silly for not seeing it.

I would like to be able to cast spells on the character portraits in the bottom left of the screen.

Reload of the game has caused a lot of graphical lag that was not there beforehand but only happens when moving the camera

On the risen road. The flaming fists guards and burning buildings from the Drow attack. Graphically lags really bad, not experienced any lag up until tonight and only in the area of the gnolls and this burning area. At the top the the lady there that you rescue. I talked to her through the door and it put her right outside the burning building with the cut scene and then I did not have to help her escape the building.

Serax #722490 30/10/20 04:45 AM
S
stranger
stranger
S
I am finding traps with successful checks but they're not showing up on the map or allowing me to disarm them.

I had no idea that the trap disarming kits could actually be used - I’ve never been able to disarm a trap.

S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by silentbrad

I had no idea that the trap disarming kits could actually be used - I’ve never been able to disarm a trap.

yes, they are usable. They are destroyed if you fail I believe.

I was able to disarm two chests by right clicking them and selecting disarm.

Serax #729369 07/11/20 01:24 AM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Day 8 and 8 EA 4.1.85.5707:

Back from vacation.

After Update:

Lots of graphical lag after playing for about an hour or so. This was no present before. Also the Tavern that is on fire. there is to much fire and smoke and causes lag as well

The camera is randomly flying away from my characters - this seems to happen when moving up or down levels. Could also be from graphical lag but did not seem related.
The zhent fight - Only half of them become hostile. Opened the neckalce in front of the zaris? and they did not trigger any reaction. They helped me attack the monster. Cleared entire area did seem like it led anywhere else.

After leaving the hidden fault in the Druid Grove, both doors to the room appear closed though I can walk right through them. They did not do this when loading from other areas in to the Enclave library/emerald grove

-82, 451 in the goblin camp. Warlock Gurk was able to cast a spell through the wall and floor to the upper area. Same area the Ogre was able to attack through the wall and floor up a level.

Last edited by Serax; 07/11/20 03:36 AM.
vometia #729418 07/11/20 03:13 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by vel

People are looking at the forums.

I'd love to be able to ask "In what capacity?" "Looking for what?" and "How often?" but I guess that level of transparency would be too much.

I imagine that they do check things out, but largely stick to multi-page posts because it's easy to assume that those are "hot topics" worth looking into, and the one-off posts without much engagement get disregarded.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Serax #729497 07/11/20 07:17 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by silentbrad

yes, they are usable. They are destroyed if you fail I believe.

I was able to disarm two chests by right clicking them and selecting disarm.

They do work and the kits do disappear on failure.

Serax #729512 07/11/20 07:54 AM
old hand
old hand
Sadly 95% of traps you find in this game give no disarm option. But yeah, it works on that other 5%.

Serax #731911 10/11/20 07:47 PM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Waiting for level limit to be increased before moving forward

Serax #744275 12/12/20 01:16 AM
S
Serax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Day 1 of Patch 3 EA 4.1.90.2222

After character creation I was forced to restart the game when looking at pool in the beginning. I failed my check and tried to reach in. It knocked me backwards and I went in to combat mode and I was not able to get out of that mode or interact with anything in the game.

At the Chapel Entrance when the initial cut scene with the halfling warrior. I tried to persuade them that it was full of monster and failed. I pressed continue but it asked if I wanted to re-roll again afterwards and continue. But I am not able to click on anything and it continued on the conversation with that stuck on my screen. I cannot exit it. I can't open any menu's or do anything. I was then attacked by the halfing and his friends but cannot take a turn or anything because I have the re-roll again or continue up on my screen. I will actually have to close the game out completely and restart.

Link Copied to Clipboard